We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Laptop UI

Post Laptop UI

Hey folks of Middle Earth!

I play LOTRO on a nice HP laptop with a 15" screen, it runs great on the laptop, the only problem is the screen size, I feel it's too cluttered, my main character is a burg so I like to have my quick-slots nice an large so I can flick from one skill to the next without accidentally missing or completely pressing the wrong skill, such as pressing the Human Train skill that gives you 2-4k morale boost... We've all been there, and then you need it.
    My fellowship/raid panels are about as small as I can get them, not being a healer I can sort of get away with not keeping an eye on everyone's morale, but I also have a high level LM on his way up to 85...

Even with most things on a small setting, it still looks too cluttered, most of the bottom half of my screen is taken up by a block of skills and the UI/XP bar & chat window (set on almost fully transparent), so even at best I don't have a nice large view of things.

Is there any sort of Plug-in that helps with these problems?

Any Advice is more than welcome!

Thank you all very much!

S.

P.S. I will post screenshots when I can.
    [center][color=teal][b][u]LAURELIN
    Master Guardsman Seraile-100 Burglar | Flandar-89 Lore-Master | Falethir-50 Guardian[/u][/b][/color][/center]

I feel your pain: I play on a 10" netbook. :P

The best thing I've found is the Durin's Folk Revisited Mini Black ui skin from lotrointerface. It's worked well for me in cleaning up my screen a bit. Other than that, there's not a lot you can do. I've done things like make the radar smaller, as well as my vitals, quickslots and just about everything else.

One thought might be to go into your quickslot settings and make 4 and 5 docked, and keymap them to a specific set of keys. Like for me, to show quickslot four, I press ctrl-shift. That's where I have skills like traveling skills or food or stances - stuff I don't usually need in combat. They disappear when those keys aren't pressed, so it clears up the screen a bit when I need it to be.

Best of luck!
    lvl 105 Guardian | 93 Mini | 63 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV

Smile

Thats great, thanks for the advice! I'll get on and do it right now!
    [center][color=teal][b][u]LAURELIN
    Master Guardsman Seraile-100 Burglar | Flandar-89 Lore-Master | Falethir-50 Guardian[/u][/b][/color][/center]