We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LoTRO Forum Titles

Is there a list anywhere of the various possible Forum titles and how to get them. Some seem to be time or activity based. Others are pretty funny- "/reported". I've also seen "Poster of Note" among others. I can't figure out how you get them though. Anyone know?

For the most part they are custom titles that were given out by staff members (mostly years ago). They were awarded to those that distinguished themselves in some way through a positive contribution to the LOTRO community.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

The others are based on the amount of posts you have

Noooooo so the defender of the hornburg titles you both have i cannot get? How aboput council meber 2013 or hero of the small folk 2013? I am denied them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vealderin View Post
    Noooooo so the defender of the hornburg titles you both have i cannot get? How aboput council meber 2013 or hero of the small folk 2013? I am denied them?
    This list maybe inaccurate, it's based on observation and hearsay. It would be good to have a complete list from those who know.

______________________________ ______________________________ ___________________
    #for Beta testing
    Defender of Hornburg is HD
    Rohirrim Scout is for beta testing Riders of Isengard
    There's a Moria beta one too-Counter of Stairs maybe? The vets could complete the list.

so no chance of those.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________
    #Some titles were awarded based on post counts.
    Yula_the_Mighty has a unique one -Post Master.
    no one else will ever get that I suspect.
    ______________________________ __________
    #There are randomly awarded ones for specific forum activity that helps other players
    for example, Frickinmuck just got transcriber of words for transcribing the Hobbits to Isengard Q&As
    Fredelas got one for creating the Guide to Rebuilding Hytbold and the Guide to Hytbold Armour.

You could try being superduper helpful and may get one of those
    ______________________________ _____
    #Then there are in game competition titles
    Hero of the Small folk
    Fashionista is cosmetics competition i think,
    (but it maybe a reward one)

These you have a shot at
    ______________________________ ______
    Player Council applications are open at the moment I think.

If you applied and got chosen then you could get that one.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________

Otherwise you can only PM the titleholder to find out.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

There is also Weatherstop Wayfarer for those who (I believe) attended Weatherstock, and a similar title for those who hosted Weatherstock.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Interesting, because I've beta tested and didn't get a title. Is this something we have to select somewhere?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Interesting, because I've beta tested and didn't get a title. Is this something we have to select somewhere?
    Edit profile, then click 'permission groups.' That will show you any extra titles that you have. Hope this helps!
    105Grd 105Min 101Ch 100RK 100Cpt 105Hunt 102Wdn 105Burg 58LM ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    40Grd 35Min 35Ch 40RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    There is also Weatherstop Wayfarer for those who (I believe) attended Weatherstock, and a similar title for those who hosted Weatherstock.
    There is also a third Weatherstock title we created for bands that participated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbornal View Post
    Edit profile, then click 'permission groups.' That will show you any extra titles that you have. Hope this helps!
    If you were in a beta, follow Arbornal's instructions. Assuming you are on the same account that participated in beta you should see options for titles. Same with Extra Life 2013 donors and Players Council members. You can choose which to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Elazaer View Post
    The others are based on the amount of posts you have
    I think they took that one away? I show up as "member", despite > 3k posts, used to be something else...

Thanks for the info. I'd never checked that.

One of my favorite unique forum titles given to someone is 'Princess P', mainly because of how it came about.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I think they took that one away? I show up as "member", despite > 3k posts, used to be something else...
    "Postor from Mordorrr"

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    There is also a third Weatherstock title we created for bands that participated.

If you were in a beta, follow Arbornal's instructions. Assuming you are on the same account that participated in beta you should see options for titles. Same with Extra Life 2013 donors and Players Council members. You can choose which to use.
    Thank you! I'd been wondering for awhile but just now read this thread. I very much appreciate the help.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Have long wondered how fórum titles work, thank you.

Hanon le.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Thanks, I too was wondering how to do it. ^^
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Here are the one's I know of:

Hero Of the Small Folk 2013 - Extra Life Supporters 2013
    Counter of Stairs - Beta - Mines of Moria
    Poster of Note - Beta - Mirkwood
    Rohirrim Scout - Beta - Rohan
    Defender of the Hornburg - Beta - Helm's Deep
    Well Met - Meet Sapience at a player meet up.
    The Sociable - Given away as an incentive for Extra Life 2012 & 2013, but there may be other ways to get it
    The Wise - Given away as an incentive for Extra Life 2012 but I've also seen it given away on twitter for trivia events

There may be others, but I'm pretty sure the titles for post amounts went away as part of the forum upgrades. Too bad...

lol I just realized I misspelled the Weatherstock Wayfarer title above. xD Where were my fingers that day?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

VIPs who paid for at least 1 year could get something like "Impatient Hero". This would fit for those who instead of deeding for TP chose to pay some money

Also it sounds good.

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    I do deeds. Just about all of'em. Being a VIP to me is not a matter of what to exclude, not do, in game, but rather on what to include, meaning everything. That title would be sooo wrong on me, took me about 18 months to level my first character to 100.