We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ettenmoors: The drama between 1v1ers and Raiders

Hey Turbine

According to your rule, players can be reported for greiving other players. This would mean trying to stop them from playing however they want. Am I right?

Raiders say, - "On our server we have what we call Circle-Jerkers who stop the Raid action by parking their fight club (1v1s) smack in the middle of a busy area or in the road. This is a problem for us."

1v1ers say, - "On our server we have what we call Raid-Babies (people who use the Ettenmoors for what it was designed for) who Raid around zerging our 1v1s that are smack in the middle of the road."

We have two parties here who cannot get along. Most had it all settled by making a designated area, which Turbine clearly was not happy with. If you stop the 1v1s, you grieve the 1v1ers. If you 1v1 in the middle of the road, you grieve the Raiders.

IT CANT BE BOTH. Now which is it?

You know, I really don't care which solution you choose. You guys are aware of a problem, now go fix it.

Questions, Concerns? Post a comment.

P.S. Yes I posted this under General Discussion because clearly Turbine Devs don't read the Monster Player forum.

This is in the Ettenmoors, right? Why don't you settle it with a fight?

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

I don't see why Turbine needs to do anything. It's the Ettenmoors. Anything goes.

So you're saying both parties can report eachother for doing what they're suppose to be doing?

EDIT: Oh yes and someone told me on Vent to add this: One solution is to put 1v1s in instances.

Sounds like you might be a bit biased there.
    Chaith - R11 Burglar - Gladden

Hey Bryter

They could create an area that you travel from the main city (GV for freeps and I dont remeber the one from creeps side) and that area is only for 1v1... they could use something like "spar" in this special area...
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

only an idoit 1v1s in a busy area. thats why candy mountain was so poular. now a days the old plains outpost spot is commen.

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    I don't see why Turbine needs to do anything. It's the Ettenmoors. Anything goes.

Not quite..

This isnt Turbine's problem to work out though.

Dont have 1v1's in the middle of high traffic areas... durr.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

1v1s till one side ganks and then fights go from there. I don't see anything dramatic about it, just the moors. No one has to respect 1v1s nor does anyone have to join in a zerg.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    1v1s till one side ganks and then fights go from there. I don't see anything dramatic about it, just the moors. No one has to respect 1v1s nor does anyone have to join in a zerg.
    ^ Its exactly that,everyone decides how he wants to play,and what he wants to do.. Even if Stoffi would disagree and say Turbine forces ppl to zerg

Aside of that,how naive to think turbine cares about their Rules other then chat concerned stuff ingame/forum posts
    I havent seen anyone beeing banned for using the stat exploit some weeks ago.. And that was a major rule break example

So in otherwords, everyone can do anything they want, according to you guys.

So you'd have no problem with Raiders zerging your 1v1s, right? Since everyone can do whatever they want.

Let's be more realistic. I like the suggestions of making a 1v1 area separate from the regular. Like instanced or something.

Everyone has to die, how or when isnt important. What is important is fixing the lag, we need to generate more drama over that issue.

If you go ettenmoors you'll die sooner or later. If you get killed by a raid... tough luck, get a raid of your own and kill them back
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Raid-Babies (people who use the Ettenmoors for what it was designed for)
    i wonder which side your on

and also you act like people who 1v1 never raid.. mkay
    [color=red]Soleus vs Zergs [B][/B][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbYkH5D6Y_Q](Best Clips)[/url][/color]
    [color=Black]Retired[/color]

what a beautiful false dichotomy
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands

While I would rather watch grass grow or paint dry than 1v1 I do understand that folks enjoy it and that they need a place to call home while in The Moors.

Before RoR (geesh these New Moors suq, but I digress) Candy Mountain and the Xroads were respected 1v1 territory, now it's a go anywhere. I mean I got chided when a creep logged to freep just to QQ that I had interrupted his 1v1 at...wait for it...outside GV, when moments before creeps and freeps were fighting full force as is the usual these days! Oh, and when I told him where to go he said, "welcome to my ignore list!" Like I asked for his attention in the first place!

1v1rs do need their space, I agree. Now currently the best place for that is Plains of Gramsfoot where the old OP used to be. Only problem with that is it is too far from either side's rez spots and so unless there is a healer present to revive someone it's a long ride/walk back. So...how about if the devs slap an arena smack down in the plains with plenty of seating for those who just want to watch. And it gets better, at each end of this arena there can be rez circles for each side with barriers similar to those that keep creeps out of GV and freeps out of Grams.

Pass the popcorn! Anyone?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000088c18/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I never saw a sign sayin "the Ettenmoors are designed for raiding". Last I checked, its a pvp zone, which means, players can PLAYER VS PLAYER, which can either entail, 1v1ing or raiding. Only thing I'm opposed to is ZvZs or ZvPs, which are very common in most servers, if not all servers, today's moors. I like both, prefer 1v1s, but the moors have become more raid-based to my dismay; I liked when it was balanced b4 the expac, but that's Turbine for you.

The moral of the story boys and girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbUCI9bEvA
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LickoryMyHickory View Post
    I never saw a sign sayin "the Ettenmoors are designed for raiding".
    I think you need to read the Dev diaries. IIRC, It stated why a rez circle was dropped onto CM.

I think you need to read the Dev diaries. IIRC, It stated why a rez circle was dropped onto CM.
    I stopped believing/reading certain parts of what the "dev" diarraheaies as I like to call them, a long time ago . I'm pretty sure it's still a designated pvp zone tho, whether the so called pvp "devs" classify it as a raid zone or not is not up to them, but the players, which is hopefully a nice balance of 1v1ing/small grouping/raiding where they can in an utopian pvp zone could live together in harmony without zerging .

It seems you already picked your side....
    Imo there is a time to solo, a time to 1v1 and a time to raid up.
    I don't have issues with either of these types of fights...

My issues are mainly, whenever a freep/creep calls out a SOLO player because said person is too chicken to take out said player alone and wants that player to be zerged
    I don't have too much issues being zerged, it's not fun of course, but ill have my revenge the next time you zerg me near a map location
    The issue is if you zerg solo's you force them to either zerg instead of soloing or sit at a keep or gv or whatever.

When there is a raid out somewhere taking keeps it's time to group up and have a RvsR situation
    ADAPT and OVERCOME.

The players i call raidbabies aren't players that prefer raiding to soloing or 1v1's or do it more often.
    What i call a raidbaby is a player that doesn't come out of grams/gv unless he has a raid following him.
    And said players from my experience tend to by high ranks that don't know how to play or even mouse turn.

It's a game you will have competitive behavior in any game, trolling griefing etc.

Oh and about the reporting, i expect it will be mainly ignored

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hey Turbine

According to your rule, players can be reported for greiving other players. This would mean trying to stop them from playing however they want. Am I right?

Raiders say, - "On our server we have what we call Circle-Jerkers who stop the Raid action by parking their fight club (1v1s) smack in the middle of a busy area or in the road. This is a problem for us."
    1v1's is a true test of skill. In a Raid vs Raid all that occurs is that the side with more healers will win. Because of the fact that your a cappy, and it takes you hours to get a kill solo, does not mean that 1v1'ers are what you call "circle-jerkers" because in actuality, it takes a real freep with real skill to get a kill solo in a prepared fight between two enemy parties.

1v1ers say, - "On our server we have what we call Raid-Babies (people who use the Ettenmoors for what it was designed for) who Raid around zerging our 1v1s that are smack in the middle of the road."
    So I will just pick this apart one at a time. Raid-Babies. Well that seems quite right as any person who joins a raid has a much higher chance of surviving. In this they are babied in the moors and taught that they respective side is invincible, considering they have the correct group make up. This only calls for more QQ'ers. "People who use the ettenmoors for what it was designed for" well, then you dont understand what the ettenmoors is. PvP (Player vs Player) notice its not P'svP's. Finally, you say "zerging our 1v1s" well, any human being with any form of common sense can understand that when freeps and creeps are standing peacefully next to eachother then it is a 1v1 area. Therefore, you only proved that you are further incompetent and must zerg a group of unsuspecting (true pvpers) in order to get any form of income.

Do you wear a helmet and knee pads to the grocery store?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920a0000001ce205/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by arundell View Post
    1v1's is a true test of skill. In a Raid vs Raid all that occurs is that the side with more healers will win. Because of the fact that your a cappy, and it takes you hours to get a kill solo, does not mean that 1v1'ers are what you call "circle-jerkers" because in actuality, it takes a real freep with real skill to get a kill solo in a prepared fight between two enemy parties.

I agree with you to an extent. 1v1s are a true test of skill, not so much now due to OP buffs/relics, but back b4 that they proved such. Remove those, and 1v1s will mean something again. As for Raid vs Raid, I still think that takes skill, tho a diff type of skill compared to 1v1s. 1v1s make you a better player overall imo, esp if u hold back from using cds. I just wish raiders and 1v1ers could coexist like they could b4 on my server.

Zerglings are the problem with pvp, cuz they dont pvp. Unfortunately, they infect the mass populous of today's "pvp".

I like both 1v1s and raids. If Im at a 1v1 circle and I see a craid coming in to zerg I mount up and go away for a few moments and come back when its safe, easy as that. If Im in a raid I dont zerg 1v1s, even if the rest of my group does. I respect 1v1s and dont want any of my 1v1s to get zerged.

I think both are important things in lotro pvp. like someone in the above said 1v1s teach individual class skill. Raids also teach grouping skills, following targets and ect.

I would rather not have instanced pvp. I think its fine the way it is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421600000010ce46/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sylidor, you were the best raid leader freepside, we all love and miss you. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by arundell View Post
    any human being with any form of common sense can understand that when freeps and creeps are standing peacefully next to eachother then it is a 1v1 area.
    + rep to you.

At the end of the day, Zerglings gonna zerg, raid babies are gonna raid; Unskilled players look for any excuse to obtain easy points. They will try to justify zerging and ganking, high traffic areas, blah blah wall of txt.

I find that those who whine about 1v1 circles are those who have no real skill, typically have bad movement, KB turn etc etc. A typical case of hating on those that can because they themselves cannot.

As for you Bryter:
    IT CANT BE BOTH. Now which is it?
    It can definately be both. Stop looking to Turbine for a solution as the solution relys upon the players mentality.

Sad sad sad. 1v1s, small group and raid vs raid action has co-existed for the most part peacefully over the past 5 years. Most of the time (in the past) folks tend to have mutual respect for eachother and don't zerg solo'ers or small groups with much greater numbers.

Bryter, It is sad that you get destroyed on the E server forums and in-game that you have to open up your drama to the rest of the community. Are you that starved for attention? You seem to be fixated on what the devs intended and what is not intended. To that I respond with who cares what the devs think, this isn't their game. Once again you keep overstepping trying to influence how this game is supposed to be played by your "personal" perspective and think everyone owes you special treatment. Just a reminder that this is our game and each individual can play it how they want. I'm not hatin on you for raidin it up.. that is fine. Just quit hatin on us when we do have 1v1 circles. Hate to break the news to ya but if folks happen to have a 1v1 circ and don't want to raid-baby it up, then who the heck are you to try to tell folks what to do otherwise. Correct, nobody.
    Last edited by 87_Suited; Jan 27 2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Bigslick

Typical Bryter Post Pining For Attention

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast