We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    There is no difference in this topic and the topic of this thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?494563-FarmingThe boxer is nothing but a rank farmer and comm farmer with below average skill and no class. I feel sorry for his or her children for their lack of a good role model.
    Whilst I agree with you 100% in this case Slick, it does seem that you have the polar opposite view based on who is the culprit :P

    Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    A lot of times, I think that folks seem to forget that we are all just people behind a computer screen around the world and that whether a guy ranks or comms legitimately or not will have zero impact on the outcome of an individual's destiny in real life.Nobody is losing sleep over this "incident". Blae's family is not looking down at him in shame because he farmed some comms in a "Game". I don't know if Blae has kids or not, but him farming comms will not translate over to him in how he would raise a family.
    Last edited by wasteland; Jan 01 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    There is no difference in this topic and the topic of this thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?494563-Farming
    The boxer is nothing but a rank farmer and comm farmer with below average skill and no class. I feel sorry for his or her children for their lack of a good role model.
    I wasn't under the impression that LotRO PvMP was a classy ordeal. I'm pretty sure half of us don't wear pants while playing.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathain.o. View Post
    I'm pretty sure half of us don't wear pants while playing.
    That would be your half

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    Whilst I agree with you 100% in this case Slick, it does seem that you have the polar opposite view based on who is the culprit :P
    Perhaps, but my opinion has changed somewhat over time.
    Bigslick

  5. #30
    Bad player(s) relying on numbers to try to win in the moors. Not exactly a new phenomenon.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddyfence View Post
    bad player(s) relying on numbers to try to win in the moors. Not exactly a new phenomenon.
    Stop running to your cliff!

    edit: originally I said hill.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast3569 View Post
    However, if we are fighting and a boxer shows up, there's not much we can do. Please don't lump us all into one group and assume we are all just in it for the ez-moding. We prefer good long fights as they are the most enjoyable, but they are few and far between, especially when lame boxers show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    I will ​not be moving any fight that occurs near a keep just because of the boxer. I don't believe in giving away keeps, so if you're there, and he's there, I'll be there.
    /poor excuses

    If you truly held Multiclienting as a contemptible action, then disengaging the Freep group immediately as the boxer entered the brawl is the respectable thing to do. Boxers are trolled off servers because instead of talking the talk, Creeps walk the walk. Meaning: no aid, no mapping in, no answering call outs, and avoiding the boxer like he is a plague. E Creeps, with special mention of a certain Rank 15 Black Arrow which will rename unnamed |farming Freeps in TR with the boxer|, have sunk to a new low.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.love View Post
    /poor excuses

    If you truly held Multiclienting as a contemptible action, then disengaging the Freep group immediately as the boxer entered the brawl is the respectable thing to do. Boxers are trolled off servers because instead of talking the talk, Creeps walk the walk. Meaning: no aid, no mapping in, no answering call outs, and avoiding the boxer like he is a plague. E Creeps, with special mention of a certain Rank 15 Black Arrow which will rename unnamed |farming Freeps in TR with the boxer|, have sunk to a new low.
    So if I am having a good fight with the freeps, we are all engaged and been going at it for a while, and the boxer walks up I am supposed to stop? Sorry. Aint gonna happen. for one thing, I can garuntee that the freeps wont completely stop fighting and turn on the boxer, and I am not going to let one of my guys/girls die. So sorry if you think that is supporting. But I'm not disengaging from a fight because a boxer walks up

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Some creeps have made it a point not to support the boxer- its been noticed and appreciated. And it has to suck when he shows up and some poor greenie in the wrong place at the wrong time gets caught in aoe and demolished.

    Those who deliberately support the boxer, out of ease of farming, or even if they think its cute to piss off someone just remember the boxer goes both ways.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    just remember the boxer goes both ways.
    This made me lol
    Bigslick

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    Bad player(s) relying on numbers to try to win in the moors. Not exactly a new phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.love View Post
    /poor excuses

    If you truly held Multiclienting as a contemptible action, then disengaging the Freep group immediately as the boxer entered the brawl is the respectable thing to do. Boxers are trolled off servers because instead of talking the talk, Creeps walk the walk. Meaning: no aid, no mapping in, no answering call outs, and avoiding the boxer like he is a plague. E Creeps, with special mention of a certain Rank 15 Black Arrow which will rename unnamed |farming Freeps in TR with the boxer|, have sunk to a new low.
    So we should be expecting your transfers, when again?

    CliffDefence, we've been outnumbered all week long (20-24 Creep raid smashing into 26-40 Freeps) and we're still bringing the fights, and winning. Instead of whining here, why not unify your forces, because from where we're standing, you have been weighed, measured, and been found wanting. #ifyouhitmeI'lljump; #lemmings

    Dr. Lub, since E is so full of despicable Creeps, let's plan for you to transfer so you can live a healthier, more satisfying life. If you can't afford the fee, let me know, and I'll gladly pay it for you, because I can't stand to see people so miserable, especially since this is a GAME and is supposed to be fun. If it's no longer fun for you, then find a new hobby. If I may make a few suggestions based on seeing your posts in these forums: bee collecting; fire juggling; testing the scientific validity of Frogger; or maybe astronomy, because, hey, who doesn't like to look at the stars? (Of course, those pesky constellations could become a problem, but you're smart, I'm sure you'll learn them.) #whinedrinkingTroll; #AnonTrollishowIroll

    Cheers all ;-p
    "If you're smart. You don't want me for an enemy." --Wolverine

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnanimity View Post
    CliffDefence, we've been outnumbered all week long (20-24 Creep raid smashing into 26-40 Freeps) and we're still bringing the fights, and winning
    False

    My response to Yicky got deleted but some creeps got the message. I commend Grizlark for disengaging during an RvR brawl. Precious infamy points don't matter to a few creeps, and Grizlark fled from GTA towards spider den as the boxer showed up. Will creeps learn by example? Only time will tell. It's become painfully obvious that selfish attitudes and refusing to step back because one or two people in your raid may die are encouraging the boxer. It comes down to your preference; winning every brawl with no regard to everyone's enjoyment, or wanting a fair balanced brawl with a healthy consideration of the other sides experience.
    Last edited by dr.love; Jan 18 2013 at 10:23 AM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A mountain of Fire and Ice
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    So if I am having a good fight with the freeps, we are all engaged and been going at it for a while, and the boxer walks up I am supposed to stop? Sorry. Aint gonna happen. for one thing, I can garuntee that the freeps wont completely stop fighting and turn on the boxer, and I am not going to let one of my guys/girls die. So sorry if you think that is supporting. But I'm not disengaging from a fight because a boxer walks up
    Funny thing happened last night. Big creep raid engaged a big freep raid at GTA, it was a good fight until the 6 boxer mapped in and started targeting off the creep raid targets. To my surprise instead of destroying our freep raid the creeps ran off towards the spider lair and let our fraid punish Superfarm. After we dealt with the scrubs' spiders the craid reengaged us at GTA a minute later and we continued a great fight, which the creeps ended up winning. Good points and fun all around and no boxer.

    If an Ohgee/Kug craid can do it, you can as well my friend. Stop being lazy.

    EDIT: There are certainly exceptions, no doubt. As in the case of freeps trying to take a keep or an OP of some sort, sometimes it isn't possible to disengage so easily without being wiped, but it is possible in open field with enough coordination to do so. And I'm fairly certain freeps can recognize when the boxer is left for dead, especially when creeps have a #s advantage.
    Last edited by Hall0Wx; Jan 18 2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnanimity View Post
    CliffDefence, we've been outnumbered all week long (20-24 Creep raid smashing into 26-40 Freeps) and we're still bringing the fights, and winning. Instead of whining here, why not unify your forces, because from where we're standing, you have been weighed, measured, and been found wanting. #ifyouhitmeI'lljump; #lemmings
    When one large group of bad players runs into another large group of bad players, it's almost as if one group of bad players is guaranteed to win even if the numbers are similar. If you think you're able to give us a fight without overwhelming numbers, we can set up some 6v6s or something. And if you think freeps have an advantage in fights with even numbers, we'll gladly take the creep side of that match up.

    Just as a sidenote: I understand that you want to try to talk trash, but since you're a terrible player, nothing you say really carries any weight. It's not so much that you're not good at a game as easy as LOTRO; it doesn't take much to be competent at it, but being bad at LOTRO suggests deeper underlying problems. I would liken LOTRO to tic-tac-toe. Being competent at tic-tac-toe is not a big deal as it is to be expected, but you worry for those that find it difficult and struggle at it. Essentially, you've just reached levels of incompetence that make it hard to take you seriously. #arehashtagsstillfunny?; #werehashtagseverfunny?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall0Wx View Post
    If an Ohgee/Kug craid can do it, you can as well my friend. Stop being lazy.

    sidenote:Kug deserves no credit in this decision
    Yicky's attitude is solely based on lack of priorities. As a Lotro community, we condemn farmers |some don't care|, and take ultimate measures to cease or hinder the practice. Feast your eyes on thishttp://www.theblackappendage.com/for...mer-tyndarious. BAOS took on the duty of burdening a certain freep, who will remain unnamed, because he was gaining ranks through farming. A farmer has no impact on PvMP, he doesn't ruin anyone's experience, but the way he earns is dishonest. A boxer in retrospective cheats in a similar fashion, but DOES impact the community and ruin PvMP experiences for everyone on the opposing sides. Conclusion: 2 forms of cheating, PvMPers go the distance to complain about and stop the one that doesn't effect anyone in PvMP but won't put any effort into stopping the one that does impact PvMP. Reevaluate your priorities and respond accordingly.
    Last edited by dr.love; Jan 18 2013 at 04:27 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    559
    I don't support the boxer when I'm on creepside, but I'm also not going to leave the area where the fight is just because the boxer shows up. For pvp, I play for the side I'm on, which means I give support when I can to anyone who's out for that respective side. This never includes the boxer. Freeps wanna kill it, I'm not healing it. Ever.

    Aside from that, people are gonna play how they wanna play. Farming, boxing, exploiting. Only ones that can stop that are the player or Turbine, and to some degree public opinion of the player base. Personally I'm not going to spend any extra time worrying about it.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload