We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WulfgarsFather View Post
    My idea of fun on the burg was just as described earlier, come out of stealth and get hits in (maybe kb) on as many zerg babies as possible and escape. Escaping was the most fun part. Only time I had to worry was if 2 or more Uruks were coordinating tracking talisman usage.

I just don't have fun on it anymore. "Talismans", everybody can track, no range, stealth cooldowns bull$&&&&, DR, rediculous stacking DoT's while escaping.... I had a little bit of fun playing gambler for a while, but then I thought, face on long melee is so much better on a champ. Meh. The stealth game freepside lost it's luster.
    I absolutely agree, that's the strength of the class, same with Wargs. Everyone should always play to their strengths. What really hurt Burgs was when Creeps got the movement buff. IIRC, traited for speed in stealth, with a speed legacy on my bag, and a DP speed buff, I was either at 100% speed or 105% in stealth. Again, IIRC, slower than a Creep out of combat, with the exception of spiders because they run even faster.
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jan 03 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

What really hurts wargs these days is if I get positional on them, they can't get positional on me...

My movement is superior!
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    What really hurts wargs these days is if I get positional on them, they can't get positional on me...
    So what you are really saying is you like it doggie style!

Oh, Ace all the cool kids use 2h swords.
    Gungus - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Hush, everyone knows that Cappys are the new OP FOTM
    Wish this could actually happen, just once, even for a day.
    Gungus - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gungus_coyote View Post
    You must not remember the day that Captain's Kick was bugged. 100% FM starter was pretty hilarious.
    [center]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000034e97/01006/signature.png]Spiriel[/charsig]
    [i]Auta i lómë![/i]
    [/center]

bored, so i suppose i'll post on this again, and even stay on topic!

1: Burg/warden
    2: LM/Cappy/defiler
    3: weaver/WL/champ/mini
    4:reaver/stalker/BA
    5:hunters suck

my opinions lol

oh, and yea, whether im good or not...dont care
    escaping a zerg...dont care
    i will go after w/e creep i see, if theres a big group i'll go in on the easiest kill and try to kill one b4 the other 8 kill me...thats what i find fun, not killing and running away. the most fun is to jump into a group of 8+ or a zerg of creeps, and get as many kills as possible, with or without CDs, and just look at combat analysis laughing that 1v8+ my DPS is still 3x my TPS
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b2a2c/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh, Ace all the cool kids use 2h swords.
    I'm taking my Halbred back to Old School SoA days when Halbreds were cool.

Oh did I say if I get positional? I really meant I have positional non-stop. I love W-S-A-D using wargs (and burgs)

My movement is superior!
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by Mylittlemurder View Post
    bored, so i suppose i'll post on this again, and even stay on topic!

1: Burg/warden
    2: LM/Cappy/defiler
    3: weaver/WL/champ/mini
    4:reaver/stalker/BA
    5:hunters suck

my opinions lol

oh, and yea, whether im good or not...dont care
    escaping a zerg...dont care
    i will go after w/e creep i see, if theres a big group i'll go in on the easiest kill and try to kill one b4 the other 8 kill me...thats what i find fun, not killing and running away. the most fun is to jump into a group of 8+ or a zerg of creeps, and get as many kills as possible, with or without CDs, and just look at combat analysis laughing that 1v8+ my DPS is still 3x my TPS
    Hey, thats the way a Burg is played, get in, kill anyone with a thousand hit points left, then get out before you have to do any real fighting. Same goes for a Warg.

Hunters suck because most players don't know how to PvP on them (myself included). They are content to sit in the back and pew pew. murder, if you have a Creep with respectable audacity, send a tell to Callquinta and offer to 1v1 him on your Creep

Speaking of 1v1's, when are you sparring Xal? If I'm available I would log in to watch this. Maybe someone could fraps it so you can show us all how it's done!
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jan 04 2013 at 05:14 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Spiriel View Post
    You must not remember the day that Captain's Kick was bugged. 100% FM starter was pretty hilarious.
    When the stat changes went into effect, every class having 1 main stat that affected DPS, Cappys had it pretty good for a month or 2 before other changes negated it. I recall Musta owning Creeps on his Cappy.

I'm taking my Halberd back to Old School SoA days when Halbreds were cool.
    Oh did I say if I get positional? I really meant I have positional non-stop. I love W-S-A-D using wargs (and burgs)
    My movement is superior!
    Yes remember those ridiculous looking Cappys running around with their halberd...CHARGE! (followed by) crunch crunch, lip smacking wargs, I think this is where I first got my love for Cappys.

Zeus = Zeus was the god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods.
    Zues = Nimrodel SoA hunter.

Good old Slither! He did know his stuff, He pissed people off because he would do just about ANYTHING to avoid death, but he was a great guy and fun to PVE with. Any recall the 24 warg raid to kill Slither! Now that was fun.

This is me usually in the moors...
    Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade
    Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonescraper79 View Post
    Any recall the 24 warg raid to kill Slither! Now that was fun.
    The one and only time I was in a Butta fail pack was on a Saturday morning. We formed on a goof because that dorf hunter, tormur, you know, the noob that corpse jumps every single Creep when all he does is sit in the back of a raid, well he was out so we were griefing him out of boredom. We come across Slither ganking some greenie at Harrison Ford. Butta pounces and.....bloody maul/bloody maul/ bloody maul/bloody maul/ bloody maul/bloody maul/ bloody maul/bloody maul/ bloody maul/bloody maul..... Yeah, he never saw it coming, fun stuff!

I'm taking my Halbred back to Old School SoA days when Halbreds were cool.

My movement is superior!

Lets get on topic ppl!!!!!

I believe Slick was referring to the fact that there's always just SO MUCH FRAKING TAR EVERYWHERE, you can't GET two feet before your dripping it TAR. And oh, then he can get the positional damage on you EVERY SINGLE TIME and with all that santorum -err I mean TAR! YOU CANT RUN AWAY
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Jan 04 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Gungy, try traiting 5Bw/capstone with renewed voice and the defensive strike parry bonus trait.

U should be able to tank down high rank welll played any class except WL and defilers which should result in a 30 min waste of time to a draw, and high rank spiders will still own u.
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by Aramidis View Post
    Yea the only difference is that MLM doesn't run away from a zerg like Milt who brands every time he has a chance or other wargs/burgs is that he stays and fight. I have seen MLM from my warg how he in stealth stays and waits till the zerg is happening and takes out 1 - 3 creeps while the zerg is happening before everyone notices him. One of the few burgs/wargs that doesn't just stealth and run away from a fight. Hes the type of person that jumps a raid of 30 creeps just for his kill and doesn't care that he dies.
    I'd like to point out I'm not involved in saying I'm good or bad so go critique someone else. I've never once said I'm good or bad but do know I'm better than 90% of the people out there. That isn't saying much because most of you are laughable raid babies. I actually get a kick out of hearing about what a coward I am, almost always from the same type of player: incompetent raid babies furious at me for running into their raid and npcs, killing them, then OMG NOT DYING!!!! And BTW: Murder is a good burg but he's also the same old tired type of idiot that talks more trash than he pvps. Here's a hint: I'm not interested. I play for fun. I don't care if you're better than me at a video game; it's not something I strive for. If that's your thing, go at it. But flipping over to laugh at someone is just sad. I have 200 people a day run from me in a fight or call in a raid. Do you ever see me flip over to ridicule them?

A couple of other points I've stated before: 1. Too many people in this game equate good gear with skill. That makes the trash talking facemelters even more amusing. 2. Why is everyone so obsessed with my store purchases? You people don't need to work so hard at pointing it out, it's much closer to home (as in every one of you and every one of the people you raid with both creep but mostly freep). I mean, seriously, do Nikitah or Shredman actually laugh along with you when the same tiring bullsh!t is being spouted about Milt's store purchases? I went 2 months without using a single store item before RoR came out and I still got the same cr@p. Methinks there's soemthing deeper at work in this issue.

One final note. You posted this:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...25#post6519425

'nuff said.

Yea the only difference is that MLM doesn't run away from a zerg like Milt who brands every time he has a chance or other wargs/burgs is that he stays and fight. I have seen MLM from my warg how he in stealth stays and waits till the zerg is happening and takes out 1 - 3 creeps while the zerg is happening before everyone notices him. One of the few burgs/wargs that doesn't just stealth and run away from a fight. Hes the type of person that jumps a raid of 30 creeps just for his kill and doesn't care that he dies.
    hmmm , i remember he used to wait for his cd´s then kill greenies or people with low moral in the middle of all creeps , and then hips or double hips , now he is playing different , and fights better in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post

Lets get on topic ppl!!!!!

I believe Slick was referring to the fact that there's always just SO MUCH FRAKING TAR EVERYWHERE, you can't GET two feet before your dripping it TAR. And oh, then he can get the positional damage on you EVERY SINGLE TIME and with all that santorum -err I mean TAR! YOU CANT RUN AWAY
    Nope,

I'm referring to planned 1v1s against KB turning wargs (and burgs) with no external sources of CC effect such as tar/web.
    Bigslick

l0l Xal, Your thread went viral!
    Bigslick

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Hey, thats the way a Burg is played, get in, kill anyone with a thousand hit points left, then get out before you have to do any real fighting. Same goes for a Warg.

Hunters suck because most players don't know how to PvP on them (myself included). They are content to sit in the back and pew pew. murder, if you have a Creep with respectable audacity, send a tell to Callquinta and offer to 1v1 him on your Creep

Speaking of 1v1's, when are you sparring Xal? If I'm available I would log in to watch this. Maybe someone could fraps it so you can show us all how it's done!

u might suck as a player, but i gotta give you props as a troll. to make yourself sound so derisive and condescending while at the same time talking out ur &&&&....magnificent....but, who are you to say ''THATS the way a burg is played''? who/where is your capped burg, that you have any idea what raiding or moorsing is like now or has been like anytime in the recent past? just because you were around 4 years ago and knew some good players then doesnt mean those of us who werent arent good players as well. personally im just not a fan of only ever going for greenies or people almost dead already and running away, just not my style. its alot more fun to have a real fight, not just take advantage of others work. i would be shocked to silence to see you go out and scope the talent on the server these days instead of insulting everyone and talking down to them because they werent playing as long ago as you were.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b2a2c/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

l0l Xal, Your thread went viral!
    Derailed, unfortunately, but still entertaining!
    Xalgar, Xalterra, Xaltemis, Xaldo, Armoured, Oldhag
    Glurrg, Gluurg, Commendationz, Manchops, Mothnon
    [IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/10817375250lotro_lotro26.png[/IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw

Pfft, it was kind of a pointless thread to start with. ;p
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/33cohuh.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Running away from the zerg is the point of the moors and has been for a while. I doubt you'd stand and fight in 3v1 or any similar scenario. You'll run and you'll be right to do so.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    I'd like to point out I'm not involved in saying I'm good or bad so go critique someone else. I've never once said I'm good or bad but do know I'm better than 90% of the people out there. That isn't saying much because most of you are laughable raid babies. I actually get a kick out of hearing about what a coward I am, almost always from the same type of player: incompetent raid babies furious at me for running into their raid and npcs, killing them, then OMG NOT DYING!!!! And BTW: Murder is a good burg but he's also the same old tired type of idiot that talks more trash than he pvps. Here's a hint: I'm not interested. I play for fun. I don't care if you're better than me at a video game; it's not something I strive for. If that's your thing, go at it. But flipping over to laugh at someone is just sad. I have 200 people a day run from me in a fight or call in a raid. Do you ever see me flip over to ridicule them?

A couple of other points I've stated before: 1. Too many people in this game equate good gear with skill. That makes the trash talking facemelters even more amusing. 2. Why is everyone so obsessed with my store purchases? You people don't need to work so hard at pointing it out, it's much closer to home (as in every one of you and every one of the people you raid with both creep but mostly freep). I mean, seriously, do Nikitah or Shredman actually laugh along with you when the same tiring bullsh!t is being spouted about Milt's store purchases? I went 2 months without using a single store item before RoR came out and I still got the same cr@p. Methinks there's soemthing deeper at work in this issue.

One final note. You posted this:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...25#post6519425

'nuff said.
    Nobody paid attention to me when I pointed out Nikitah, Shredman, Gemodi. What's more amusing is that Shredman passed on the store usage to his kin leader when they come out to the moors.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by Pansa View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw

Pfft, it was kind of a pointless thread to start with. ;p
    Dat song

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    Murder is a good burg but he's also the same old tired type of idiot that talks more trash than he pvps. Here's a hint: I'm not interested. I play for fun. I don't care if you're better than me at a video game; it's not something I strive for. If that's your thing, go at it. But flipping over to laugh at someone is just sad. I have 200 people a day run from me in a fight or call in a raid. Do you ever see me flip over to ridicule them?
    I feel exactly the same way, Milt, but stop and hear me out before you hurt yourself from the epic eye roll. I use to call out people constantly and talk trash, something you have called me out for publicly and privately. My only defense was it was back when I was relatively new to PvP, or in the heat of battle, or out of frustration, or just an extension of my trolling. I do think in the last 2 years I've stepped away from that to the consternation of some tribemates.

Do I suck at 1v1's? Probably, I've never beaten your LM in an organized 1v1 and never fought you LM in an "impromptu" 1v1, but I do recall ganking your rarely played Mini (yes, Milt does have a Mini guys) at a blue WTAB in the NPC's you kited me into and coming out on top, before the Godmode Minis IIRC. I'm not sure why I can't beat your LM, I've beaten Stuns (impromptu) and Frost (planned) LM's. Both at least as skilled as you and decidedly better geared than you, but that's neither here nor there. I play for fun, I do try and learn all I can about my class and classes I play against, but I definitely don't live my life for any game. It really makes me question the lives of some of the people in this game and some in this thread. How can you be in game virtually 24/7 and have any type of real life?

I mean, seriously, do Nikitah or Shredman
    ^insert greewen You all know of my opposition to the store. My biggest beef with it is it makes mediocre players almost unbeatable in a 1v1. Milt, you don't need the store, but I understand your reasons for using it I think, probably the same one that some Bladers use the store for, to even the playing field. I just refuse to put any money in this game, especially in a store that promotes P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylittlemurder View Post
    u might suck as a player, but i gotta give you props as a troll. to make yourself sound so derisive and condescending while at the same time talking out ur &&&&....magnificent....but, who are you to say ''THATS the way a burg is played''? who/where is your capped burg, that you have any idea what raiding or moorsing is like now or has been like anytime in the recent past? just because you were around 4 years ago and knew some good players then doesnt mean those of us who werent arent good players as well. personally im just not a fan of only ever going for greenies or people almost dead already and running away, just not my style. its alot more fun to have a real fight, not just take advantage of others work. i would be shocked to silence to see you go out and scope the talent on the server these days instead of insulting everyone and talking down to them because they werent playing as long ago as you were.
    THIS!!!! is where I PvP!!! Now you have finally caught on. murder, I had a capped Burg and was end game raiding for years before you even installed the game. It isn't hard to find out my Burgs name, it's not like I hide it, you don't remember me trolling you on it numerous times? Here, I'll do the work for you cuz I'm such a nice guy.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/8...1412820335728/

Don't laugh too hard, my Burg is a secondary raid toon, my Hunter is my main, and I'm not a min/maxxer and this is more of a moors setup since that was all I was doing on my Burg for the last 6 months I played this game.

I think you would be shocked to see the skill level of the people I mentioned. All knew Burgs inside and out, because besides their Creeps, they played Burgs at a high skill level, and they didn't need a store to boosts their talent. Not a poke at you, I have no clue about your store usage, but at the general PvP community as it is now.

You explained to me how you played your Burg and I agreed. You said you enjoyed running into a zerg, getting a few kills and escaping. How was that derisive? Remember, I've been a part of those zergs and I've seen how you fared against a BB raid when you tried this. You may kill one of us near death, but I can't even remember how many times I've seen you hopping up and down like a jumping bean as we blow you up. I started jumping around with you Dude, I can remember you running from my sorry butt when I was solo and caught you ganking a greenie. I know you're a Burg and I know I certainly don't like to fight when I can't initiate from stealth on my Burg, but climb off your pedestal. There actually may be and have been Burgs better than you. I don't want to get personal, but I really have to question ones RL issues when they care so passionately about a silly game.

As for me sucking? I'm a keyboard turning clicker, that doesn't play well in 1v1's. I do know my classes, I do know how to lead raids in both PvP and endgame, I just really don't like leading. 1V1's aren't the be all and end all of gaming. Being a team player, having situational awareness (thank you DD for teaching us all this, best in the game at that aspect), knowing your classes abilities and weakness, and even more importantly, knowing your opponents and you teammates abilities and weaknesses, are all just as important as being a good 1v1er. So please, just because I suck at 1v1's don't make the mistake of thinking I'm a poor player.
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jan 05 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast