We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hello fellow crafters, question about Bree Town revamp and facilities

So I love the new Bree Town, as stated in other threads, but now I have a reason to pause. Up in West Bree of the town are some new crafting facilities, like a Superior Study. The only NPC I see nearby is a Grocer who does not carry specific crafting ingredients like Leather Journals for a Scholar.

Anybody know if there are more NPCs up in that corner for crafting? The Crafting Hall is not a Supior Study, so the Scholar vendor does have Eastmnet materials. Maybe they will be added later?

Thanks and cheers.

The Crafting Hall actually will give you the Superior and regular crafting buffs. The facility is just labelled incorrectly. There is also an Expert Scholar in there now which does sell all tiers worth of scholar mats.

As far as the other crafting area, I don't know, but the main crafting hall has everything you need.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I thank you and will check the Crafting Hall more closely during my next visit. All I saw was the familiar Scholar in the far corner of the Crafting Hall who did not offer higher Leather Journals.

I sure like that Bree Town can be/is almost a one-stop hub, even for higher levels.

The Three-Farrow craft hall (near the Boar Fountain) not only has all Superior facilities/suppliers, but Vault and Auction Hall access as well. It really is your one-stop shop for crafting at all levels. The only things missing are farmland and a campfire (Superior farmland can be found near Bree's west gate and there's a campfire in the southwest corner of town, in Beggar's Alley I believe it's called).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fb565/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    I thank you and will check the Crafting Hall more closely during my next visit. All I saw was the familiar Scholar in the far corner of the Crafting Hall who did not offer higher Leather Journals.
    The new guy is apparently shy, he's hiding a bit. Due to the layout (bookshelves surrounding the scholar area, and the fact that it dips down a bit) it's pretty obvious he's there if you look at the exit door from the scholar area, but looking at the scholar area from the rest of the crafting hall, he's hidden.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

the Supplier in the bree crafting hall has all the mats iirc. I've only ever noticed a novice scholar in the back left but supplier has had all I need so never really looked further for another npc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002a836c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The three-farrow is nice the way it is now.

Hopefully, Turbine will see sense and make all the crafting areas in the game that way, especially in all the new areas. Infact, I personally think the whole superior crafting tables are horrible dated these days and should be gotten rid of. It's just unnecessary code and servers to funnel the player base into a limited number of areas: Something that's generally a bad idea for MMOs in terms of making the world seem alive and populated as a while.

It also bring significant lore-related questions up as well. For instance, why common Bree-towners now have the ability to craft wonderful items (using the current superior stations), but the elves in Rivendell/Thorin's Hall cannnot.
    Last edited by Ruthelia; Apr 07 2013 at 07:53 AM.
    [center][I]"No, you are right. There is strength in these hobbits yet,
    and if they need to repel dangers from outside, they will do so."[/I]
    -Ranger Halros[/center]