We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Expectations of the new class items

With the new raids coming in February there will also come new class items, just like the ones we got from update 9. And all the class based stats on the gold class items belong to a trait-line and are based on 30-35% of the most important legacies of that trait line. There will come new class items with the new raids. These will be based on the trait-line wich hasn't got an item yet. So i made a prediction for you of the class based stats that will come on the new class items:

- Minstrel: +3 anthem duration
    - Champion: +3% area of effect skill damage
    - Hunter: -? Distracting Shot cooldown
    - Rune-Keeper: +5% Fury of Stom damage/+10% Fury of Storm critical multiplier
    - Guardian: +1/2 challenge targets
    - Captain: +5% Blade of Elendil skill damage
    - Lore-Master: +10 Signs of Power duration
    - Burglar: +3 trick range
    - Warden:

It is not finsihed yet, because i couldn't find the last legacies. And remember it is a prediction.
    Last edited by superdavid72; Dec 30 2012 at 05:46 AM.

-2 minutes defiant challenge cooldown.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    -2 minutes defiant challenge cooldown.
    Well that would be very nice, but i don't think they will do that. Because the set bonuses from the update 9 class items are based on the blue/red trait line. So the new stat should be based on the yellow trait-line wich is range-dps and defiant challenge hasn't muh to with range dps.

Burglar: -5s Addle Cooldown o.0

5% Blade of Elendil damage would be very meh but i think it is going to be something similar...

Best idea i have is +x seconds cutting attack slow duration (Moors cappy perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by superdavid72 View Post
    Well that would be very nice, but i don't think they will do that. Because the set bonuses from the update 9 class items are based on the blue/red trait line. So the new stat should be based on the yellow trait-line wich is range-dps and defiant challenge hasn't muh to with range dps.
    And I think they wouldn't do it since it would mean wardens could keep DC up 100% of the time and solo t2 raids.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sulek View Post
    I don't know much about a burglar, but what you are saying could be right, only it would be -3 Addle cooldown. I was looking at the legacies for burglars and other things i saw where:

- Tricks duration
    - Addle Induction Multiplier
    - Tricks Range
    - Riddle Range

I would like to know what you think about it, as i don't have a burglar.

Make sure that these items make losing a set bonus or 800 crit worthwhile.

I foresee set bonuses for jewelry and some players will be having to choose between a really rare class skill specific item and a bunch of stats. I'm quite frustrated that the stats on my LM boots aren't better than any of the teals offered to me (less vit than BG, same icpr/mastery as hytbold.) Gold items should be better than teals, and teals better than purples.

The sword is fine, but I didn't get the sword which would have increased my cirt while providing utility.

A remedy I suggest would be to add sets bonuses for legendary items themselves. I'd like to see a Horse-lords set, a Malledhrim set, and an Exemplary set.

Also changing the LM boots to a fire damage bonus (in line with other classes) or doubling it (in line with Mini) would make it much more worthwhile. Also if they are keeping themes for the sets, you should have set bonuses be to outgoing healing for healer items, crit defense for tanking items, crit rating for offensive ones, or even just stats.
    Retainer of Silverlode's inactive kinship Honor and Glory
    Member of Lords of Brotherhood
    Thurenion [85 LM] - Bandobro Bullroller [85 WDN] - Ryk [85 CPT] - Aefrith [61 BRG]
    Guilded Eastemnet Master of all crafting professions.

Well, the Guardian bonus can't possibly be any worse than the 2 existing, so pretty much anything would be good at this point.

So i made a prediction for you of the class based stats that will come on the new class items:

I would be elated. +Xs Anthem Duration would be highly desired by Minstrels.
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulek View Post
    Please no. Don't feed Turbine's tendency to remove useful things from the game only to add them as gear bonuses later, which only put a bandaid on the problem until the gear is outdated (see: pen shot focus cost on Faron gear for hunters).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Well, if they want to boost our ranged capabilities, i'd like to see an item that removes the minimun range req.
    Or a Boars Rush daze duration increase (or letting it open a CJ on daze)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Well, there's certainly going to be some goodies which will come out of u10 for all of you. While there's absolutely no guarantees whatsoever that was anyone in this thread suggests may or may not be used, I'm certainly open to suggestions at this point in time.

Rock, if you're going to continue adding awesome stuff in the game, I would really like to see a legendary helm for champions that gives a +15% chance to proc 25 seconds of +25% devastate magnitude. (Or an updated level 85 set of the old Moors Threkkappi armour).

You know you wanna...
    Last edited by rabidjawa; Jan 04 2013 at 08:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000548d8/01007/signature.png]Vinthras[/charsig]

Personally I hope this is not going to be a standard stat for Minstrels. I could care less about anthem duration. There is already a legacy for that anyway. I use Coda of Fury often so Anthem duration does nothing for my dps Minstrel.

What I would like to see are separate class items for each role the Minstrel can choose.. dps or healing. Since my Minstrel never heals, I have no recomendations.. however, for the dps Minstrel, I would love to see more critical, finesse, fate, vitality and dps bonus for cries/calls, cooldowns and additional dps legacies for book and weapon.. especially book since it basically has none. There is not even a legacy for cry of valour, which is a nice for dps and also a range skill to remove corruption. Would also be nice to see our song of dead, forget the new name sorry.. to be applied to all mobs, not only the dead. It's a great cc skill. Piercing Cry has 3 skills in one.. it interupts, it stuns and does damage. But sometimes I wish these were 3 separate skills instead of all being balled up into one because when using for damage, there is a cool down when you need it to interupt or to stun, etc.. the same with cry of valour.. would be nice to see it two different skills, one to remove corruption at range, the other as a range dps... also the one melee skill that Minstrels have is very little damage even when traiting for double damage. That just makes no sense at all. One would think that with such a nice sword it would do more damage and maybe a legacy to go with it. Thanks.

PS I know this is offtopic but it would be awesome if warspeach was a trait, part of the skald traitline. :-)

Something really usefull for guardians... the ones we get are trash. :|
    [B][center]Irvaard of Snowbourn - Dwarf Guardian[/center][/B]
    [I][center]Original challenger of Kebab[/center][/I]

I'd also be open to a +Critical Magnitude or +Bleed Damage item for the captain.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Can we get some Might with tact mastery stuff for capts. I am tired of using LLG jewelry -_-
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

- Hunter: -? Distracting Shot cooldown
    That'd be astoundingly useless -- increasing distracting shot DURATION would be a nice addition, but more cd reductions would be pointless
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Seeing as Rune-Keepers have got a fire cloak? and a healing pocket item, why not give us a lightning earring?

Bangle of the Thunder Storm
    92 Vit
    152 Will
    768 Critical Rating
    +5% proc chance for Harsh Debate and Thunderous Words

Values are guestimates from what I've seen/remember from the pocket item.
    A small cog in a big machine.

Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    Well, there's certainly going to be some goodies which will come out of u10 for all of you. While there's absolutely no guarantees whatsoever that was anyone in this thread suggests may or may not be used, I'm certainly open to suggestions at this point in time.
    Will you ever scale agility earring "Loop of the Dunleding Archer" ? http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:...lending_Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-EU View Post
    Seeing as Rune-Keepers have got a fire cloak? and a healing pocket item, why not give us a lightning earring?

Bangle of the Thunder Storm
    92 Vit
    152 Will
    768 Critical Rating
    +5% proc chance for Harsh Debate and Thunderous Words

Values are guestimates from what I've seen/remember from the pocket item.
    I saw one for the Minstrel with similar stats except it had 9% damage to Piercing Cry .. I want it!!! :-) *big smiles*

Quote Originally Posted by Arlecchino79 View Post
    Something really usefull for guardians... the ones we get are trash. :|
    Actually I'd prefer the bonuses on the class items be not particularly useful. My reason being that I don't want to have to grind the instances to make sure I have an optimal build, especially as the drop rate is very low on these items from my experience so far.

Rock: Ever considered adding these legendary-quality items to skirmish vendors for an obscene amount of marks, medallions, seals? Also, for my own interest, how easy is much time does it take to add the legendary-quality items to the game? I assume because they have additional bonuses over stats it involves a fair bit more work. Likewise, does it take significantly more time to implement stuff with clickies and set bonuses?
    Last edited by Bhoris_they_spider; Jan 05 2013 at 08:20 AM.

I'd like to see a ring similar to the Guardian Ring:

+152 Might
    +54 Vitality (maybe replace that for Finesse?)
    +388 Critical Rating
    +388 Physical Mastery

and then a bonus along the lines of +3% Dev Chance (probably too good to ask for, but hey, Burgs get +20% Dev Chance from a PvP set), +3% AoE dmg or a skill based bonus like +3% Wild Attack dmg (please don't make this Remorseless or Brutal, as this would prefer either 2H or DW playstyle over the other; Wild Attack is a safe bet, as this is used in both playstyle rotations); another idea would be +5% Auto Attack Damage (or maybe make it +10%, so we get back the +20% Auto Attack Bonus from the OD set if we stack two rings?). Please don't add another silly tankish item that's not even better than the crafted alternative.

I'd like to see a ring (as other classes already have bling to wear the exact same piece two times) and then an offhand weapon (Hunters get a offhand weapon; it's only fair for Champs and Burgs to get offhand weapons, too). Maybe put AoE dmg (or skill based dmg, Auto Attak dmg, or whatever) on the rings and then dev chance on the sword (that way dev chance cannot be stacked, so the bonus wouldn't be OP).

Please also hold off from making bracers as we will also have the golden horse-lord bracers.

I also expect each and every class that didn't' get boots in U9 to get boots in U10 and I expect those to be catered around their main role, as otherwise all the boot classes from U9 would somehow be screwed (as we cannot go for a 3/3 hytbold setup or 4 Hytbold / 2 Horse-Lord anymore).
    Last edited by Vodomir; Jan 05 2013 at 08:46 AM.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

I just really want some more raw power gear.

I'd like a hunter pocket that looks like this:

-800 power
    -parry or something
    Megabob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast