We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    so you take one simple small step at a time, PO should be scaled too but getting it instant cast is the first small step you take. If it goes well and gets adopted, then we howl about the scale. Having more well thought out changes is great, there are numerous threads covering the breadth of the hunter class where one can gleen changes to their hearts content.

Hows that strategy worked out so far?
    You are painfully obviously under informed of the development cycle history of the hunter to make that statement. For the past 4 1/2 years that is how the hunter has been evolved. It doesn't lead to a better playing class, it leads to more and more half-useful skills; a lot of maybes, almosts and near-misses. Turbine has a long history of saying they were going to begin something now and then tune it further down the road, and then never come back to it. And you think that is a good idea to apply to hunters?

No; just no. I don't think hunters need a revamp. I do think they need a solid vision, a defined direction and role and a dev who will commit to seeing this through long-term. Half-baked community ideas are not going to help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Hows that strategy worked out so far?
    Apparently it worked for creeps. They QQ and cried for long time and got more and more.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000407a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thought often gets in the way of truth. Pain clears the mind of thought.
    But all thoughts free our mind, and let the truth make itself known.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    You know what I meant. And manheal isn't instant.
    Sorry wasn't to clear on what I said. I meant to say it is instant because it has no induction.

Quote Originally Posted by ColorSpecs View Post
    YFor the past 4 1/2 years that is how the hunter has been evolved. It doesn't lead to a better playing class, it leads to more and more half-useful skills; a lot of maybes, almosts and near-misses.
    Key word, 4 1/2 years. And yet your join date says March 2012, a bit awkward.
    Last edited by lioheart; Jan 11 2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithias View Post
    Apparently it worked for creeps. They QQ and cried for long time and got more and more.
    Thats part of the problem though tith the comparison dosent work. You are correct creeps cried and cried, I know i was in the thick of it the hits and DPS after ROI were silly. Some of the toons creepside needed major facelifts, some got to much. Hunters (in my view anyway) dont need a major rewrite, they need targeted changes to enhance their PvP prowess. i dont see any other aspect of the game where they lack and so when we have hunters putting out dossier's of a complete class overhaul it dosent fit.

Creeps were weak in the only aspect of the game they particpate in. We are talking about a freep class here, the complete class rewrites have to account for PVE, raids and PvP. 2/3 of that is fine frankly and the PvE is the driver anyway. So with that reality in mind one has to conclude that the best approach isnt the overhaul (hence my hows that working for you comment) but rather small incremental changes that build over time.

Instant cast press onward is a good example, its not going to dramatically impact the other aspects of the game. QQing works, for creeps its a different game they dont impact anything outside of the moors, freep toons do so we have to be mindful of that when proposing changes.

/signed
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Since its a legendary and since the heal hasen't scaled with the expansion I don't see it being unbalancing at all to have this be inductionless.

So /Signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

/signed
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]
    Visit our [url=www.wefightforfood.com]website[/url] or find us on fb :)

I've played hunter since launch, took a break following MoM and been on and off for a while. Turbine has done a lot of good and bad with the class, but my opinion is that it has improved quite a bit. I'll stick to this thread's topic though by saying it would definitely be nice to have an induction-less PO as I take nearly the same dmg as I get back while inducting. Having it usable in combat is far and away much better than it originally was, and a well timed dazed - except on immune mobs - usually gets me out of trouble. I'd be more interested in having it scale up though.

/signed

The best for the hunter class would be:
    Make it instant cast, usable on the move and scale it properly with level.

For a more balance solution would be:
    Make it instant cast but not usable on the move.

The worst solution should be:
    Make the induction 1 or 2 seconds maximun and scale it properly with level.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000016b28/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

/signed

but would still not slot it unless it gets scaled.
    Jennicide, Lore Master ~ Elcastor, Hunter
    Arielal, Minstrel ~ Anyawen, Guardian
    Renishii, Rune-Keeper

/revived

/re-signed

Signatures: 23
    keep it coming!
    Last edited by Lendas; Jan 24 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
    The best for the hunter class would be:
    Make it instant cast, usable on the move and scale it properly with level.
    IMO that would be asking for too much. I bet if the devs had a say in it, they would choose to either make it instant OR scale it, but not both (devs, heh).

For a more balance solution would be:
    Make it instant cast but not usable on the move.
    This is what I suggested earlier in the thread. Make it stationary induction-less (similar to using Barbed Arrow after using Scourging Blow, or how the Man Heal is). Which IMO is the best solution, or the solution I'd be most happy with.

The worst solution should be:
    Make the induction 1 or 2 seconds maximun and scale it properly with level.
    I would also agree with this one. No matter what this skill NEEDS to be scaled, since morale and power pots are almost a good as this nowadays, which makes the skill pretty much redundant. And to compensate for the scale, the induction should not be instant cast, but rather reduced (as you stated).
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Signed.
    [center]Dum spiro, spero - Cicero
    Alexandrov, R9
    Stanimir, R7
    Kollontai, noob
    [/center]

/signed
    [center][color=#1F45FC]Rathregraw R10 Hunter ~ Chayse R6 Cappy ~ Lummen-1 R9 RK ~ Chesterr R6 WRD ~ Bammeg R7 Burg [/color]
    [color=#FF0000]Kutyaa R12 Warg ~ Bammeg-1 R11 BA ~ Krashbar R8 Reaver ~ Djangoo R7 Deffy [/color][/center]

/signed

/. Signed. It needs to be no induction and no animation heal. Also, Please scale this past level 50.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000f3dbc/signature.png]Calatia[/charsig][/center][center][COLOR=GOLD]"I think hunters need another nerf"[/COLOR][/center]

/Signed

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    /Signed

But honestly, does anyone think this will happen? Our dev has been basically non-existent for as long as I can remember. I think this skill needs to be changed completely. Scaled correctly (as someone else on here stated), right now this skill does barely more than morale and power pots (possibly more). I mean if the devs want to make it a little difficult for us, just make it like the Man Heal or Barbed Arrow after using Scourging Blow. Don't make it on-the-move induction-less, make it stationary induction-less.

So while I agree with this and think it should be changed, I doubt anything will happen.
    I am not even sure we have a dev taking care of our class in the first place. Medium armour users feel like neglected. Exception might be the warden.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

/Signed

Given the recent changes to power on BR I think this is actually a must. Once the changes go live press onward is even more useless. Also the heal isn't that much since raid mobs are hit us for 4-8K+ a hit so its not really unbalancing at all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

/signed
    even tho its a waste of time, turbine dosnt care about what the players want.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

/signed
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Thumbs up

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000175fe/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed. This is the only real emergency button and self-heal skill we have, and having to do some serious CC or kiting just to get it off defeats the purpose IMHO.
    Last edited by Wilros; Feb 12 2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added explanation for signing.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

/Signed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast