We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Simple question for Turbine.

Are the games dev's happy/satisfied with the current state of play and balance in the Ettenmoors?
    Elicit
    Silverlode.

yes ...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034c84/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JanTATW View Post
    yes ...
    Are you claiming to be a Turbine employee? The question was directed at Turbine afterall.

Or are you just trying to troll and raise your meaningless post count?
    Elicit
    Silverlode.

You dont believe you get an answer from a Dev here do you?

I mean,they havent even answered the PvMP Questions they agreed to answer... And to jump into a Snake Pit like the Forums here by answering (no matter what the answer might be,they would get ripped apart for it)..

You will never get a real answer to such a Question,but even if by some miracle a blue comments here it will be a : We are always striving to make things more balanced/fun blah blah blah for everyone,and we carefully read feedback and suggestions...

And im not trolling,just been there before countless times

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post

I mean,they havent even answered the PvMP Questions they agreed to answer... And to jump into a Snake Pit like the Forums here by answering (no matter what the answer might be,they would get ripped apart for it)..

You will never get a real answer to such a Question,but even if by some miracle a blue comments here it will be a : We are always striving to make things more balanced/fun blah blah blah for everyone,and we carefully read feedback and suggestions...

this.......................... ......... is absolutly true.

This^

/10chars
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimrod View Post
    Are you claiming to be a Turbine employee? The question was directed at Turbine afterall.

Or are you just trying to troll and raise your meaningless post count?
    Someone's angry.

+1 post count.
    What is it? What do you smell?

The devs are highly intelligent employees answerable to shareholders and the cost -v- return of any work they undertake in a world where costs are currently the biggest issue for every company. Their dedicated and highly skilled workforce is working on a broad range of issues at the same time to take the game forward in a highly competative environment.

From the point of view of monster play they are aware the two biggest problems are
    1. lag and
    2. the broken healing system (not comms for heals) the sheer level of healing since audacity was introduced.

They are considering what action to take and the the blue named moderators are reading this thread knowing any comment they make is dynamite that may produce a promise they cannot deliver on, which the player base will hang them for, as they have every time they make a promise and don't deliver. Silence is the easiest option.

The answer to your question will be no. The creative department will want to improve the game and add more depth and enjoyment for the player base, the marketing department a better image to sell the game and improve the games player base and the business department will want to gain greater revenue from the game.

They will however draw some comfort from the placing of lotro in terms of the worlds mmo's and where it stands, this is a testament to the graphics design and enduring appeal of an alternative, to the comic book fantasy world of world of warcraft, based on tolkiens work. The forthcoming years with the release of the hobbit offer an opportunity for a new generation of tolkien obsessed people to engage with mmos like lotro, but the high cost of the last update smacked accessability.

I would imagine being in the boardroom of turbine right now with a warner brothers executive examining every aspect of what you do would you would see arguments, frustrations, mirth and accountability.

However a response? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Jan 05 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Are the games dev's happy/satisfied with the current state of play and balance in the Ettenmoors?
    Ba-Hahahahhahahahaahahahahahaahah
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000fb8d8/signature.png]Webstalker[/charsig]

Your prolly right

I too would be astonished if they did reply here.

However it wouldn't hurt them to answer via pm no matter how evasively and noncommittal. It would be better buisiness than to just completely ignore a customer.

A polite PM at least acknowledging the question and even pointing out that it is against the CoC to repost a pm onto a public forum should not be to much to expect from a company that we pay money to.

Assuming of course that said company has any respect at all for it's paying customers.
    Last edited by Shimrod; Jan 06 2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Elicit
    Silverlode.

PvMP players, mostly the Creep Faction, are purchasing skills from Rk1-15, pots, trackers, other nonsense, at an alarming rate. Balance or fairness is not a concern.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    PvMP players, mostly the Creep Faction, are purchasing skills from Rk1-15, pots, trackers, other nonsense, at an alarming rate. Balance or fairness is not a concern.
    It's not a matter of creeps buying them, it's more about the lootboxes giving them. I've opened like 10 boxes since RoR and gotten massive amounts of defense tomes, trackers, universal healing pots, attack tomes, greater sigils etc etc.

You can trade the greater sigils for skills and the tomes are not bound so we trade them to the creeps that get focused the most or who can make the most of them. Even the pots are not bound so we can give those to whoever will get the best use of those.

Freepside has the exact same availability, I have popped quite a few freepside boxes and gotten the same items in them only people take them for granted freepside because they don't have a brand or a first age symbol in them yet so "oh they are junk why bother opening them" attitude kicks in and causes this so called imbalance.

Freeps have the exact same tools at their disposal they just rather sell the boxes at the ah to people who want cosmetics unlike creeps who want the brands and end up with residual items that end up tipping the scales at no fault of their own.

Freepside also has the same drop rate on boxes so it's not even like creeps are getting more chances, freeps just need to smarten up and start thinking. My burglar has tons of perks from popping boxes and there is no excuse for any freep to not have them with gold being so easy to come by. Don't forget the auction house has a perks section where you can buy the specific perks you want for moors play that non pvpers wont use. No need to be a slave to the store.

Funny, besides skills, I would have said the exact same thing about Freeps. Never mind they don't even have to use TP or Comms for their tokens, scrolls, etc.

they make a lot of money from creeps side , so I suppose yes ...very happy .

if you are freeps , you just have to accept (or not) , there is nothing "legendary" or heroic on our side .

in the last two months I played only in raid or group and I lead in every day 24 full raid ( 4 healers,4 captains ,champs , LM range dps etc ....99% full AUD and high rank freeps ) , guess what happens ......95% of fraid vs craid is Wipe , we don't have any chance .

maybe some smart dev's can explain us how to fight 40 freeps against 70+ creeps most of them defilers&WL , spiders and reavers .

and yes I remember very well before ROR when every craid VS fraid fight (most was the same ppl ) have an 50% chances for both sides .
    Woromis RK rank 13 Battlemaster , Reaver Slayer & Stalker Slayer
    Champ 85 , LM 85 ,burg 65 , Hunter 65
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000010bf22/signature.png]Woromis[/charsig]

I love when one side tries to point fingers at the other, not realizing that their side does it too. Both sides are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Woromis View Post
    they make a lot of money from creeps side , so I suppose yes ...very happy .
    And they don't from freepside?

and yes I remember very well before ROR when every craid VS fraid fight (most was the same ppl ) have an 50% chances for both sides .
    Are you saying that ROI was more balanced than ROR....Idk about that, I sure haven't taken as many 9K+ crits...And 70+ creeps man? Come on. I will, however, agree that most times Creeps outnumber Freeps after ROR. I wonder how many of them are players that switched from Freepside once the god-mode was taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_ox1 View Post
    Funny, besides skills, I would have said the exact same thing about Freeps. Never mind they don't even have to use TP or Comms for their tokens, scrolls, etc.
    Thank you.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Yes, because the Freep faction doesn't need to purchase all their skills. They're Level gated, not Rank gated, and have them all before they enter the Moors at level cap.

I would actually submit that they are looking to the Warsteed accessories as the new cash cow, rather than Creep skills - which have been around for a while. Have you seen the prices for recoloring a mount?
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    It's not a matter of creeps buying them, it's more about the lootboxes giving them. I've opened like 10 boxes since RoR and gotten massive amounts of defense tomes, trackers, universal healing pots, attack tomes, greater sigils etc etc.

You can trade the greater sigils for skills and the tomes are not bound so we trade them to the creeps that get focused the most or who can make the most of them. Even the pots are not bound so we can give those to whoever will get the best use of those.

Freepside has the exact same availability, I have popped quite a few freepside boxes and gotten the same items in them only people take them for granted freepside because they don't have a brand or a first age symbol in them yet so "oh they are junk why bother opening them" attitude kicks in and causes this so called imbalance.

Freeps have the exact same tools at their disposal they just rather sell the boxes at the ah to people who want cosmetics unlike creeps who want the brands and end up with residual items that end up tipping the scales at no fault of their own.

Freepside also has the same drop rate on boxes so it's not even like creeps are getting more chances, freeps just need to smarten up and start thinking. My burglar has tons of perks from popping boxes and there is no excuse for any freep to not have them with gold being so easy to come by. Don't forget the auction house has a perks section where you can buy the specific perks you want for moors play that non pvpers wont use. No need to be a slave to the store.
    So because there are loot boxes for both sides... and you cant get the same stuff from the boxes... the buffs are obviously fair and balanced and should be availabe in the moors. The same buffs of which most can be bought with a credit card.

Creeps have their fair share of buffs from evade, run buff, etc pots that can bartered for with commendations and Freeps have their scrolls, chants, oils, hope tokens, etc. that they can make (requires pve or in-game gold). There is no need, nor place in the moors, for the other pay-to-win items like tome of defense, fall immunity, brands, etc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000d8ec/01003/signature.png]Mrkaco[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    Freepside also has the same drop rate on boxes so it's not even like creeps are getting more chances
    We don't know that. I've gotten 6 boxes on my creeps but just the one cap-level box on my freeps since boxes were introduced, and I've no doubt killed an order of magnitude many more mobs on my freeps with all the PvE. Could just have been unlucky freep side but I sure wouldn't make such a claim without strong evidence that it is so.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

P2Wers are weak.

However it wouldn't hurt them to answer via pm no matter how evasively and noncommittal. It would be better buisiness than to just completely ignore a customer.

Assuming of course that said company has any respect at all for it's paying customers.
    Then you should have tried to PM a Dev or Sapience
    Same result tho im quite sure about that...
    This company has answered your last sentence time and time again by its actions.. Atleast regarding PvMP customers,wich they only started caring for due to the cash shop making good money with PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKaCo View Post
    There is no need, nor place in the moors, for the other pay-to-win items like tome of defense, fall immunity, brands, etc.
    These are the items I'm talking about, they come from lootboxes as well. Our tribe has gotten more defense tomes than anything and we pass them to our healers for big nights, we don't buy these. Even trackers come from boxes now. These items are also on freepside, identical versions including the new pots, universal healing pots on the 20 seconds cooldown.

My minstrel is sitting on 30 fall immunity from boxes for example and my warleader has 10 defense tomes and 30 pots etc
    Last edited by SozuRogberry; Jan 08 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Equendil View Post
    We don't know that. I've gotten 6 boxes on my creeps but just the one cap-level box on my freeps since boxes were introduced, and I've no doubt killed an order of magnitude many more mobs on my freeps with all the PvE. Could just have been unlucky freep side but I sure wouldn't make such a claim without strong evidence that it is so.
    I can make this claim based purely on the last time I looked in the AH and saw 15 boxes going for 30-40g each. Creepside boxes aren't being sold so it's even easier to get them freepside. Until there are first age symbols in them, they will be taken for granted and sold cheap.

Freepside also has the same drop rate on boxes so it's not even like creeps are getting more chances, freeps just need to smarten up and start thinking.
    You mean become fail farmers? Because that's the state of creepside right now, farming dwarf camp and HH till everyone gets a brand and it's a fail way to play.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Equendil View Post
    Your example isnt any evidence either tho is it? I for one found 1 box creepside,and many more freepside so far(atleast before RoR),not to talk about keys wich my freepside got plenty for FREE,and as a creep you have to buy it with tp or get lucky and find some,we have no AH either to buy stuff from there,and since brand and skins are in boxes not many ppl sell them,also what for to sell them gold is worth nothing as a creep,and unless you trade it for a sigil there isnt much else you could need.. Imo its alot easier to obtain a box as freep then as a creep,same with keys,simply cause you can buy them much easier on freepside atm.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You mean become fail farmers? Because that's the state of creepside right now, farming dwarf camp and HH till everyone gets a brand and it's a fail way to play.
    This made me chuckle,all you do as a freep is "farm" Unless you are one of the lucky ppl that gets everything handed to them the first time they enter an instance etc. You do it slower,less efficient and not as boring as killing the same NPCs in a short time,but in the end doing the same skirmishes since last year is nothing but farming gear,marks,and whatever other stuff there is.. ^^
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 08 2013 at 02:58 PM.

All the stuff I said
    Took the words off my fingertips thanks + rep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast