We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

UK Player back after a few years away and looking for a friendly RP Kinship

I hope no one minds but I've taken the following format from another posting on the forums - just as valid for this post I think. Basically I'm a returning older player looking for an RP Kinship for my Dwarf hunter and I'd welcome any suggestions/contacts - many thanks in advance!

Your name, or character name and race (if known): Dromwaldin (Level 35 Dwarf Hunter)
    Age: (some kinships have real life age limits) 48 (sigh)
    Preferred server(s), if any. (This is not needed, just for kinship info.): Laurelin Server
    Location. (Timezone preferences if any, state/country, etc.): UK GMT
    Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.): Used to soloing but love to group with friends, keen and long-standing RPer
    MMO games you’ve played: Everquest, FFXI, WoW, GW, SWTOR and GW2. Haven't played LOTRO properly for about 4 years but have fond memories of RP here and would be keen to try and find it again as it is sadly lacking in most other MMOs I've played lately
    Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: At the risk of sounding like I'm applying for a job I would say I bring loyalty, maturity, a sense of fun, a willingness to learn and to be involved and a fair to good understanding of Tolkien's universe.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters):One with fun, sometimes light-hearted storylines to go hand-in-hand with the dramatic storylines that a lot of guilds seem to do to death. A mixed fellowship with reasonable RPers and good organisation. Above all friendly and tolerant. I'm no spring chicken and I'm basically going to have to learn to play my class again as well as brush up my RP skills. For the right guild I'd be happy to roll again and start from scratch - but I insist on playing either a dwarf or a hobbit^^ Other than that I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Aethaanir; Jan 01 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

Hi there Aeth / Dromwaldin and welcome back to LOTRO and Laurelin.

Sanctuary may be the kin you are seeking. You can find more info on us in our forum thread here or just read on for a summary.

We're an old and mature kinship in many ways. Formed when LOTRO was just a twinkle in some dev's eye and a few of us decided we could wait no longer for MEO or LOTRO or whatever it was going to be called (we recently celebrated our 7th birthday). We've been happily ensconced on Laurelin since day 1, with the same leadership and many of the same old friends (you could possibly even lower the average age). We are a relaxed, casual and friendly bunch, being too old and weary for any of that drama nonsense. The only time the mature facade drops and drama can be found is when we do get involved in RP or perhaps when we meet up in RL for a get together (such as a recent kinship gathering to watch the new Hobbit film).

There is often light hearted RP in kin chat and of course at any events or the infrequent gatherings / celebrations we occasionally have. In kinchat you will find plenty of the stale old dwarf vs elf chatter going on (of course I mean the dwarves and elves when I say stale and old, not the RP chatter). Whether that will be enough RP for you is my one slight concern. You yourself will be best able to answer that.

Most evenings and weekends you will find a dozen or so of us online at any time. That will include half a dozen at the level cap working to improve their characters and the rest will be alts or other new members enjoying the levelling experience. So either way you should find plenty of good company and we really do have some great new recruits all enjoying the various levelling areas of the game, supported by an army of alts. There are regular group sessions for the lower levels and for those at the level cap (with raiding opportunities for those so inclined).

Anyway, if your priority is to find a warm, friendly, relaxed and casual atmosphere to make your home then you can't go wrong with Sanctuary. If that is not what you seek then I can only wish you well in finding a new home.

Either way, good luck and safe journey. May the road rise up to meet you...
    Last edited by AnnatarsGift; Jan 03 2013 at 07:52 AM.

Hi AnnatarsGift

Firstly apologies for not replying sooner; having had no responses at all for over a week I had assumed there wouldn't be any so I missed this subsequent response. Many, many thanks for the offer but I shall decline for now. I'm not currently looking for a kin anymore but should that change I shall certainly consider Sanctuary! Many thanks again. Dromwaldin.

Oh haha, I thought let me respond with our recruitment message but you are already in our kin XD

Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear things are working out for you. So long as you are having fun and enjoying the game then that is all that matters.

So for now I will just wish you a long and safe journey here on Laurelin