We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    i want to see numerous if ANY creeps that can spike heal over 2.5k hps.
    My wl put out a 13k heal with 1 op sooooooo idk

Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    Good thing I specified AoE power drain. (Here I wrote it in a different colour to make sure you see it next time!)

AoE heal pet? which pet? AoE slow? I'm sorry but if you can't go around a black circle on the ground then you deserve to die.

By the way, Defilers have an AoE fear, and slugs have an AoE slow aswell. Why don't you guys stop killing the slugs and let them join the creep raids too?
    I did read that, and i said similar not the same skills. (Here I wrote it in a different colour and made it big to make sure you see it!(Sorry, that was dumb :P))

Lms have a group healing pet, and they can force you to go into the tar with staying in it. And yes, i'm a reaver, I don't have ranged skills, and i can't stealth.
    Every class has it's own awesome skills, you can't say Power drains are OP - A soloing defiler needs time to drain your whole power, and honestly, if you have so big power problems you can use a pot, or use will/power armour/jewelry. I can even say you which skraids you have to run for that equiptment.

I feel abit stupid to have to say this, after Itty's video it's just repeated stuff.

nope. just see more QQ. i know what happens, i've looked at the gear, i've healed in the moors. i also know that shield walls on minnies and rks eliminate 90% of your current QQ in that post, something that's been happening alot lately. also add the hots of Rks, LMs, and cappies, and healing is still close to the numbers i posted.
    Only guardian who knows how to shield wall anymore is Medo, and I rarely see him out. No one is arguing that freeps were OP in ROI. We're talking about now post RoR. Clownfish hit it on the head. Bring out your minstrel and show us these parses to back up your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    Only guardian who knows how to shield wall anymore is Medo, and I rarely see him out. No one is arguing that freeps were OP in ROI. We're talking about now post RoR. Clownfish hit it on the head. Bring out your minstrel and show us these parses to back up your claims.
    kaha and straego are 2 that are good at it, candolos has done so recently also, and there's a new guard or two out that have been randomly doing it.

./sigh

you mean i have to do the mindless grind of 5 levels in the lamest expansion lotro's put out, regear my minnie at cap gear, get 2nd age symbols mindlessly for the next 6 months, just to prove a point?

./pass not interested.

i'm not lucky enough to get everything handed to me, and well i never EVER roll good on gear. so w/e continue QQ.

for parses!! what I get with a slug on me, totally single target. next I see what my rk gets, though I am sure it is alot higher, is it at least double higher to make the morale difference to heal ratio equal, hmmmm... [IMG][/IMG]

you mean i have to do the mindless grind of 5 levels in the lamest expansion lotro's put out, regear my minnie at cap gear, get 2nd age symbols mindlessly for the next 6 months, just to prove a point?
    if you can't prove a point, then do you really have one?

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    for parses!! what I get with a slug on me, totally single target. next I see what my rk gets, though I am sure it is alot higher, is it at least double higher to make the morale difference to heal ratio equal, hmmmm... [IMG][/IMG]
    Love the group chat lol skmuzy

if you can't prove a point, then do you really have one?

no its more like....... after 4 years of playing this game, I personally don't feel the need/urge to waste 3+ months of time to prove a point to someone who's either almost or more experienced as I, that will still find something to QQ about even if the proof's in screenshot form in front of his face. as do 99% of the people on this server. if you don't believe me, don't. idc, but i'm not gonna waste MY time, to prove ANYTHING to anyone. its a freaking video game and at this point its getting to not be worth my time. especially with all the QQ from people(not per say you bloin), that expect that because they have the best armour/jewellery/LIs/virtues that real life and game money can buy they should auto win. despite all of their combined efforts through QQ, the human element is still required to play this game. now whether you do it like halkin and just roll your face across a keyboard in a 6v1 and win, or more like me who actually has to work at it, it still requires the human element. so if you(the generall QQ-ers) don't like how the game's come out for you, don't QQ, change the only thing that is different from every other piece of coded material in this game................YOU. YOU are the only reason that creeps or freeps pwn the others. nothing to do with codes, power drains, aoe dps, SI, champs, LMs, minnies, defilers, warleaders, wargs or anything else. its all about YOU.

so take YOU out to the ballpark, take a few extra practice swings and maybe you'll finally get how to swing a home run.

no its more like....... after 4 years of playing this game, I personally don't feel the need/urge to waste 3+ months of time to prove a point to someone who's either almost or more experienced as I, that will still find something to QQ about even if the proof's in screenshot form in front of his face. as do 99% of the people on this server. if you don't believe me, don't. idc, but i'm not gonna waste MY time, to prove ANYTHING to anyone. its a freaking video game and at this point its getting to not be worth my time. especially with all the QQ from people(not per say you bloin), that expect that because they have the best armour/jewellery/LIs/virtues that real life and game money can buy they should auto win. despite all of their combined efforts through QQ, the human element is still required to play this game. now whether you do it like halkin and just roll your face across a keyboard in a 6v1 and win, or more like me who actually has to work at it, it still requires the human element. so if you(the generall QQ-ers) don't like how the game's come out for you, don't QQ, change the only thing that is different from every other piece of coded material in this game................YOU. YOU are the only reason that creeps or freeps pwn the others. nothing to do with codes, power drains, aoe dps, SI, champs, LMs, minnies, defilers, warleaders, wargs or anything else. its all about YOU.

so take YOU out to the ballpark, take a few extra practice swings and maybe you'll finally get how to swing a home run.
    I shed a tear... ;p

Moar seriously, I'm done trying to debate on anything on the forums, it's just a pain in the A$$ to have to log in every time I want to reply, quote, read everyone blablas, etc. Hit me up in game or on the facebook page if you want to discuss about this since I might take a Lotro break to try RIFT. Cheers.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

nope. just see more QQ. i know what happens, i've looked at the gear, i've healed in the moors. i also know that shield walls on minnies and rks eliminate 90% of your current QQ in that post, something that's been happening alot lately. also add the hots of Rks, LMs, and cappies, and healing is still close to the numbers i posted.
    Very fun fact for ya - when we actually have all of that and close to equal numbers we usually fare quite well.
    Sadly the tip - use A for B and C to counter D&E&F, etc isn't really all that wise. Why you might ask? Because we can't get any class on demand. It's a lot tougher to get "the perfect raid" on freepside. Even on creepside it's tough. It's like you imagine we don't know of SW...You said it yourself - close or same experience - tbh, same to a couple other replies, it's not only the lack of knowledge, it's all lack of people, if you haven't noticed all those times when there's more healers at gv than freeps at gv.

About the point on LMs, lol. Yeah, when we have like 5 of one class we probably have a lot of people out, which logically leads to doing good, face-rolling with the advantage isn't anything too new.

Man, so many things to reply to, so little willingness to find the right quotes

About burgs sucking. Lol, maybe now vs spiders, rest is either annoying or tough fight.
    Warg being OP? Hardly, as I said, so far they are jut experiencing the whole burg story only in fast forward. Pretty strong/borderline OP class getting ignored and becoming weaker, but ofc all of that is personal opinion.
    Just makes me laugh remembering several burgs crying about how hard it is to play, how burgs are screwed and so on back in RoI until and in update 5, lol.

hopefully reminding me is not hoping I quit
    No, it just makes me sad remembering you as one of the several good wargs(now there's like only Hypno? maybe forgetting something, but idk), who were a fun encounter alone, camping rezpoints and paths. Now I mostly see as another spider, without any way to tell you apart from others...

R.I.P. Baneoffirehands

Fun 1v1s, btw, but if you do bring your warg out again, get him auded and work on that movement again :P

Favorite Highlights from this thread:

1) People who have been out for 2 months teaching Thorfinn/Bloin how to play
    2)Baggie telling Chiron he enjoys small groups
    3)Baggie alluding to secret knowledge of healing.

All around good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    No, it just makes me sad remembering you as one of the several good wargs(now there's like only Hypno? maybe forgetting something, but idk), who were a fun encounter alone, camping rezpoints and paths. Now I mostly see as another spider, without any way to tell you apart from others...

R.I.P. Baneoffirehands

Fun 1v1s, btw, but if you do bring your warg out again, get him auded and work on that movement again :P
    No worries Thorf, spider was a side project (only class I hadn't ever played really) I plan to spend most of my time on warg again, much more of a challenge, yeah it was fun, I demand more once I have my full aud and am back in practice hehe

oh yeah, and it's sad that my days of solo rez camping may be over, due to the fact in ror if either side is stuck in rez (though mostly freeps are) there is a raid camping them. it's not like it used to be I miss the days of TA fights where people dying ran back to the open mouth of my warg camping rez haha, now people seem to stay dead or come back together, but ahh well! soon I will be accused of QQing so I better just play and not ramble

oh yeah, and it's sad that my days of solo rez camping may be over, due to the fact in ror if either side is stuck in rez (though mostly freeps are) there is a raid camping them. it's not like it used to be I miss the days of TA fights where people dying ran back to the open mouth of my warg camping rez haha, now people seem to stay dead or come back together, but ahh well! soon I will be accused of QQing so I better just play and not ramble
    Well, there seems to be a lot of people who are still finishing their aud (crazy, right?) and only now getting second agers, still many Hytbold-ers still tho :/ But a general practice really for groups to help fun might be to spread out and try to find stuff and, idk give solo/duo roaming a try? >.> No one HAS to do it, but the typical - think about the benefit in the end, not the instant gain sometimes, cuz honestly, it's usually the creeps who end up being close, THERE'S NOT SO MANY FREEPS YET

But yeah, I guess we're all trying to have fun. I just like different things than many others, hopefully we find a balance again

Well, there seems to be a lot of people who are still finishing their aud (crazy, right?) and only now getting second agers, still many Hytbold-ers still tho :/ But a general practice really for groups to help fun might be to spread out and try to find stuff and, idk give solo/duo roaming a try? >.> No one HAS to do it, but the typical - think about the benefit in the end, not the instant gain sometimes, cuz honestly, it's usually the creeps who end up being close, THERE'S NOT SO MANY FREEPS YET

But yeah, I guess we're all trying to have fun. I just like different things than many others, hopefully we find a balance again
    heh, we'll all have to find a way to make it work, and unlike the past spreading out works cuz nown is no longer gotten by range! be interesting to see what people come up with, hopefully more fun then gv camps though :P

It's like you imagine we don't know of SW...
    i really hate when people mention shield wall. While shield walling a guard can basically do nothing else except maybe try to shield smash some scrub that happens to be nearby, of course you need block responses for that, and since nobody is actually attacking you... You basically devote an entire slot to a guard who is doing nothing except being a morale sponge for a healer. If that guard was simply a different class, that would be far more valuable.

What Dune said. At this point, heals, guardians etc are getting far too overrated in raids. One problem atm is freeps value subpar healers over dps right now and roll in groups of 18 with 3 guards, 6 minis, 3 Rks, 3 cappies 2 LMs and 1 hunter. Heal creeps to death is the new tactic I suppose.

Well, there seems to be a lot of people who are still finishing their aud (crazy, right?) and only now getting second agers, still many Hytbold-ers still tho :/
    Some of us play off-hours and don't have kins that let us farm them.

But the fact that you need a subscription to play freep at all, the fact you need to put time in to lvling a freep to 85, and the fact that while at 85 you need to put more time in to gearing a freep with pve; you will never see equal ratios of freep:creep.
    It's taking a lot of time for Freeps to gear up on level 85... we are PvEing for jewels and 2nd ages, yes, but we still need the PvP armour for audacity. No other armour is good out there. And for that we're taking a long time mainly because of the numbers of creeps.
    I suspect (I don't know) creep side is easier to get comms, so (again, I suspect, dont know) lots of ppl are creeping to get comms and gear up their freep. Maybe some are changing sides for good, cause right now the easy mode side to rank is definitely creepside... I never saw creeps ranking so fast!

On the other hand, after freeps get geared, maybe we'll have more even fights with small groups and all... but the power drain is a &&&&&. It's basicly a skill that makes the other side unplayable. If you have no power, you have auto-attacks. That's all. So yes, I think power drain should go completely. Both sides.
    I also think CC should be nerfed a LOT, both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUIDO View Post
    Remove power drains ? ha , Give me 2 bubbles let me have a fellowships heart um oh yea some skills that hit for 9k and then you can talk about taking away power drain .
    Defilers should get a rk treatment: they should get a way to trait so they can dps good, but heal poorly if they choose to do so, as RKs do... I think it's fair.

But don't think you are under healing, my friend. I can out-dps Qris and Thiefdog's heals on my warden, ranged, fast (5b+1y+1r, lvl 75 1st ages). But as Bloin said, they are light armour targets... Defilers? Not so much... I can't out-dps your heals with -50% incoming healing on you! lol

Spiders do need nerfs, come one... they are master kiters, debuffers and are doing very sweet dps. They don't need that many CC. No class should need it. If it does, it should be fixed so it doesn't.

A class that need to make the adversary not play at all so they can win is just broken imo.

Yes wardens do too. I know. Maybe making Determination stance do no dmg at all and when you switch stances, HoTs are cleared. That's where the big HoTs are.
    Maybe making blue trait lines reduce dmg as the sets bonuses are on (that will reduce threat on PvE land, I think, may break that part)... who knows! But something needs to be done, yes.

PS: Itty, LM tar is &&&& now... they set it down only to have warg pee, defiler goo, spider web and WL banner on it. Useful only to set where that &&&& will land. =P
    PS2: I want Itty to lead us!!! I even will log Herja with her eternal HoH traits on (yes, if you're a cappy in a raid, go HoH, pls - help healing, power regen and please, never in-combat rez someone if you don't trait Blood of Númmenor).

The last couple days have been great freepside. I have been having a blast, and we did quite well with Pigeon leading us last night. Not that it is any new news but success freepside comes down to good leadership/followship. Logged last night after buying my first 2 armor pieces have 6k coms left and a 2k rating, woot!
    I know more gv/rez camping is ahead <shrug> it's gonna happen short term, but I dunno that it has to be permanent. Play to enjoy the game, if it gets to ya then just log and do something else. I think it is a pipe-dream to think there will ever be a perfect pvp game...I actually don't think Lotro is too bad atm....just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    But don't think you are under healing, my friend. I can out-dps Qris and Thiefdog's heals on my warden, ranged, fast (5b+1y+1r, lvl 75 1st ages). But as Bloin said, they are light armour targets... Defilers? Not so much... I can't out-dps your heals with -50% incoming healing on you! lol
    Uh we can 1v1 sometime, i won't even try to kill you because i won't be able to... I'll just sit and spam heals. Duneasaurus is only rank 7, but the healing doesn't really improve after r6 as far as i know. And yeah defilers have solid mits compared to a mini, but our damage is non-existent. Any freep class except a captain can easily 1v1 me if they know how to play, because my damage is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    PS2yes, if you're a cappy in a raid, go HoH, pls - help healing, power regen and please, never in-combat rez someone if you don't trait Blood of Númmenor).
    haha, so true herja... so true. Also captains should be getting OOC to res. We have (i believe) the fastest casting ooc res, and are largely unbothered in most rvr's because we're no threat.

Edit: I tested it today cuz i was bored and I heal on average 900 hps on my defiler with some coldfells hunter plinking at me. That includes effloresence and fell restoration. Obviously in a group the hots can tick on everyone so there's a lot more healing, but in terms of single target that's my limit. Tox might be 25-30% higher at his rank, but that'd still only get him to 1200.
    Last edited by DuneBug; Jan 03 2013 at 04:30 AM.

Lets see, it takes me approximately 3 seconds to get out of combat. I am always traited HoH, with blood of numenor for a full rez...It takes 2 seconds to throw it and I essentially just gave a 10k heal (toon comes back with full morale and 90% power)when the dead toon wakes....5 seconds later, i am back to spamming WoC, rally/war cry, and my damage heals.....Did that a bunch of times today in a fight that was about 15 minutes long..... Sure some of the people died multiple times, but we also ended up getting a bunch more renown as a result of Farrial and I rezzing.

Then i got chewed out for it...

I guess we could have just wiped about 10 minutes sooner....

Iri is gonna take a long break from the moors....later all

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish101 View Post
    Then i got chewed out for it...
    All I can say is sad....

I'm all for someone "teaching" me to play my class. I bug Far for tips and tricks all the time. Am I great in the Moors prolly not. But I know the common sense things. Follow TA. Keep healers alive. Follow TA. If I am in your raid I will trait whatever way you want and play the build to the best of my knowledge and skill. I usually don't trait HoH , I trait 5r2b with my blues being NfW and BoN for good rezzes and ICPR. We usually don't have a plethora of DPS so any little bit helps right? I always have Blade Bro going to help with DPS and I learned early on that +85 to all Stats in the long run isn't really that great. I use Fellowship Brother, SoD, and MoW.
    I don't have the best of gear and Cappies can feel free to inspect and tell me somethings I should replace. I hate skirms and never win anything so I don't have a lot of skirm jewls. For Moors gear I use 2x Loyalty Helm and Pauldrons and 4x Perseverance chest down. I have run Pits t2 1000 times for Sarchol but it never drops for me so I still use Draig +Might Cape.
    I have so much fun in the moors if needed I'd even be willing to lvl up my Hunter from 81 and give him a go out there even though I really really hate Rohan lol. But anyways this turned into a wall of text so I know atleast Erlessa won't read it =P
    I guess the bottom line is, if there are people willing to teach nooby freeps the best way to bring value to a raid I'm down to listen. Just send me a tell ingame at Cuath or Lanelthan.

lmao!

/10chars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast