We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks for doing this!

The only one I still have a question about is Prestadir - those who tell Halros to stay in the Shire seem him read out amongst the list of the fallen after the Battle of Pelennor Fields, but for those that don't (as you mention) don't see anything about his fate mentioned.

My assumption is that Prestadir dies in the Battle of Pelennor Fields regardless - but if so, it would be nice to have his name included in the roll call during the instance with the flaming pyre (not replacing Halros, but in addition to).
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Thanks for doing this!

The only one I still have a question about is Prestadir - those who tell Halros to stay in the Shire seem him read out amongst the list of the fallen after the Battle of Pelennor Fields, but for those that don't (as you mention) don't see anything about his fate mentioned.

My assumption is that Prestadir dies in the Battle of Pelennor Fields regardless - but if so, it would be nice to have his name included in the roll call during the instance with the flaming pyre (not replacing Halros, but in addition to).
    Yes, great to have the updated list, tyvm to the poster

What's so fascinating about that list is...

1- The sheer enormity of loss the rangers suffer at Tur Morva compared to other battles.
    2- That you can rank the loss of rangers from the most lost to the least: Tur Morva, Pelennor Fields, and the Black Gate in that order.
    3- That what makes Pelennor and the Black Gate stand-out is that its some of the more consequential / most well-known rangers perish in those moments in the story (particularly Golodir, Halbarad, and Calenglad, who led in Angmar, ND, and Evendim).
    4- That Candaith, powerful as his death was, was only the beginning.......
    5- Am I detecting a GoT fan behind the Grey Company's storylines? XD

It's very fascinating; what's so... joyous and yet tragic about that moment when you meet the GC out of Merethond is just... how, there's only an odd 20 of them left. I was thinking at first, "awwww. How warm and fuzzy. They all came out to toast!" And then it hit me: "All those others that were at Harndirion and all over Enedwaith and Dunland... and all Eriador before that! They're gone!!!"

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. That's what makes that scene so bittersweet its brilliant; pretty much the majority of Eriador's surviving quest-givers stand right in front of you in that scene, and I could not believe that... Its easier not to notice going from quest to quest in the Epic I guess.

Kudos to MoL for pulling that off so brilliantly! Not a single sentence was needed about the losses; just the visual of who was there versus who was not- and it worked

I do have 1 unfortunate prediction regarding Halros:

I think that Lotho Sackville-Baggins' words in the inn in Brockenborings are pretty ominous. I bet that if you chose "Halros Should Stay," that will mean that Sharkey's ruffians are going to take him out, so he'll ultimately be dead no matter what version we get (unless he manages to escape and hide somewhere; it would be rather unfair to kill him off if our choice killed-off Horn). I'm also worried about Saeradan (because things get - worse - not better in Bree-land before the Hobbits show up on their journey home). Amarion feels pretty ominous as well unless there's some grand surprise concerning him.

That's honestly the plot detail that doesn't make sense about Schrodinger's rangers going between Forochel and Evendim and Minas Tirith for the Wedding. MoL, you will need some plausible reasons now for why these particular two fellows did not find out about Sharkey's doings in the Shire or warn Gandalf and the Hobbits about him, as the Shire is in the path between Forochel / Evendim and MT, and as even if they by-passed into Bree-land, there were troubles there also. It's also not entirely clear as to whether Lothrandir and Techeron confirm that Saeradan is all well and good and able to be "dropped-in" on by Radanir and the others, or why they would not have sought news of Saeradan on the way

I can't help it- LOL I love these stories so much, I can't help but nitpick
    Last edited by Phantion; Jul 07 2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

So much great work, spanning over a decade. Truly epic.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4