We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 10 6-man and raids matters pre-discussion

We should hear some pre-beta thoughts of players (and hopefully devs) on some things.

I know the new 6-man and raids are probably already designed and being polished but some things like difficulty, rewards, little mechanics are certainly well-subjected to change.

First, the 6-man:
    - it should not be as faceroll on t2c as Foundry or the final Roots version but still farm-friendly for a group of people that all
    know it
    - since we have BG and new 3-mans for a lot of marks this one (as well as raids) should give medals/seals appropriate to its lenght and the costs of the raid armour sets

New raids.
    This is what will define this year and it is your chance to let raiders know they are important to you. To do this you must fulfill the following criteria:

DIFFICULTY
    - t2c should keep the best raiding kins busy for at least 2-3 months
    - you need to put some effort into mechanics, make a balance between a dps race zerg and mechanics surivability fight

REWARDS
    - so you hinted us the raid armour sets will again be bartered for seals if you have certain deeds, make it so then, i like it more than coin system, i guess 2 of the pieces will be bound to one of the 3 raids.
    - what would give some incentive and also make raiders happy would be armour sets obtainable only if having t2 or t2c deeds
    - do not make Tarnished Elder kings too easy to get, something like Orthanc system would be good
    - good teal jewellery drops (please, no jackers and shoulders...) and also higher chances to get epics that are now available in 3mans and maybe another epic item (epic-value Snowbourn ring clasp too?)
    - good chances of getting those bracelet recipes
    - as always, nice steed, titles and yards but maybe something else this time? suprise us!

FUN
    - tho this is the less important section but it must be fun too
    - make epic bosses telling an enjoyable story
    - make surroundings look nice (tho dont do this by having 28 types of lightning, fire or whatever all sparking and blazing at the same time please), put more imagination

Also, in my opinion, it would be good that the lootboxes do not drop Tarnished Elder kings. That would make people who want them farm instead of going to raid.
    If you want to better lootbox loot make them drop a bit more stat tomes, good relics, crystals, bracelet recipes, scrolls of empowerment or whatever, but not Elder Kings.

Tell us your ideas, opinions, expectations here and maybe devs listen to some that are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    DIFFICULTY
    - t2c should keep the best raiding kins busy for at least 2-3 months
    - you need to put some effort into mechanics, make a balance between a dps race zerg and mechanics surivability fight.
    I completely agree that there needs to be an effective difficulty level where the strat has to be figured out before the fight can be won. Problem is that once the strat is known then it is almost impossible to make it last any longer. Once a strat is known the fight is pretty basic for people to stay within defined roles and achieving goals necessary for downing the boss.

REWARDS
    - so you hinted us the raid armour sets will again be bartered for seals if you have certain deeds, make it so then, i like it more than coin system, i guess 2 of the pieces will be bound to one of the 3 raids.
    - what would give some incentive and also make raiders happy would be armour sets obtainable only if having t2 or t2c deeds
    - do not make Tarnished Elder kings too easy to get, something like Orthanc system would be good
    - good teal jewellery drops (please, no jackers and shoulders...) and also higher chances to get epics that are now available in 3mans and maybe another epic item (epic-value Snowbourn ring clasp too?)
    - good chances of getting those bracelet recipes
    - as always, nice steed, titles and yards but maybe something else this time? suprise us!
    1) Gear from raiding should always have a good chunk of the "best gear" in the game. With the raid armour, first ages, and a few jewelery pieces for each class throughout the raid then they will have it covered.
    2) I personally liked the SOA formula where I needed a piece of armour or jewelry from a number of different places. It made the farming for those pieces more bearable as I had options when looking for upgrades.
    3) I am truly dissapointed with the lack of end game quality gear from the moors at this point - I used to at least have a few pieces from there that were worth having if not necessary - the axe right now for my champ is in good shape though. Maybe add some epic quality loot to the moors as well for the higher ranks that are gated by rank and class. I have no problem allowing rank 10 and above freeps have "end game" quality gear as they put the time in to deserve that reward.

FUN
    - tho this is the less important section but it must be fun too
    - make epic bosses telling an enjoyable story
    - make surroundings look nice (tho dont do this by having 28 types of lightning, fire or whatever all sparking and blazing at the same time please), put more imagination.
    That is always a given and this game has plenty of cool lore to pull from to put the player in the position of thinking this is really cool. The balrog is still by far the most impressive boss I have found in this game. It was an achievement to get there and even then it was more difficult to kill him. It also was one of those iconic symbols in middle earth that made you love the fight.

We should hear some pre-beta thoughts of players (and hopefully devs) on some things.

Also, in my opinion, it would be good that the lootboxes do not drop Tarnished Elder kings. That would make people who want them farm instead of going to raid.
    If you want to better lootbox loot make them drop a bit more stat tomes, good relics, crystals, bracelet recipes, scrolls of empowerment or whatever, but not Elder Kings.

Tell us your ideas, opinions, expectations here and maybe devs listen to some that are good.

I think you make some pretty good points except this one. Tarnished symbols are rare...even for good raiding kins if you clear a wing/raid once a week...1 person gets a symbol so could take many weeks to equip your main raiders with a first age. Now imagine the player who does not have access to a raiding kin or a regular raid spot. Should they be prohibited from receiving a first age or have to pay an exorbitant fee once the raiding kins are equipped and on farm? Items related to armour, jewels - items specific to each raid.....ok as these are bound and cannot be sold. Unbound sellable items should not be limited to content that only a small number will consistantly have access to. It is a rare chance that a loot box will even drop a symbol.
    Last edited by Lost0711; Jan 23 2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0711 View Post
    I think you make some pretty good points except this one. Tarnished symbols are rare...even for good raiding kins if you clear a wing/raid once a week...1 person gets a symbol so could take many weeks to equip your main raiders with a first age. Now imagine the player who does not have access to a raiding kin or a regular raid spot. Should they be prohibited from receiving a first age or have to pay an exorbitant fee once the raiding kins are equipped and on farm? Items related to armour, jewels - items specific to each raid.....ok as these are bound and cannot be sold. Unbound sellable items should not be limited to content that only a small number will consistantly have access to. It is a rare chance that a loot box will even drop a symbol.
    ... and I hope the lootbox will never drop a symbol again. Just my naive hopes of course.
    Why do the people who never raid need a FA LI anyways i asks?
    Might aswell sell all symbols on lotro store and end the raiding once and for all!?

The new raids most likely will not have any locks. Definitely no more wings. Also all teal loot will be BoE.

As long as the T2C is a well thought challenging difficulty I'll be happy. Oh and no 1st age symbols from loot boxes would be nice, they should be something you earn not stumble upon in some random box.