We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    This made me chuckle,all you do as a freep is "farm" Unless you are one of the lucky ppl that gets everything handed to them the first time they enter an instance etc. You do it slower,less efficient and not as boring as killing the same NPCs in a short time,but in the end doing the same skirmishes since last year is nothing but farming gear,marks,and whatever other stuff there is.. ^^
    Well if you want to stretch the definition this far then everything is farming and thus ok. But running in an instance where everyone needs to perform their role, which many times isn't that easy (especially t2 challenge runs for the good jewelery) isn't at all the same as multi boxing or getting in big creep groups where a few hits can kill the same npcs over and over to get one of the most powerful items in the game. Not even the same hemisphere.

    But by all means let's just let box farming run rampant in the Moors, same as rank and comm farming. It's not going to stop unless Turbine stops it, but when someone tells freeps if they only play smarter they could have boxes too is the height of arrogance. There's nothing that makes you smart about box farming, everyone knows how to do it.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Well if you want to stretch the definition this far then everything is farming and thus ok. But running in an instance where everyone needs to perform their role, which many times isn't that easy (especially t2 challenge runs for the good jewelery) isn't at all the same as multi boxing or getting in big creep groups where a few hits can kill the same npcs over and over to get one of the most powerful items in the game. Not even the same hemisphere.

    But by all means let's just let box farming run rampant in the Moors, same as rank and comm farming. It's not going to stop unless Turbine stops it, but when someone tells freeps if they only play smarter they could have boxes too is the height of arrogance. There's nothing that makes you smart about box farming, everyone knows how to do it.
    Wasn't there kinships and raids farming boxes and gold in instances that Turbine actually took out of the game for awhile because freeps exploited them so badly that it broke the economy? Tell me what hemisphere that was on please.

    But by all means let's just let box and gold farming run rampant in enclosed instances so that freeps can have 4k+ gold in a matter of days.
    What is it? What do you smell?

  3. #28
    Wasn't there kinships and raids farming boxes and gold in instances that Turbine actually took out of the game for awhile because freeps exploited them so badly that it broke the economy? Tell me what hemisphere that was on please.
    Also recipes and thank god it was taken out because farming is farming is bad no matter who does it. Difference though is Turbine did something about the instance farming as soon as they saw the loophole and nothing is being done about rank or loot box farming and it's being exploited far more than the instance farming from what I see in the Moors. The other difference is I see quite a few people who hate rank farming seeming to think loot box farming is just dandy. Just a lot of hypocrisy.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Well if you want to stretch the definition this far then everything is farming and thus ok. But running in an instance where everyone needs to perform their role, which many times isn't that easy (especially t2 challenge runs for the good jewelery) isn't at all the same as multi boxing or getting in big creep groups where a few hits can kill the same npcs over and over to get one of the most powerful items in the game. Not even the same hemisphere.

    But by all means let's just let box farming run rampant in the Moors, same as rank and comm farming. It's not going to stop unless Turbine stops it, but when someone tells freeps if they only play smarter they could have boxes too is the height of arrogance. There's nothing that makes you smart about box farming, everyone knows how to do it.

    Saruman t2 exploit farming isnt known to you? The countless other exploits used to farm marks/gear neither? Most of the things went on for a long time without bans or item setbacks,at the very heavy cases they closed the instance or place to do it as the Poster above me described better..

    But anyway,we are talking about farming lootboxes here,and getting them and the keys is easier on freepside,not cause of droprate or anything but just because you can buy them with gold from other players,whereas on creepside gold has little to no value and you cant buy a box or key that easy,and most will open themselves it cause of the brand/skin that could be inside.
    Its not arrogant if i say you can get them alot easier on your champ then i can on my creep,its a simple and logical Fact,for the reason i just mentioned. You can buy them if you got gold,on a creep there isnt much i can offer to get a Box...

    Doing the same old skirmishes/raids over and over,wich is in the end farming for an item/token or whatever you want out of there,isnt hard or anything either,i mean be honest now,you could 6man most of them rather easy... And from what i saw people farm Durchest for the Symbol quite easy too nowdays. I am surely not in the least way arrogant if i say everyone can do a skirmish raids to get the jewellry,and the new instances will be no different once ppl figure out a good way to do them in what raid kins call "farm mode".. As with any raids up until now ^.^

    Are you unhapy because creeps can farm boxes for the best "gear" wich is a Brand and perhaps a freaking Skin? I mean,i think alot of creeps would prefer to just run a 12man skirmish/raid or 6man instance a few times to get the best gear *wait creeps dont even have all that,so just a brand and a skin or something funny* with a much higher possibility then getting a box and a key and then the luck of getting a sigil or brand.

    And lastly,lol comparing farming NPCs for an Item drop with farming his own toons/friends toons is a bit of a weird move... Farming NPCs for their loot or for a Quest that needs u to kill X of X to complete,is the major timesink of many MMORPGs,its something as common as questing.. Farming rank in PvP is a different thing entirely.
    Or would you prefer only beeing able to do each raid/instance once? and no way to "farm" the top lvl gear? (perhaps get it all the first run? )
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 08 2013 at 10:00 PM.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Saruman t2 exploit farming isnt known to you? The countless other exploits used to farm marks/gear neither? Most of the things went on for a long time without bans or item setbacks,at the very heavy cases they closed the instance or place to do it as the Poster above me described better..
    I honestly didn't know about them and they should be closed if they exist but "mommy the other people did it first" is never an excuse, especially when you pass like 12 years old.

    But anyway,we are talking about farming lootboxes here,and getting them and the keys is easier on freepside,not cause of droprate or anything but just because you can buy them with gold from other players,whereas on creepside gold has little to no value and you cant buy a box or key that easy,and most will open themselves it cause of the brand/skin that could be inside.
    Its not arrogant if i say you can get them alot easier on your champ then i can on my creep,its a simple and logical Fact,for the reason i just mentioned. You can buy them if you got gold,on a creep there isnt much i can offer to get a Box...
    Maybe if both sides played completely fair but it's a pretty stupid and arrogant argument with the current system of farming. Playing completely fair on both sides with pveing on creeps only for maps and freeps to level I got 4 boxes on creeps (reaver and warg) and 3 on freeps (champ and mini). I got a sigil of battle on my warg which I used for flayer and nothing good on the freepside ones. Now, drop rate when played fairly is all conjecture and it is pretty arrogant to say you know anything about drop rate %s on either side. It's also the height of ridiculousness to say creeps aren't getting them at rates much more massively than freeps with farming.

    Doing the same old skirmishes/raids over and over,wich is in the end farming for an item/token or whatever you want out of there,isnt hard or anything either,i mean be honest now,you could 6man most of them rather easy... And from what i saw people farm Durchest for the Symbol quite easy too nowdays. I am surely not in the least way arrogant if i say everyone can do a skirmish raids to get the jewellry,and the new instances will be no different once ppl figure out a good way to do them in what raid kins call "farm mode".. As with any raids up until now ^.^
    A) different pieces of jewelery drop from different instances and gold jewelery only drops from t2 challenges and even there it is different depending on which instance you run. Skraids only have a few pieces of teal jewelery and a very low drop rate on symbols.

    B) The only people who can "farm" hard t2 instances are the ones with consistent groups who do it a lot, especially raids which BG is as ToO was before. Many of those people are not the same ones who Moors, especially because the farmed gear is not at all suitable for Moors in a lot of cases, like the ToO armor set.

    C) 2nd age LIs are basically the minimum needed to compete effectively in the Moors so while Durchest is easy farming for them is very, very different from farming for brands. Considering you will be able to get them from skirm camps eventually Turbine agrees with me.

    D) Anyone can farm for the strongest brand in the game, from the lowliest r0 creep to r15. It takes zero skill, zero talent, zero knowledge. If you multi box it's even easier. You can probably even macro it. Bam, 5 minute CD brand which doesn't share Cds with anything else. I don't think I'm being arrogant (hey see what I did there?) to say that is absolutely moronic.

    Are you unhapy because creeps can farm boxes for the best "gear" wich is a Brand and perhaps a freaking Skin? I mean,i think alot of creeps would prefer to just run a 12man skirmish/raid or 6man instance a few times to get the best gear *wait creeps dont even have all that,so just a brand and a skin or something funny* with a much higher possibility then getting a box and a key and then the luck of getting a sigil or brand.
    Ok please let's see creeps run a t2 BG on their freeps with challenges vs farming HH and dwarf camp. I don't think I'm being arrogant (hey I did it again!) when I say most couldn't handle it. The best gear is not a 2nd age. A good reaver or weaver with brand is going to destroy 90% of freepside currently, 2nd age or not.

    And lastly,lol comparing farming NPCs for an Item drop with farming his own toons/friends toons is a bit of a weird move... Farming NPCs for their loot or for a Quest that needs u to kill X of X to complete,is the major timesink of many MMORPGs,its something as common as questing.. Farming rank in PvP is a different thing entirely.
    Or would you prefer only beeing able to do each raid/instance once? and no way to "farm" the top lvl gear? (perhaps get it all the first run? )

    You're right, farming brands has a far greater affect than farming rank, with which you can only get a 2nd age you could get from Durchest or brands which won't compare till r15 anyway. Now don't get me wrong, farming rank is scummy and makes you a worthless person, but you've convinced me farming brands is even worse. Thank you.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  6. #31

    Turbine? Sapience?

    Still waiting for a reply =P

    Feel free to pm it to me, you have my word that it will not be reposted.

    But if you are going to continue to thumb your noses at me by ignoring or refusing to acknowledge my post and query
    then perhaps i should look to another MMO to spend my $ on.

    It is very bad business to treat paying customers with such disregard.

    Powered by your fans? seriously?

    E
    Elicit
    Silverlode.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Maybe if both sides played completely fair but it's a pretty stupid and arrogant argument with the current system of farming. Playing completely fair on both sides with pveing on creeps only for maps and freeps to level I got 4 boxes on creeps (reaver and warg) and 3 on freeps (champ and mini). I got a sigil of battle on my warg which I used for flayer and nothing good on the freepside ones. Now, drop rate when played fairly is all conjecture and it is pretty arrogant to say you know anything about drop rate %s on either side. It's also the height of ridiculousness to say creeps aren't getting them at rates much more massively than freeps with farming.
    You didnt understand a single thing.. I said its easier to get them on freepside cause you can buy them there.
    That is a fact that you cant just deny cause you want to. Droprate is unknown to any of us and i never commented on it beeing better for any side. However since you can buy Keys and Boxes on freepside its easier to obtain them there.In the future they will most likely include Firstagers again,and well anyone can farm boxes for the top item for his side once again..


    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    A) different pieces of jewelery drop from different instances and gold jewelery only drops from t2 challenges and even there it is different depending on which instance you run. Skraids only have a few pieces of teal jewelery and a very low drop rate on symbols.
    B) The only people who can "farm" hard t2 instances are the ones with consistent groups who do it a lot, especially raids which BG is as ToO was before. Many of those people are not the same ones who Moors, especially because the farmed gear is not at all suitable for Moors in a lot of cases, like the ToO armor set.
    C) 2nd age LIs are basically the minimum needed to compete effectively in the Moors so while Durchest is easy farming for them is very, very different from farming for brands. Considering you will be able to get them from skirm camps eventually Turbine agrees with me.
    Turbine agrees with you cause they make getting a 2nd ager easier then getting a Brand... Ok,that is arrogant and silly
    In all this you are completely ignoring that getting a brand is LUCK nothing else. While you can effectively farm all the gear you would want,unless you are a braindead bad player ofc,but then a brand wont help you beat a good freep either

    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    D) Anyone can farm for the strongest brand in the game, from the lowliest r0 creep to r15. It takes zero skill, zero talent, zero knowledge. If you multi box it's even easier. You can probably even macro it. Bam, 5 minute CD brand which doesn't share Cds with anything else. I don't think I'm being arrogant (hey see what I did there?) to say that is absolutely moronic.
    And you can have bad luck and never ever get the Brand or even a box/key.. You sound like a mad biased Freep that is mad that creeps get 1 item a freep cant have,will ya look at all the items freeps have that creeps can only dream of? Im sure a BA wouldnt mind a 2nd age LI Bow with enhancing legacies for his Skills,some nice armor with broken setbonusses etc no one would mind either.. You are beeing arrogant if you complain about something like that in that form.



    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Ok please let's see creeps run a t2 BG on their freeps with challenges vs farming HH and dwarf camp. I don't think I'm being arrogant (hey I did it again!) when I say most couldn't handle it. The best gear is not a 2nd age. A good reaver or weaver with brand is going to destroy 90% of freepside currently, 2nd age or not.
    LOL,you sure are a biased Freep with closed eyes arent you... Alot of creeps play Freeps too,they do raids/instances and questing just like you,some even play Moors on both sides ^.^ .. That alone should show you how pathetic this statement is..




    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You're right, farming brands has a far greater affect than farming rank, with which you can only get a 2nd age you could get from Durchest or brands which won't compare till r15 anyway. Now don't get me wrong, farming rank is scummy and makes you a worthless person, but you've convinced me farming brands is even worse. Thank you.
    Farming rank gives you a 2nd ager? Again you show you are a biased freep with QQ about an item that you cannot get...
    Farming rank means you get everything any side has to offer in a short time with no challenge,creepside it means skills and traits etc,and the r15 brand if you go that far,freepside its the armor,2nd ager and the brand,if you leave cosmetic cloaks and stuff aside.

    Sure Freeps cant get this nice Item,neither can Creeps get many nice items Freeps have.. Sure the Brand in a 1v1 gives a nice advantage,but then again,Freeps have anti CC skills/setbonuses.. a LM gives stunimmunity,a captain can cure slows and make haste,a champ is immune to CC and has a 45s sprint.. i could go on with this,but the brand is probably turbines way of giving creeps the means to counter the CC of freepside,instead of giving us skills like antistun,and slow/fear etc curing skills/traits,who knows huh?


    @ Shimrod,well yeah sad isnt it Dont expect an answer tho,perhaps if you send the Question in a letter with a huge paycheck you have more luck.
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 09 2013 at 12:32 PM.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    You didnt understand a single thing.. I said its easier to get them on freepside cause you can buy them there.
    That is a fact that you cant just deny cause you want to. Droprate is unknown to any of us and i never commented on it beeing better for any side. However since you can buy Keys and Boxes on freepside its easier to obtain them there.In the future they will most likely include Firstagers again,and well anyone can farm boxes for the top item for his side once again..
    That wasn't your only point so don't try and regardless even the ability to buy fairly expensive boxes still doesn't give you nearly the same chance at getting one as farming does right now. In addition, it also doesn't answer the overarching point that farming is bad no matter who does it.


    Turbine agrees with you cause they make getting a 2nd ager easier then getting a Brand... Ok,that is arrogant and silly
    Brands on 5 minute CD that don't share CD with any other brands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd Ages. Not even close. Anyone with half a brain knows it.

    In all this you are completely ignoring that getting a brand is LUCK nothing else. While you can effectively farm all the gear you would want,unless you are a braindead bad player ofc,but then a brand wont help you beat a good freep either
    A brand will help someone beat someone else more skilled than them easily, especially if you play a weaver or reaver (or on freepside, mini/warden). CC is a major part of most fights and when you eliminate it through farming it makes the Moors a joke. It is good it has gotten reduced, but if they are going to basically allow the majority of creepside so much ability to reduce CC they need to change around freepside abilities then.


    And you can have bad luck and never ever get the Brand or even a box/key.. You sound like a mad biased Freep that is mad that creeps get 1 item a freep cant have,will ya look at all the items freeps have that creeps can only dream of? Im sure a BA wouldnt mind a 2nd age LI Bow with enhancing legacies for his Skills,some nice armor with broken setbonusses etc no one would mind either.. You are beeing arrogant if you complain about something like that in that form.
    Accusations of freep/creep bias towards the other side without even knowing the person or how they play is stupid and makes your argument a joke. The Moors is balanced around (or supposed to be) the fact that Freeps do get 2nd ages and jewelery. If BAs got 2nd ages and all the armor freeps got they would need less morale, etc. The fact you don't know this makes me despair for your intelligence. I won't accuse you of bias because I have no idea how you play, I'll just accuse you of complete blindness to the actual facts of development. When you play in beta, you use equipment like LIs to fight creeps and see how the balance is. You don't use brands and the game isn't balanced around them. When you give one side such an inordinate ability to resist CC, it does cause a big issue.


    LOL,you sure are a biased Freep with closed eyes arent you... Alot of creeps play Freeps too,they do raids/instances and questing just like you,some even play Moors on both sides ^.^ .. That alone should show you how pathetic this statement is..
    Blah, blah, blah, bias, don't have valid argument myself, must accuse of bias. I do raids with very good players who play creeps and freeps both. I know this completely. That still doesn't change the fact that you somehow tried to equate doing difficult instances with farming HH and dwarf camp where you can kill stuff with a few buttons pressed and it still doesn't change that the groups of creeps doing these (and the multi boxers) need absolutely zero skill or talent to get powerful items.


    Farming rank gives you a 2nd ager? Again you show you are a biased freep with QQ about an item that you cannot get...
    Farming rank means you get everything any side has to offer in a short time with no challenge,creepside it means skills and traits etc,and the r15 brand if you go that far,freepside its the armor,2nd ager and the brand,if you leave cosmetic cloaks and stuff aside.
    Commendations are easy to get and so is the armor. Anyone with a half a brain should be able to get it within the first 4 or 5 ranks. With the way 2nd ages are pretty easy to get now, r10 LI might be nice cosmetic wise but isn't impacting the game much and not particularly worth rank farming for. Sure creepside rank farming helps but a) it's much harder to do and b) anyone who is that dedicated to cheating can probably just p2w anyway.

    Farming for these brands is impacting the game a lot more than rank/commendation farming is. There's like zero ability to deny this. Your little whiny accusations of bias aren't going to help.

    Sure Freeps cant get this nice Item,neither can Creeps get many nice items Freeps have.. Sure the Brand in a 1v1 gives a nice advantage,but then again,Freeps have anti CC skills/setbonuses.. a LM gives stunimmunity,a captain can cure slows and make haste,a champ is immune to CC and has a 45s sprint.. i could go on with this,but the brand is probably turbines way of giving creeps the means to counter the CC of freepside,instead of giving us skills like antistun,and slow/fear etc curing skills/traits,who knows huh?
    Creeps have those abilities too (LM is the exception) and a lot more ability to CC. You point at the 45 second sprint of champs, well I'd like to see you fight a weaver without it.

    Reavers and weavers in particular are basically unbeatable with brands, as would I be on my mini if I used one. Warg packs all rolling around with brands also a ridiculous sight to see. We have a pack now where I think 4 or 5 of them have these brands, and their play style basically consists of zerging when they can and HIPsing/sprinting away with zero ability to stop it. The ability never to get a kill is stupid and makes the Moors a far worse place.

    The thing is, I have creeps, I'm pretty good at them. I could farm for brands and be like those you seem so avid to defend. But what I have isn't bias but honor and you seem to not understand that.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    That wasn't your only point so don't try and regardless even the ability to buy fairly expensive boxes still doesn't give you nearly the same chance at getting one as farming does right now. In addition, it also doesn't answer the overarching point that farming is bad no matter who does it.




    Brands on 5 minute CD that don't share CD with any other brands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd Ages. Not even close. Anyone with half a brain knows it.



    A brand will help someone beat someone else more skilled than them easily, especially if you play a weaver or reaver (or on freepside, mini/warden). CC is a major part of most fights and when you eliminate it through farming it makes the Moors a joke. It is good it has gotten reduced, but if they are going to basically allow the majority of creepside so much ability to reduce CC they need to change around freepside abilities then.




    Accusations of freep/creep bias towards the other side without even knowing the person or how they play is stupid and makes your argument a joke. The Moors is balanced around (or supposed to be) the fact that Freeps do get 2nd ages and jewelery. If BAs got 2nd ages and all the armor freeps got they would need less morale, etc. The fact you don't know this makes me despair for your intelligence. I won't accuse you of bias because I have no idea how you play, I'll just accuse you of complete blindness to the actual facts of development. When you play in beta, you use equipment like LIs to fight creeps and see how the balance is. You don't use brands and the game isn't balanced around them. When you give one side such an inordinate ability to resist CC, it does cause a big issue.




    Blah, blah, blah, bias, don't have valid argument myself, must accuse of bias. I do raids with very good players who play creeps and freeps both. I know this completely. That still doesn't change the fact that you somehow tried to equate doing difficult instances with farming HH and dwarf camp where you can kill stuff with a few buttons pressed and it still doesn't change that the groups of creeps doing these (and the multi boxers) need absolutely zero skill or talent to get powerful items.




    Commendations are easy to get and so is the armor. Anyone with a half a brain should be able to get it within the first 4 or 5 ranks. With the way 2nd ages are pretty easy to get now, r10 LI might be nice cosmetic wise but isn't impacting the game much and not particularly worth rank farming for. Sure creepside rank farming helps but a) it's much harder to do and b) anyone who is that dedicated to cheating can probably just p2w anyway.

    Farming for these brands is impacting the game a lot more than rank/commendation farming is. There's like zero ability to deny this. Your little whiny accusations of bias aren't going to help.



    Creeps have those abilities too (LM is the exception) and a lot more ability to CC. You point at the 45 second sprint of champs, well I'd like to see you fight a weaver without it.

    Reavers and weavers in particular are basically unbeatable with brands, as would I be on my mini if I used one. Warg packs all rolling around with brands also a ridiculous sight to see. We have a pack now where I think 4 or 5 of them have these brands, and their play style basically consists of zerging when they can and HIPsing/sprinting away with zero ability to stop it. The ability never to get a kill is stupid and makes the Moors a far worse place.

    The thing is, I have creeps, I'm pretty good at them. I could farm for brands and be like those you seem so avid to defend. But what I have isn't bias but honor and you seem to not understand that.
    I'm going to have to ask you to please calm down.

    Just accept the fact that brands don't help you and are hard to get. Also that Second age weapons are way better than brands. Oh and almost forgot that creeps don't have the advantage right now. it's just freeps need to learn to play. Did I miss anything?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I'm going to have to ask you to please calm down.

    Just accept the fact that brands don't help you and are hard to get. Also that Second age weapons are way better than brands. Oh and almost forgot that creeps don't have the advantage right now. it's just freeps need to learn to play. Did I miss anything?
    ^^^^^^ True Dat ^^^^^^

    and Turbine? Sapience?
    still waiting, waiting, waiting, all the time waiting, waiting, patiently waiting waiting waiting....................... ..
    Elicit
    Silverlode.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    That wasn't your only point so don't try and regardless even the ability to buy fairly expensive boxes still doesn't give you nearly the same chance at getting one as farming does right now. In addition, it also doesn't answer the overarching point that farming is bad no matter who does it.
    Sigh.. stubborn arent ya? FACT is both sides CAN farm,Freeps can additionally buy them easier then creeps,and on BOTH sides they have items the other side has no access to. (Do you hear me complain about you boosting each of your stat by +70? Or First Age Weapons all the time? Jeez,you are just whining cause you cant get a r15 Brand before r15 thats really all you do..)

    Farming,grinding,is as i said before a big component of many many MMORPGS,if you dont like that you should look for something else to play and not whine all day about it -.-



    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Brands on 5 minute CD that don't share CD with any other brands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd Ages. Not even close. Anyone with half a brain knows it.
    QQ more? You are really just mad u cant have a brand lol.. Well sorry,if you would have bought some from the Store before youd be having them + the freaking LIs that creeps will never have,and trust me,id trade a Brand for an LI that doubles my dmg and skill effectiveness any day. (FA`s will be in Boxes as soon as they come out,so please stop the god damn whining)


    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    A brand will help someone beat someone else more skilled than them easily, especially if you play a weaver or reaver (or on freepside, mini/warden). CC is a major part of most fights and when you eliminate it through farming it makes the Moors a joke. It is good it has gotten reduced, but if they are going to basically allow the majority of creepside so much ability to reduce CC they need to change around freepside abilities then.
    CC is a major part of most fights? Defilers,Reavers,Warleaders and Captains just facepalmed... CC is the most stupid thing in the Moors,always has been,CC makes you unable to fight,there is no skill needed if you can CC your enemy and get him down 50% of morale while in a CC`ed state.. That goes for Both sides.

    That is why where i come from Burgs never used all their CC in spars,neither did LMs,Wargs,Weavers,it wasnt a fun fight. That is why audacity,and diminishing returns have been invented to make CC less of a : ah well im dead and cant even fight back.




    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Accusations of freep/creep bias towards the other side without even knowing the person or how they play is stupid and makes your argument a joke. The Moors is balanced around (or supposed to be) the fact that Freeps do get 2nd ages and jewelery. If BAs got 2nd ages and all the armor freeps got they would need less morale, etc. The fact you don't know this makes me despair for your intelligence. I won't accuse you of bias because I have no idea how you play, I'll just accuse you of complete blindness to the actual facts of development. When you play in beta, you use equipment like LIs to fight creeps and see how the balance is. You don't use brands and the game isn't balanced around them. When you give one side such an inordinate ability to resist CC, it does cause a big issue.
    Problem is,you complain about an Item that until some Time ago was available to both sides(in store form even so no farming),i didnt hear you complain back then that freeps have brands blah blah blah... The game isnt balanced at all,the fact that you dont know this makes me despair of YOUR intelligence .
    You are blind if you complain about an item that gives an advantage to 1 side,but you forget all the advantages the other side has available. Beta has never been an indication of how balance would be live,cause you mostly fight r15 creeps,and mediocre geared freeps.l
    And as i said before,Freepside has powerfull anti CC skills,champs are immune to all CC if they chose to do so,thats a brand right there my friend,but oh well,i guess having a skill for free isnt better then having to farm a brand.. This,and this only is why i can call you biased,cause you forget all these things when complaining about anti CC of a Brand.


    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    That still doesn't change the fact that you somehow tried to equate doing difficult instances with farming HH and dwarf camp where you can kill stuff with a few buttons pressed and it still doesn't change that the groups of creeps doing these (and the multi boxers) need absolutely zero skill or talent to get powerful items.
    Yes ok.. instances are SO hard to do... w/e really ^.^ Id prefer doing instances on creep instead of repetitive farming for items i need,but that isnt something creeps chose,thats how the game is. All you do is complain that you have to do those ultra hard instances for gear and creeps CAN get a brand with farming,yet you realize that even after opening 100 Boxes and days of farming real life time you could still not have a box right? While,every not braindead half decent player with a decent kin will have some nice gear...



    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Farming for these brands is impacting the game a lot more than rank/commendation farming is. There's like zero ability to deny this. Your little whiny accusations of bias aren't going to help.
    Thats purely a numbers issue you smart one.. Think about it,a rankfarmer that does it to the end (r15),gets the brand or did you forget that


    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Creeps have those abilities too (LM is the exception) and a lot more ability to CC. You point at the 45 second sprint of champs, well I'd like to see you fight a weaver without it.
    Creeps have the same anti CC possibilities as Freeps? They have MORE CC? Dude,at this point you just have proven my point of Bias towards Freepside in your Case.. There is no way you play creeps and say they have more CC then Freeps...

    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Reavers and weavers in particular are basically unbeatable with brands, as would I be on my mini if I used one. Warg packs all rolling around with brands also a ridiculous sight to see. We have a pack now where I think 4 or 5 of them have these brands, and their play style basically consists of zerging when they can and HIPsing/sprinting away with zero ability to stop it. The ability never to get a kill is stupid and makes the Moors a far worse place.
    Now,i never said Brands arent stupid,but so is CC.. Chain CC`ing someone while you chunk away his Health is stupid too ya know,that is why all the anti CC and DR on it got implemented. The ability to not fight back or even move cause of endless CC is just as stupid as the ability to not get a Kill. maybe you as a freep dont know that feeling,cause well as i said,freepside has antistun and other nice anti CC skills on quite a few classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    The thing is, I have creeps, I'm pretty good at them. I could farm for brands and be like those you seem so avid to defend. But what I have isn't bias but honor and you seem to not understand that.
    I dont defend anyone,im just telling you that you are indeed a farmer if you do instances every day/repeatable quests for gear/items/reputation etc You just have the possibility to do it in a more diversity then a creep will ever have.

    And if you have Honor you should acknowledge the things Freeps have that Creeps dont have,and not whine about 1 item,that your champ has as a built in feature btw..
    There are loads of items/skills that are stupid,and only available to 1 side,yet you only seem to complain about the Brand and how easy (for you apparently) it is to get,while you forget that its pure luck if you ever will get one in the first place.
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 11 2013 at 08:00 AM.

  12. #37
    Here I'm just going to say this in capitol letters so maybe it sinks in:

    THE GAME IS BALANCED AROUND FREEPS HAVING LIS AND CREEPS NOT, IT IS NOT BALANCED AROUND BRANDS

    You seem to have comprehension issues around that fact. If both sides have the brands, even it's cheating store brands, that is balanced, if only one side has them it is not. To further aid your comprehension issues, anything freepside or creepside that creates imbalance should be eliminated or altered and unlike you, I have a history of criticizing imbalance on both sides.

    In addition, reducing CC is good and I support audacity for that reason. Eliminating it entirely is dumb, makes the game more one dimensional and if they are going to do so they need to rework class mechanics.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Here I'm just going to say this in capitol letters so maybe it sinks in:

    THE GAME IS BALANCED AROUND FREEPS HAVING LIS AND CREEPS NOT, IT IS NOT BALANCED AROUND BRANDS

    You seem to have comprehension issues around that fact. If both sides have the brands, even it's cheating store brands, that is balanced, if only one side has them it is not. To further aid your comprehension issues, anything freepside or creepside that creates imbalance should be eliminated or altered and unlike you, I have a history of criticizing imbalance on both sides.

    In addition, reducing CC is good and I support audacity for that reason. Eliminating it entirely is dumb, makes the game more one dimensional and if they are going to do so they need to rework class mechanics.

    You talk like every creep has this Brand... Also,it doesnt anything a champ cant do without Brand,funny that you seem to ignore such things entirely ^^ There are much bigger imbalances then a silly Brand,things that only 1 side has access to arent new in Lotro,it is quite hilarious of you to speak as if you were one of the developers and decide what the game is balanced around,what if i say :

    THE GAME IS BALANCED AROUND FREEPS HAVING LIS AND ANTI CC SKILLS/SETBONUSES AND CREEPS HAVING THIS BRAND FOR THAT..

    Ofc you would know better,you must work for Turbine...

    But i doubt that you arent favoring a side since you said creepside has more CC then freepside,and the same anti CC abilitys..
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 11 2013 at 03:54 PM.

  14. #39
    U guise r so bawlanced n ur vews.

    U wrk 4 FOX?
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    U guise r so bawlanced n ur vews.

    U wrk 4 FOX?
    No,duh.. for Turbine ofc!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    The devs are HIGHLY INTELLIGENT employees
    I didnt read any of this thread, but I saw this and LOLed. Are you sure you're talking about the right pvp devs ? They wouldnt know pvp if it smacked them in the dingaling.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload