We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Outrageous Inflation In-Game! I QUIT!

What the heck! I zoned into West Bree, ran to the Stable Master thinking ok, gonna take that fast track to South Bree and wham, WHAT?!? 1s to go to South Bree?!? This must be a mistake! It used to be what, 6cp? Thats 1666% increase in fare...NO WAY!!! I QUIT!!! AND NO, you can't have must stuff!!! Bleh...bawahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmuar View Post
    What the heck! I zoned into West Bree, ran to the Stable Master thinking ok, gonna take that fast track to South Bree and wham, WHAT?!? 1s to go to South Bree?!? This must be a mistake! It used to be what, 6cp? Thats 1666% increase in fare...NO WAY!!! I QUIT!!! AND NO, you can't have must stuff!!! Bleh...bawahahahaha...
    Uh, nope. It's been 1s for ages, unless you have the travel discount on your account and it's a bit less, but I don't remember exactly. But it was definitely not 6c. Also, swift travel is a convenience, not a necessity. Get on your own horse and go from one side of Bree to the other. It doesn't take that long.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Bye bye

i think you guys missed the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Uh, nope. It's been 1s for ages, unless you have the travel discount on your account and it's a bit less, but I don't remember exactly. But it was definitely not 6c. Also, swift travel is a convenience, not a necessity. Get on your own horse and go from one side of Bree to the other. It doesn't take that long.
    Come on, OP is clearly a satire of a rage quit post. A level 85 char like him can't sneeze without getting a gold for trash these days (much less the gold that you get for a BG run). But have to say, I'd give it a lowish grade as such...

its been that price for a while and at 85 you shouldnt have any issue making gold before bg scaled i used to be happy to make 15g a day from killing trash mobs around the world for deeds since bg scaled i can make anything up to 750g a day from ah selling symbols crystals of remberance and starlits let alone the 5g you make per run frm the trash on the way to dourchest

Really? 1sp for ages...oh...well...never mind...(and yes, this is sarcasm, some folks are just too serious...)

It is pretty hard to miss the satire here, but I guess it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    I think the travel discount is 60c, and he might have misread it as 6c. I could be wrong though; an erroneous explanation indeed. However, I think there isn't such a high inflation on LOTRO because of the fact people have so much money and that there are so many things that can be bought with gold. For what it's worth, the prices of items do not change, as opposed in real life. Thus, it's very easy to control inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by RKL View Post
    It is pretty hard to miss the satire here, but I guess it can be done.
    uh yup

I don't think swift travel across Bree was ever as low as 6c. Was that part of the satire?

What I do remember is that when West-gate to South-gate travel was first introduced, it wasn't swift, you were supposed to ride across town --- and it was SO borked. The horse invariably hit some piece of landscape along the way and stopped, and you had to dismount. I think Turbine made it swift travel in self-defense, rather than trying to debug each tiny course change along the route.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Dustalin View Post
    I think so, too. It was so over-the-top Al Gore would have got it.

Stupid joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    Stupid joke.
    Hey, I can make fun of Al Gore. I voted for him.

In that case, can I have your stuff? =p

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Come on, OP is clearly a satire of a rage quit post. A level 85 char like him can't sneeze without getting a gold for trash these days (much less the gold that you get for a BG run). But have to say, I'd give it a lowish grade as such...
    I guess I'm just slow today. Or perhaps a little jaded by all of the rage quit posts I've read over the last 6 years. Either way, totally missed it.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

while i agree with you, i think the sarcasm was lost on most underneath all the incoherence

I mean, someone has to be joking, right? A negative ding against reputation for trying to do a bit of tongue-in-cheek satire. Jeez, I'd hate of seen some of our community at a George Carlin concert..... No more satire for me...at least not here.

The stable master has a wife and FOURTEEN kids to feed, plus a mother-in-law living with him, and an old Goblin injury that causes him pain so he has to pay through the nose for grog to ease his suffering. His favorite cow died of mad hobbit disease and his goat is sick! And you're going to complain over a few measly coins?

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by Moorgar; Jan 06 2013 at 05:50 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004e1e46/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [center][COLOR="#FFD700"]Broken Signature provided by Turbine Quality Control[/COLOR][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Moorgar View Post
    The stable master as a wife and FOURTEEN kids to feed, plus a mother-in-law living with him, and an old Goblin injury
    I hear he took a Goblin to the knee.

I mean, someone has to be joking, right? A negative ding against reputation for trying to do a bit of tongue-in-cheek satire. Jeez, I'd hate of seen some of our community at a George Carlin concert..... No more satire for me...at least not here.

I repped ya to off set that negative rep.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I repped ya to off set that negative rep.
    Oh, yeah, well maybe I'll +rep you for +repping him. But I can't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorgar View Post
    The stable master has a wife and FOURTEEN kids to feed, plus a mother-in-law living with him, and an old Goblin injury that causes him pain so he has to pay through the nose for grog to ease his suffering. His favorite cow died of mad hobbit disease and his goat is sick! And you're going to complain over a few measly coins?

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Hanging head in shame, kicking a stone. Okay, I won't quit and I promise to use his mounts every single time I am Bree.

Hanging head in shame, kicking a stone. Okay, I won't quit and I promise to use his mounts every single time I am Bree.
    That's better, and don't forget to eat all your vegetables.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004e1e46/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [center][COLOR="#FFD700"]Broken Signature provided by Turbine Quality Control[/COLOR][/center]

I'm conflicted.

6.5/10, i guess.

Never really built up a good head of steam, no direction to the enraged narrative, laughing reveal at the end made the whole piece stumble.

Then again, it got multiple bites, so it was nonetheless effective.