We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Yule-Festival 2012-2013

Hi guys,

In a post I read Sapience told us that the Yule-festival was extended with 2 days which means that Thursday is the last day of the Yule-festival.
    I just came back from a Lotro break and I need 1 extra day (friday) to get my deeds done.
    Though, the Lotro calender tells me the Last day of the Yule-Festival is Friday which means it was extended with 3 days.

Lotro Calender: http://forums.lotro.com/calendar.php...&year=2013&c=1

I still dont know which day it will end, if Thursday is the last day i may consider buying enough Festival tickets to get my deeds done but if Friday is the last day it wont be necessary.

When will this festival be really over?

And if Thursday really is the last day of the festival, would 700-900TP be a waste just to get the frame, warsteed gear and the horned cloak?

The last day is always problematic. The event ends at a specific server time - eastern standard time. I live in the eastern time zone - events end and start on that appropriate data at the specified time. Depending on where you live you get completely hosed up.

For example, the original end date is January 1, 2012. If the end time is zero hundred hours, I will not get any use out of the first. Same thing if the end time is 3 am or even 8 am. I do not remember what time during the day these events end. After all the complaints they might be using midnight on January 1, 2013 which would mean it would be up on January 2, 2013 for people in Europe. You have to consider when the quest reset. I think they reset at 3 am eastern.

Perhaps someone that has kept better track of the "exactly" can help you out. Due to Turbine's issues with time, I never plan to get anything done for the festivals on first or last day.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Unhappy

uff... I started doing the quests just a few days ago
    knowing that the festival would end on Tuesday, I dropped the deeds... now it's too late to complete them without resorting to the store

In hopes

I wish it could be till the end of the week. I had pneumonia since two days before Christmas and missed out on a lot of Frostbluff time. Im at 83 / 120 for my Holiday Frame.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000145ce9/signature.png]Feardiss[/charsig]
    ~ Hugs For Everyone ~

Quote Originally Posted by MorganAdams112 View Post
    I wish it could be till the end of the week. I had pneumonia since two days before Christmas and missed out on a lot of Frostbluff time. Im at 83 / 120 for my Holiday Frame.
    I quit doing this year's Yule Fest 1 day early, as I knew I couldn't finish it in time. I got 9 toons halfway done, and I'm hoping to finish it next year. I'm not about to start grinding on it more this year, knowing it can't be finished. I just hope they offer ALL the rewards from this year next year as well!

Yeah why not let it go through the weekend like a few other mmos are doing? I'm going to be cut short by 34 mins and I won't be playing this at that point. I thought the time was a bit longer. I just got back from vacation to see it end. I'm not waiting a full year, to finish something that cutting it this close. It's really disappointing.

at least remove the timers on this last part so people who support the game can get things too.
    Last edited by Jessicka; Jan 04 2013 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyyder976976 View Post
    I quit doing this year's Yule Fest 1 day early, as I knew I couldn't finish it in time. I got 9 toons halfway done, and I'm hoping to finish it next year. I'm not about to start grinding on it more this year, knowing it can't be finished. I just hope they offer ALL the rewards from this year next year as well!
    I think next year we'll have new deeds for new rewards, and the old ones sold for just tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Brunzio View Post
    I think next year we'll have new deeds for new rewards, and the old ones sold for just tokens
    I hope not. I would not be a happy camper.