We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Am I missing something?

OK, so I've finished Southern Eregion, and completed all the quests and the instances around the Walls of Moria, (so I now have a bunch of legendary items) and was told to go visit (sorry can't remember his name) the Dwarf at Thorins Hall to complete the quests. He told me to take the items to the ItemMaster (standing next to him) to Identify them.
    Upon trying to identify the items I get the message "sorry you can't do that untill you have entered Moria", so I travel back to Nan Sirannon in Southern Eregion to head into Moria, but now can't get in?
    Trying to get into the Gates of Moria area (by Rathwald) gives me the message "Using that has no effect".

What have I missed?
    Thanks.

What part of the Epic are you on? You can only use the item you get from the first part until you get the deed seeker of dark places, or you second LI. Make sure you read the Epic quest you are on. Once you identify the first LI, you equip it, place a relic on it, then get it to level 10, reforge, then finish the watcher instance, then get your second LI. After that you are able to use the relic masters for all the items you found. Hope this helps.

Chapter 10 - Forgotten Lineage - Bring the weapon to the ForgeMaster to be identified.
    Taking the item to a ForgeMaster (which ForgeMaster?, tried the one I was told to go to in Thorins Hall and the one in Rivendell) though tells me that the item can not be identified until I have entered Moria.
    I don't have "Seeker of Deep Places" Deed yet though. Will try and get that and see if that helps.

Edit: Confused now?
    According to the LoreBook, Seeker of Deep Places is Vol. II, Book 1, Chapter 13: The Watcher in the Water
    However I completed this (I think) according to my quest log as "Instance - Before the doors of Durin" (objectives 12-14), or is there another Watcher in the Water Quest? (and if there is how do I get there seeing as I can't get back into the Walls of Moria area?)

Edit2: OK now really confused....
    So it seems that I can't get Seeker of Deep Places until I have completed Vol. II, Book 1, Chapters 11 and then 12, but I can't get Chapter 11 until I have completed Chapter 10 which is get the Item identified. But trying to get the item identified is still telling me that "You can not use Legendary Items until you have access to Moria!".

Edit3: Got it!
    Sorry, it seems that the only item that I can have Identified was the one I was given as the Quest reward. I was trying the numerous others that I'd gotten from drops in Southern Eregion.

Confusing, but finally there.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Grapold; Dec 28 2012 at 12:09 PM.

At this point, you can only identify the weapon you earned in Chapter 9: A Weapon of the Elder Days. And, only at either of the two Forge-masters at Rivendell and Thorin's Hall.

Then, you must equip that weapon. And you must keep it equipped until it gains enough experience to reach level 10. You can quest in Eregion, Misty Mountains, Forochel, or anywhere you find non-grey level mobs.

You have to follow the instructions in the quests exactly.

Visit the lotro wiki page for that quest for more information:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...gotten_Lineage

Nope still confused.
    Got the item identified, but now being told to "Slot a Setting Relic in your Weapon".

How?
    Now when I try and select the RelicMaster, (or the ItemMaster again), I get "Using that has no effect" message.

How do I slot a Setting Relic, and where do I get a Setting Relic? It looks like I get the relic from Wafi for completing the quest, but can't complete the quest untill I get the relic and slot it.

Got it at last. Seems the Relic was in my LI Inventory (Shift+I).
    Not very clear, and looking at the comments in the LoreBook, it looks like I'm not the only one that was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Got it at last. Seems the Relic was in my LI Inventory (Shift+I).
    Not very clear, and looking at the comments in the LoreBook, it looks like I'm not the only one that was confused.
    Thank you. I was having the same problem until I came to your post. Felt like a new learning curve again.