We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Best 1v1 Community

It is with trepidation that I invite the apocalypse by asking an opinion-based question on the pvmp forums.

I’m thinking of starting a new greenie rvr on a different server for the sole purpose of polishing my 1v1 skills.

So I’d like to know which servers have thriving 1v1 communities.

This can mean either having regular sparring circles, or having an environment where there are lots of solo freeps running about in open play, and therefore lots of opportunities for good 1v1 fights.

Also note that a ‘thriving’ 1v1 community probably means at least two things:

a) that 1v1 fights are numerous and regular

b) that 1v1 fights are generally allowed to go uninterrupted by others (whether in a sparring circle or if groups/raids come across them in the open), so that fights usually go the distance without one side being ganked.

Note on point b) that I only say generally, because I don’t expect 1v1s to be respected 100% of the time by 100% of the populace.

The ‘Best’ in the thread title was by way of an inflammatory banner to drag people in, but I don’t really want this to become a server vs. server discussion about whose 1v1s rock hardest, just a list of those servers who do have thriving 1v1 communities, along with the details of those communities.

Also, I know I’m asking for people’s time and assistance here, but be aware that I will nevertheless come down with righteous wrath (maybe also popping Wrath before I do) on any posts which seem to be dragging this towards a flame fest: everyone’s been ganked in 1v1s a few times, and I’d rather not go over each incident again in this thread if poss please!

Thanks stalwart freeps and creeps of the ‘Moors!
    Grolmog, Rank 9 WL >>>>>>> Brogga, Rank 10 Reaver
    Gwawmoth, Rank 8 Warg >>>>>>> Daedelith, Rank 6 Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Grolmog View Post
    I’m thinking of starting a new greenie rvr on a different server
    stopped reading there

[color=red]Soleus vs Zergs [B][/B][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbYkH5D6Y_Q](Best Clips)[/url][/color]
    [color=Black]Retired[/color]

And here I thought players only PvMP for the challenge...

Play a Freep if you want to work on your 1v1 skills in this book.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Two fine joke replies there, although Klover wins because he took the time to attach a pic. Extra points would have been awarded if the pic was of Calculon though.

Brogga demands information pertaining to the op!

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    And here I thought players only PvMP for the challenge...

Play a Freep if you want to work on your 1v1 skills in this book.
    just don't let it be a warden, lm, or champ. Are Minnis still considered OP?

Also a newly rolled freep is looking at about 3 weeks of dedicated playing for leveling/deeding and jewelry/LI grinding before they're going to be competetive in the moors. A creep just needs about 1k tp and a weekend spent in a craid (obviously assuming the server has open craids). Thats a pretty significant disparity.

To the OP: Elendilmir has a small amount of soloers who aren't simply solo till they see something to call out, on both sides, so on that aspect I wouldn't consider it a destinaton server. 1v1 circles can be pretty decent and frequent but it also doesn't take long for a number of creeps to get antsy and zerg it when the action isn't to there liking. I have no illusions that plenty of freeps here wouldn't do the same, but the creep to freep ratio currently means freeps are looking for 1v1s to escape the constant zerging, and creep groups are have little consistent opposition.

I left Nimrodel with RoR so this may not still be completely accurate but as a smaller server I found both creep and freepside had more people who wouldn't work or group together so soloing or very small groups were more common. On the other hand 1v1 circles were far more rare. No idea how well 1v1s are respected now that candy mountain is gone.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    a warden
    This ain't The 300.

lm
    Gandalf dies. Just sayin'.

champ.
    Hit the Glory Stance or hit retreat.

Are Minnis still considered OP?
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure Ms. Paiz plays one. Correlation not causation? Amiright? No.

Also a newly rolled freep is looking at about 3 weeks of dedicated playing for leveling/deeding and jewelry/LI grinding before they're going to be competetive in the moors. A creep just needs about 1k tp and a weekend spent in a craid (obviously assuming the server has open craids). Thats a pretty significant disparity.
    Easymode from beginning to end...I see what you did thurrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    ...Rhubarb, Derail, Peas and Carrots, Rhubarb...
    Your input is appreciated.

Your input is appreciated.
    It's just amusing how quickly things change in a year.

This time last year, you made a, decently written, declaration to Turbine, announcing your departure from PvMP and subsequent cancellation. Mostly because you felt that you couldn't compete on any level.

RoR comes around, they throw everything at Creeps including the kitchen sink.

And now...

You're looking to server hop to prove your 1v1 prowess. Just find it kind of humorous given the current state of the Moors.

Two fine joke replies there, although Klover wins because he took the time to attach a pic. Extra points would have been awarded if the pic was of Calculon though.

Brogga demands information pertaining to the op!
    my server is polluted with reaver xfer's who think they're hot &&&& because they rolled a freaver on our server and can spam wrath sudden strikes and pop AtOs. if you want respect in the actual 1v1 community go roll a freep like the other people in this thread have said otherwise you'll just be another xfer ezmoder. sorry.
    [color=red]Soleus vs Zergs [B][/B][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbYkH5D6Y_Q](Best Clips)[/url][/color]
    [color=Black]Retired[/color]

Perhaps I should explain:

This is not a thread announcing my intention to show my prowess or show what hot &&&& I am. I’m not even really bothered about how much people respect me (although that’s always nice).

I am not a great player. I am average. People on my home server hand me my &&& all the time. I want to get better though, and to do that I need more practice.

Laurelin currently has fairly low action, and the 1v1 action is nearly non-existent, so I do not get enough practice to improve.

I am free to play, so the Reaver is my toon of choice. The Reaver currently has a lot of potential. I would disagree with those who suggest that it is an all-conquering monster that eats freeps for breakfast though.

As I see it, it is currently clearly more powerful than 4 freep classes, about equal to 2 freep classes, and clearly less powerful than 3 freep classes.

I’m not going to specify which, to avoid this becoming a class v class flame war.

If you think freeps have it worse than creeps at the moment, that’s fine. You’re entitled to your opinion, and you may well be right.

Please though, could we save that for another thread and go back to me getting some handy advice on which servers have frequent 1v1 action?

Gladden is good, all you need to do is go one the fourms and say Hedvik is a bad play for about 2 weeks. you will be up to your ears in people who want your head. or you could insult chipperia, the ex leader of the largest creep tribe on the server.

thats how gladden 1v1s start, 2 players settling grudes. we also have a great fourm comunity.

I am not a great player. I am average. People on my home server hand me my &&& all the time. I want to get better though, and to do that I need more practice.

go back to me getting some handy advice on which servers have frequent 1v1 action?
    Go to Elendilmir.

My server used to have frequent 1v1 circles but have really died down with RoR. I haven't creeped as much as of late so I can't comment one way or another as to if they still happen frequently but I doubt it.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Gladden used to have a great, if not the best, 1v1 community imo. We used to be regarded as one of the top 1v1 servers, both skill-wise and just for pure entertainment factor. Unfortunately, like many servers, we've been afflicted by the terrible mechanic changes by these so called "pvp devs", effectively killing 1v1s, or any sport in 1v1s. I really urged for a 1v1 arena, but no attempt was made, shocking I know :P.

I applaud ur effort to try and ingrain yourself into a 1v1 community at this point and age, but it's pretty much pointless now due to 1v1s pretty much being fubared.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/