We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Wheel of Time

Wheel of Time

Well, its almost over. The Wheel of Time series finally ends tomorrow, with the release of the final book A Memory of Light. Looking forward to seeing how it all finally concludes...

Brandon Sanderson is the Turbine of TWT. Except instead of purchasing a license, he was called by the author's widow and personally selected to write the last volume.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c4b15/01001/signature.png]Goling[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Armaius View Post
    Well, its almost over. The Wheel of Time series finally ends tomorrow, with the release of the final book A Memory of Light. Looking forward to seeing how it all finally concludes...
    I have to admit, I haven't read any of the books by Brandon. I eagerly awaited The Gathering Storm, purchased it, read the first 20 pages, closed it and never picked it up again. I was totally thrown off by Sanderson's writing style. It is so stuttering and abbreviated. It's a polar opposite of Robert Jordan's style, which is prosaic, liquid, and often rambling.

It. was. like. reading. this.

I'm sure in the future I will pick it up again, but boy do I miss Robert Jordan.

As far as I'm concerned, WoT needs to be staked and buried face-down at a crossroads so it will rise no more to trouble the living. It's been dead to me since about volume 6, if I remember rightly.