We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Freeps learning to play

So, freepside is taking Erlessas and others advice and is learning to play

Now and then you shall see us execute these very elaborate military demonstrations of knowing how to play

-Getting more people than other side
    -Camping grams without giving kills
    -Sometimes using p2w consumables from either AH, Lottos or T-Store
    -Hiding when odds are equal or worse for us
    -Logging after a maximum of three consecutive wipes

You may add to this, also note that very special circumstances are required and thus the execution of these manoeuvres won't be seen nearly as often as the wise creepside, but we will try to learn. Maybe someday, we too will know - how to play ® ™

Clearly the amount of creeps was proof of how successful todays exercise was. Maybe it will reoccur.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

No, I wouldn't really say that.

(then again I have no idea what brought on this little burst of joy either since I wasn't on yday)
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Sw + si + rk = rawr
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Today I saw an rk being shieldbro-ed and a glory champ in a RvR. Whatever happened to Ardour? It does have its uses occasionally!
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    Today I saw an rk being shieldbro-ed and a glory champ in a RvR. Whatever happened to Ardour? It does have its uses occasionally!
    RK shield broed not always bad as it can keep them alive longer. glory champ I really don't know the point there, but ardour has no real use in moors, fervour ftw!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    RK shield broed not always bad as it can keep them alive longer. glory champ I really don't know the point there, but ardour has no real use in moors, fervour ftw!
    Shieldbro don't help if you're being targetted. And obviously you never tried Ardour at a right time! (right time being having 8+ creeps in melee range most of the time)
    Quit.

GLFF was pretty funny yestarday at night: OMG! Creep raid plsplspls come to the moors
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Shieldbro don't help if you're being targetted. And obviously you never tried Ardour at a right time! (right time being having 8+ creeps in melee range most of the time)
    Ardour wouldn't help any more unless you had some traits dedicated to it I don't think, and I wouldn't personally be willing to trait for it on the off chance it would be very useful, though I do throw tons of aoes out rvr and find them very useful. it doesn't help much if your a dps rk I grant you, but +20% incoming healing and -15% damage would make a healing rk even more godmode, as if they need that..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    GLFF was pretty funny yestarday at night: OMG! Creep raid plsplspls come to the moors
    Ok, next time when we have one third of the amount of your raid has because there's people who have to leave we'll just insta log, that's what you want by making this comment, right? Honestly, it's astonishing that people seem only to care about camping rezzes at all times, rather than actually fighting.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Please feel free to read my comment anyway you like, I just found it funny, that's all. If you feel like you guys should insta log, that's up to you.

It's also almost clear that freeps love being camped on rezzes. I've seen you guys being camped by half of your numbers.

Think again who's really tired of rezz camping.
    Last edited by Rashy; Dec 31 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Also, I'm tired to see freep raids getting destroyed by solo or several small groups of creeps.
    are you blind and have someone else beside you describing what is happening to you on screen? because I would like to see a small group of creeps on this server stay a small group for longer than it takes someone to broadcast freep positions in ooc. last night our hunters were tracking over 30 at some spots. Just cuz they aren't in the main raid, doesn't mean they don't exist lol. Despite what your experience as a WL would have lead you believe, npc's are also not irrelevant.

since you from what I have seen are a RoR spawn, I can't say you really know how good creeps have it at the moment comparatively. Creeps got their damage and healing boosts they were crying for years for, yet turbine did nothing to change the mechanics of the ways creeps had to fight freeps in the past by way of overwhelming with numbers and outlasting freeps ( being able to instantly teleport to various parts of the map, 5 target in combat aoe rezzes, power drains).

I've been playing my warg, reaver, and ba recently out of curiosity, and all I can say is that even with subpar audacity and without buying skills above my rank, most fights are not challenging for me on my creeps (except wardens cuz they're still broken).
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

I'm pretty sure you'd get more people out if you weren't so *insert negative adjective* to group. Oh, the "please buff my group and leave afterwards" was pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    Despite what your experience as a WL would have lead you believe, npc's are also not irrelevant.
    O_o?? Is that really what you think?

since you from what I have seen are a RoR spawn, I can't say you really know how good creeps have it at the moment comparatively.
    Just because you weren't around in the last months of RoI doesn't mean I didn't exist back then so... You're just throwing stuff up there, sorry Santa. I know very well out bad it was back then, the changes that came with RoR are indeed something that was needed since audacity was introduced.

Creeps got their damage and healing boosts they were crying for years for, yet turbine did nothing to change the mechanics of the ways creeps had to fight freeps in the past by way of overwhelming with numbers and outlasting freeps ( being able to instantly teleport to various parts of the map, 5 target in combat aoe rezzes, power drains).
    Oh, c'mon Santa, the boosts were great but there are still disparities in the moors concerning creeps vs freeps still. Not here to point out stuff. I leave this kind of stuff to people that post on General PVMP. But in case you wanna compare, there are plenty, AoE OOC rezzes, Horses, Power drain from LMs as well. If we really need to bring this up to the tables, I'd rather go read general PVMP
    Last edited by Rashy; Jan 01 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Essie - Tr.

Just because you weren't around in the last months of RoI doesn't mean I didn't exist back then so... You're just throwing stuff up there
    Cuz end of RoI = really long period of time, right?

Oh, c'mon Santa, the boosts were great but there are still disparities in the moors concerning creeps vs freeps still. Not here to point out stuff. I leave this kind of stuff to people that post on General PVMP. But in case you wanna compare, there are plenty, AoE OOC rezzes, Horses, Power drain from LMs as well. If we really need to bring this up to the tables, I'd rather go read general PVMP
    Sure there are disparities, but the arguments you bring to the table are pretty weak tbh

-aoe OOC rezzes, cuz being out of combat and alive is so easy for a mini. Not to mention the fact hey can't heal to be ooc for a while, a wl can just pop a skill and watch all of that happen while he keeps running around branded.
    -Horses are only 33% faster than WL buff, can't swim, can't be used in keeps [yeah, they got thing they can't do as well as wl/creep speed] and they have an induction that makes you stand still. Only real good thing - you can ride while in combat, well if you are in combat that is relevant=creeps around, it most likely means they are dismounting you already or are at the fault that you're getting away.
    -Power drain from one class that is easy to spot/interrupt, targets only one target and has a 1min cd vs three very potent drains+two very potent power related debuffs if not more

In RVR with adequate numbers ofc freeps have the advantage still, but really, that doesn't happen very often, and I doubt we'll ever see a full raid of freeps that all know how to do their roles on Crickhollow, cuz most who know what to do simply stop playing.

On the subject on power drains actually, I've long had the opinion they need to be changed to drain practically nothing, just a symbolic amount and function as a way to regain power, because with several drainers it just gets out of hand and often enough boring.

Creeps are overpowered, that is simple to see.

Before RoR there wasn't a single creep in the moors that beat me consistently in 1v1s. Burzan was the only creep that was getting me nearly half the time.

Now nearly anyone can beat me, Urnakh beats me with 20k morale left.

Believing that freeps are still overpowered is ludicrous. Why do you think so many people are on their creeps atm.
    Merlinros - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    Creeps are overpowered, that is simple to see.

Before RoR there wasn't a single creep in the moors that beat me consistently in 1v1s. Burzan was the only creep that was getting me nearly half the time.

Now nearly anyone can beat me, Urnakh beats me with 20k morale left.

Believing that freeps are still overpowered is ludicrous. Why do you think so many people are on their creeps atm.
    LoL, that isn't actually 100% true either, some classes creepside are very potent now yeah, but wargs are getting the burg treatment :P so i expect to see them get nerfs for at least 4 more updates :3

I remember playing my BA when moria came out and having a freep swift bow+ Merci shot me to death. And let's not forget when CC pots didn't exist and all freep cc was full duration... ROI was not the lowest of the low for creeps.

I would be all for having both sides be mirrored if there was a way for the server to make the numbers equal for both sides ie layering. But the fact that you need a subscription to play freep at all, the fact you need to put time in to lvling a freep to 85, and the fact that while at 85 you need to put more time in to gearing a freep with pve; you will never see equal ratios of freep:creep. Therefore, mirroring both sides to be exactly equal would not work for balance.

I would concede to giving creeps something equivalent to mount speed if maps were removed, however, no one likes nerfs. The removal of maps would be a huge nerf.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    LoL, that isn't actually 100% true either, some classes creepside are very potent now yeah, but wargs are getting the burg treatment :P so i expect to see them get nerfs for at least 4 more updates :3
    yet how many ppl do you see sticking with the warg since spiders and reavers got soo many new goodies? It's like when mirkwood was released and a cj was a super stun (can't be potted or have a skill remove the cc). All you saw creepside was wargs and spiders (who also had a nasty bug with toxic haze that put all burg tricks to 0m range.) People like the FOTM. I think this month tastes like Chimichangas because they're awesome.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

I've been playing my warg, reaver, and ba recently out of curiosity, and all I can say is that even with subpar audacity and without buying skills above my rank, most fights are not challenging for me on my creeps (except wardens cuz they're still broken).
    ^^^^^ I play every creep class and it's so terribly easymode that I have to play my burglar when I want challenge... with a few exceptions. ;s
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Every class creepside seems potent atm. They all have clear cut obvious rolls and they fill them well.

Defilers make things impossible to kill when they get their hots up on it, add in some flies, blight, aoe fears and their spammy absorby bubble thing and you have 1 hell of a class.

WLs are just plain beastly, tanks that can heal on the move, give out buffs, aoe rezzes with a stun they can pretty much spam.

Reavers dps is good its aoe and they have huge morale pools.

BAs are ez mode dps'ers, as soon as a target switches they can start lighting it up, the can set up a decent burst damage if they know what they are doing, and now throwing in the automatic stuns they are a hell of a class too.

Spiders, are just ridiculous. The only people to beat me on my spider consistantly are good LMs, you and bloin. It is easy to get good with one, and if you really learn how to play them you can be a beast.

The last are wargs, that still have ridiculous burst damage and escapability.

Every creep class atm is potent in their specific roles. Freeps still have an advantage with group mechanics, unfortunately very few people are aware of thier optimal role in groups, thats including high ranked and low ranked people. I think the days of freep solo'ers in the moors is being slowly brought to a halt, and everyone has to adapt to it.

Just like creeps need open thier eyes and see that when they beat a freep now 1v1 its not a huge accomplishment and its nothing to go beating your chest about.
    Merlinros - Brandywine

Burg is my bread and butter on warg. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    Burg is my bread and butter on warg. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    U5 brought the very amazing auto dev and two effect clever retort sets. Together with the way RoI let burgs have crazy dmg and probably best survivability freepside at the time if played carefully, ofc.
    U6 Brought finesse - burgs get hit more often + wargs with two stances, both making burgs way vulnerable.

The way wargs were at the end on RoI, I wouldn't say they were anywhere near the best days of burgs, but they were pretty strong when played by good players - they were pretty fotm (like usual, but w/e) now ROR comes out and they get pretty much ignored with a few changes. U9 Pounce cd got longer right? OP auto interrupt gone, that can pretty much be called a nerf.

That's what I meant :P why i expect more nerfs to wargs, hah

Spiders are like wardens though, they just get some nerf to make everyone forget that they are still crazy :P
    Tho nerf to wrds is way bigger than that to catch pray (they did nerf it a bit, if I remember right)

That's your first problem. Face it, there are just so many creeps out, if you want to be competitive, you have to raid up. Creepside runs small groups sometimes too, but even then... there's usually tons of taggers out.

This kind of attitude is just - aaargh - breaking the moors for me.

The fact that a side has a lot of people out doesn't mean they all have to group up.
    It doesn't mean they have to be at the same area even.

But honestly, I guess I am expecting too much from crick if the few people who used to exclusively solo are now always grouped when i see them with the exception for 1v1s to get full credit.

I'd like to remind someone of their own words, might be a bit paraphrased now but - The day soloing is impossible in the moors, i will quit completely. - tho now that i think of it, those words don't say anything about having/wanting to solo anymore, I guess there never was any hope for crick to become more solo friendly, but I still keep spending time, running around them map on the side I am on for at least 15min, looking for action that doesn't require me to join 15 others to not die in a matter of seconds.

Remove power drains ? ha , Give me 2 bubbles let me have a fellowships heart um oh yea some skills that hit for 9k and then you can talk about taking away power drain .

Creeps need a nerf ? for what freeps undergeared coming to the moors ? I mean realistically wait till feb and FA come out im sure creeps will need a nerf . Sarcasm get it ? Ive pvp'd on this game since 65 cap both sides . So so always happens if a freep doesn't know how to play they lose . If a creep doesn't know how to play they lose . In RVR if one side just plainly has a better raid leader they are going to win unless heavily outnumbered .

and again Remove power drains ? Really ? its come to this ? take it to general pvp forums if you want to care about power drains . Wanna trade bubbles for flies ? or maybe some rk and minnie heals ? lets see if turbine does it I would take the trade.

What I think it is , before you could wreck creeps 1v1 now you cant so therefore they are op ... please think of something better to talk about .

Oh im sure this will get brought up . I spam flies I use mordiriths brand . I supposedly run but yet can get 20k days legit . Oh im op yes I know ima defiler duh are massive dps cmon now .
    Last edited by YOUNGGUIDO; Jan 01 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

This kind of attitude is just - aaargh - breaking the moors for me.

The fact that a side has a lot of people out doesn't mean they all have to group up.
    It doesn't mean they have to be at the same area even.

But honestly, I guess I am expecting too much from crick if the few people who used to exclusively solo are now always grouped when i see them with the exception for 1v1s to get full credit.

I'd like to remind someone of their own words, might be a bit paraphrased now but - The day soloing is impossible in the moors, i will quit completely. - tho now that i think of it, those words don't say anything about having/wanting to solo anymore, I guess there never was any hope for crick to become more solo friendly, but I still keep spending time, running around them map on the side I am on for at least 15min, looking for action that doesn't require me to join 15 others to not die in a matter of seconds.
    Kinda think I said that soloing thing.. hopefully reminding me is not hoping I quit :P also! creeps were not that underpowered before ror, a good creep could still beat the majority of freeps. currently a bad creep can own good freeps if they play the right class and that is just sad. I'm playing this OP spider thing at the moment, and at r5 with next to no storebought skills and 7 aud I was beating good players and that's just wrong. current situation freeps should just hunt down wargs cuz they the only creep class that isn't too strong, I agree with Bloin, with the changes the fight mechanics should have been changed, creeps still have too many underdog skills they don't need with current balance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast