We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Roleplaying in Laurelin

Hi everyone... I am a heavy-immersive roleplayer and I just came back to LOTRO after many years away (and my characters got deleted unfortunately =p) as I heard it was now free...

I am looking for like-minded roleplayers... Not necessarily a kinship or a group, just people who I can really roleplay with, and not just chit-chat in character ^^ We can make the quests together, level even, create storylines for our own hunting/questing adventures, etc... For me games are just no fun without such heavy roleplaying and immersion

So if any heavy RPer still lives in LOTRO-Laurelin, please contact me =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000193851/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just to let you know

Your original characters never got deleted, they are still there.
    It appears you never migrated your account over to the Turbine World Service

This means that should you wish to create a new RP toon with same Name, it will be impossible
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 390 8Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyStarshine View Post
    Hi everyone... I am a heavy-immersive roleplayer and I just came back to LOTRO after many years away (and my characters got deleted unfortunately =p) as I heard it was now free...

I am looking for like-minded roleplayers... Not necessarily a kinship or a group, just people who I can really roleplay with, and not just chit-chat in character ^^ We can make the quests together, level even, create storylines for our own hunting/questing adventures, etc... For me games are just no fun without such heavy roleplaying and immersion

So if any heavy RPer still lives in LOTRO-Laurelin, please contact me =)
    There is lots of great roleplay going on on Laurelin, you can get a glimpse of it on the Laurelin Archives here.

A lot of it initially will depend on which race you start out as. For example for a man you will be best looking to Bree and the Breeland Homesteads for RP. For elves check out the Hall of Fire event in Rivendell on Wednesday evenings (UK time) and on other days as well. This location serves as an RP hub at times for the elven community. For Hobbits they have their regular prime event of the Green Dragon Friday evenings. Last of all there is the Dwarven folk who i dont know much about having never played a Dwarf in all my time in Middle Earth. But they do have a couple of active Kinships who conduct regular roleplay.

I hope this helps you find a footing in Middle Earth and a place to get started.

I hope you have some great adventures.

Regards.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

I recently created myself a Man on Laurelin, should be around level 6 or so. Depending on your playing time we may have a chance of occasionally passing by each other.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Halsem is always willing to show off or entertain new folks. You will find him around the prancing pony, learning a few new instruments !

Hey people, thanks for the replies....

I created a human girl, wild barbarian type, from the now darkened woods West of Dale... She is level 6 right now too, just finishing the Archet prelude...

PM me anyone who is interesting in a more "immersive" RP, blending personal storylines and nicely woven RP into hunting and questing as well, creating long-term relationships and such... I'm not much for the only-eventual-chitchat-RP-in-Prancing-Pony, although I can do it sometimes...

=)

&&&&... Just realized that my old lvl24 and lvl30 characters are in Landroval.. Now I don't know where to play

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyStarshine View Post
    &&&&... Just realized that my old lvl24 and lvl30 characters are in Landroval.. Now I don't know where to play
    Play on both!
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    Play on both!
    Can be
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000193851/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I believe that for immersion into your role play Laurelin is the best server to fulfill this, but its also dependant on your game time/location

I am in Europe, so Laurelin would be best for me in every way.. But then again, my old characters are already leveled up to 30 and everything, and I don't want to give them up ... I wish there was a non-overly-expensive way to transfer them into servers

At the moment there is no way to transfer character from Landroval (ex-US server) to Laurelin (ex-EU server). It may (hopefully) become available at some unspecified date in future. Only transfers currently working are between any ex-US servers and between any ex-EU servers, but not from ex-US server to ex-EU server and vice versa. Incompatible database formats.

That dealt with, don't write off Landroval - it has one of biggest LotRO RP events - the Weatherstock. Its half a year away, but i bet, bands are already working upon preparations, and "Lonely Mountain Band" kinship - the main organizers - most probably is already busy with preparations too. Then there is alos a lot of other RP events - most known is "Ales and Tales", by example, but on Landroval forum subsection and http://www.landrovaltimes.info/ you will find even more info. also, the "calendar" section at the top of furums will have events that will happen soon.

Then again, level 30 is not that far ahead, that you cant catch up and pass it on a new char on Laurelin, and benefit would be bigger amount of players from Europe playing same time as you do. Check Laureling forum section and http://laurelinarchives.org/ for more info about things there. If you do play on Laurelin, check upion my char, if you need some help.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Oh bummer... Well, seems then like I will keep my Elf Huntress (lvl30) and Woman Champion (lvl28) in Landroval... And maybe make a different character in Laurelin...

So anyone looking for an RP partner in any of those servers let me know ^^

I started on Snowborne before moving to Laurelin and I have never looked back. My characters were only about 30th level before I had to start again on a new server. It did give me one advantage and that's by the time I moved and started again I had a clear idea of what character I wanted to play.

And I am surprised by how these forums DON'T work for such a thing as looking for RP... Didn't even get a single message at all =/

Honestly, if you're looking for RP, you are much better off posting in the various online communities dedicated to roleplaying in LOTRO. The Laurelin Archives is dedicated to roleplayers on the Laurelin server. I know Landroval has a couple, but I can't remember them offhand.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000027b798/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpot View Post
    Honestly, if you're looking for RP, you are much better off posting in the various online communities dedicated to roleplaying in LOTRO. The Laurelin Archives is dedicated to roleplayers on the Laurelin server. I know Landroval has a couple, but I can't remember them offhand.
    Maybe here (for Landroval): www.landrovaltimes.info

Have to check it out further though...