We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

As in turns out xD

So... im not xffering -.- apparently my request got denied. Brandy must be overpopulated. Owell, im stuck on DD.

Maybe ill Pick up Gw2...

Headed to Vegas/colorado for a week. cya all after!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutzag22 View Post
    So... im not xffering -.- apparently my request got denied. Brandy must be overpopulated. Owell, im stuck on DD.

Maybe ill Pick up Gw2...

Headed to Vegas/colorado for a week. cya all after!

GW2 <3

10char

its all because i have a hunter on brandy named atador which was before u were xffering xD
    U will never leave DD :P

So... im not xffering -.- apparently no one wants me to transfer because they think i suck. Owell, i like being praised and treated like a god on DD.
    fix it for ya buddy
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

GOOD! you're stuck! haha, jk

But seriously.. we can't afford to lose another hunter who actually knows what they're doing

Ata, I'll be playing gw2 after all, so join us lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    fix it for ya buddy
    Fantos, I think you have it mixed up. I think that is how you WISH you were treated. And unfortunately that is not the case.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Do it, GW2 is an amazing game
    Alohire 85 Rk R7 - Elowir 75 Warden - Alowir 75 captain
    Rilowe R8 warg - Anorel R6 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Fantos, I think you have it mixed up. I think that is how you WISH you were treated. And unfortunately that is not the case.
    ^truth at its best
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

GW2's PvP (or WvW) is incredibly fun
    ---
    Nine lvl 85's, and people only want to run GB's...

Quote Originally Posted by FreaverDoomsie View Post
    Ata, I'll be playing gw2 after all, so join us lolololol
    Dooms your playing GW2 o.0? they suckered you in?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Cool

Yes, and you're next. You can REJOIN Ainur(Valor) once more.

Theres a ranger class awaiting.

Less than three~ Thunderboltz, the Elite.
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Jan 03 2013 at 01:34 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

Gw2 meta any better or same old shatter mesmer, backstab thief, bunker guardian shenanigans going on? I played a nasty bunkerbuster necro and crapped on the thiefs but it just wasn't doing it for me. Meta game was too predictable. Come back to Lotro on your freeps. It's no longer a faceroll and suddenly all the freeps dissapear :/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f8df2/signature.png]Iliketurtles[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Torqky View Post
    Gw2 meta any better or same old shatter mesmer, backstab thief, bunker guardian shenanigans going on? I played a nasty bunkerbuster necro and crapped on the thiefs but it just wasn't doing it for me. Meta game was too predictable. Come back to Lotro on your freeps. It's no longer a faceroll and suddenly all the freeps dissapear :/
    See, that all sounds great... except for a few problems.
    1. I still have to grind levels on my freep to get all the way, and unlike gw2 that takes far too long.
    2. Even if I do grind all of the levels, I need to get good gear, and farm virtues.
    3. To accomplish many of these things, I will have to pay money that I don't have right now.
    4. Even if I get everything in order, I will have to subscribe to play a freep in the moors.

I paid for gw2 once, and I'm good to go (granted they may get meaner with jewels in the near future), but even so, it's an enjoyable game that is not breaking my bank. I know this applies to just my personal situation, but as long as I will need to pay to freep, and there being no real point in creeping, I'm out. I loved the changes that RoR made honestly, it made the moors far more enjoyable when there was action. But alack and alas.

They added a new spvp map, and I think were experimenting with a ctf mode (snowball mayhem). Maybe if they make some big changes soon, you will join us?

Good luck to the moors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

Cool

In response to Torqky, not meant to offend anyone! :O

Since I'm still playing both GW2 and LOTRO, I have fun on both, but in distinct ways. GW2, by the game itself, on LOTRO/DD, with the community which I <3. Also by mimicking the "large fish in a small pond" mentality that most seem to have around here (maybe thats why GW2 isn't for everyone?).

However predictable fail's on GW2 might be, at least the fight goes somewhere and is on equal footing for the most part (depending on players). Unlike DD's endless cycles of rez camping by creeps, fights that go nowhere with x# of healers, and large enough freep groups that rather sit and hug npcs. I mean I know MPvP is not meant to be balanced, but Turbine exaggerates in the way they throw this at our faces. I doubt any of (Ainur's freeps at least) will return to this "kiddie" (as one called it) pvp.

As for your question, I think GW2 overall gets better with every monthly update, Fractals of the Mists imo was just brilliant.
    And Torqky, I believe when you where playing we where missing a community (and LiF was not it), maybe give Valor a try?

P.S.
    @Revan, the point of creeping is for me to farm Fantos.
    Open invite to join my elite tribe, Tribe to Farm Fantos. PST.

Less than Three~ Thunderboltz, the Elite.
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Jan 03 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post
    Unlike DD's endless cycles of rez camping by creeps, fights that go nowhere with x# of healers, and large enough freep groups that rather sit and hug npcs.
    Tell me when there's been large enough freep groups? We all know there hasn't been much of those since RoR. And honestly, can you blame us when we do hug NPCs? At any given time in the moors when freeps are out, creeps have at least twice our numbers. I agree that neither side SHOULD hug NPCs. But when we're vastly outnumbered, do we really have a choice? Would you rather us sit out while you farm us endlessly or have us hug NPCs and still get infamy/renown flowing on each side? I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely choose the latter.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Tell me when there's been large enough freep groups? We all know there hasn't been much of those since RoR. And honestly, can you blame us when we do hug NPCs? At any given time in the moors when freeps are out, creeps have at least twice our numbers. I agree that neither side SHOULD hug NPCs. But when we're vastly outnumbered, do we really have a choice? Would you rather us sit out while you farm us endlessly or have us hug NPCs and still get infamy/renown flowing on each side? I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely choose the latter.
    lol at this...its been very very very even these past few weeks..then again i get what youre saying about when youre outnumbered..i know i wouldnt want to keep running out and getting farmed when i could sit in my nice warm keep

Cool

"Would you rather us sit out while you farm us endlessly" - Jonp, Yes please that sounds nice. JK I wont step down to a farmer's level. Even for me, that's just low. We all know the only one farmed by me is Fantos.

In my previous post:
    Notice how I didn't use the word raid. I was very careful about that. And keep in mind I didn't say I have something against npc hugging, if the situation calls for it, for either side, it will happen. I was describing examples of typical pvp "action". Was I wrong?

What I mean by a "large enough group" is, any number of freeps grouped or not, at a certain location and time, who have the means to counter assault the creeps, but choose to stay in the nice warm keep.
    I'm not saying creeps are innocent, just happens more frequently with freeps.

P.S.
    Fantos would love it if Jonnyp joined my tribe.

Less than three~ Commander Thunderboltz Honeynutcheerios
    Last edited by mgm1o1; Jan 03 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Thunder farms me 24/7

Yes. Ian, Staissi, Thundercloudz, and Zulubeast are also playing with us now. As well as all the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mgm1o1 View Post
    Theres a ranger class awaiting.
    Previously I couldn't recommend the Ranger class, since everyone I knew who played it had hated it. But we do have two players that play it now which would be able to offer good specs that won't make it painful, if someone opted to play one.

I assume you're talking about hot join Structured PvP. That game mode has never appealed to me, since I preferred the instanced PvP offered by SWTOR and so far haven't found another game that lives up to that. Tournaments could be fun, but they tend to necessitate a team with a fairly static roster (due to how strong combo fields are). Some of our players may be forming such teams in the near future if there's more interest, but I have other priorities.

Our main focus is on WvW, which is more equivocal to the 'moors than sPvP. The one thing the moors has done well is provide a platform for "duels", but as far as I'm aware it hasn't provided any underlying motivation to think in higher terms. We enjoy not only the individual components, but also the group tactical meta, and the overall strategic meta. When we ran in LOTRO, our tactics were met with no counters, and there was no need for any overall strategy or coordination between guilds. So we choose to kick &ss and take names where we can play on multiple competitive levels. Also, actual sieges and next to irrelevant NPCs.

----

In LOTRO news, did Presdas seriously re-roll another Captain on this server? Pres, why so noob?
    Last edited by Jacbo; Jan 04 2013 at 01:29 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    When we ran in LOTRO, our tactics were met with no counters, and there was no need for any overall strategy or coordination between guilds.
    Lol the "tactics" of coming out in raid formation against unorganized rabble, ignoring the major differences in DPS, HPS, coordination, and class synergy. Its called the Mindless Faceroll, and it was a big reason I played creep mostly.
    ----

In LOTRO news, did Presdas seriously re-roll another Captain on this server? Pres, why so noob?
    Nope just same one I always had, got sucked back in when I saw the Hobbit. 6/10 if you haven''t seen btw.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Yes. Ian, Staissi, Thundercloudz, and Zulubeast are also playing with us now. As well as all the previous ones.

Previously I couldn't recommend the Ranger class, since everyone I knew who played it had hated it. But we do have two players that play it now which would be able to offer good specs that won't make it painful, if someone opted to play one.

Yea, a lot of people from Dwarrowdelf have GW2 and I encourage any and all of them to leave our fail guild on Darkhaven and come to IoJ and apply for Valor. I just joined last night, but can tell it's active and since they love WvW and I love WvW, its pretty solid. (Aka Eomen, Mimbo, Lythiea, Pat, Atador, Aktis, Gall, assorted derps)

Ranger is just balls deep the best. Using pets effectively is one of the coolest things I've found from it and is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulubeast View Post
    Yea, a lot of people from Dwarrowdelf have GW2 and I encourage any and all of them to leave our fail guild on Darkhaven and come to IoJ and apply for Valor. I just joined last night, but can tell it's active and since they love WvW and I love WvW, its pretty solid. (Aka Eomen, Mimbo, Lythiea, Pat, Atador, Aktis, Gall, assorted derps)

Ranger is just balls deep the best. Using pets effectively is one of the coolest things I've found from it and is quite fun.
    Zulu i killed your hunter or ranger with my derp gear and you had all epics and orb! L2P noob! Thunder watched on his 36 burglar or thief or watever its called trololol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f8df2/signature.png]Iliketurtles[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    Lol the "tactics" of coming out in raid formation against unorganized rabble, ignoring the major differences in DPS, HPS, coordination, and class synergy. Its called the Mindless Faceroll, and it was a big reason I played creep mostly.
    So basically what I said, no? Group meta in constructing a build that's hard to take down is all part of the game. So is communicating. We never even had to try anything fancy because simple baits and charges worked swimmingly. I believe Creeps always had access to tribes, and could have VoIP for those tribes. The conscious or unconscious decisions to make poor usage of those possibilities was part of the reason we went to look for better competition (and a better platform).

Also, I'm pretty sure you rolled a Reaver. So you left Mindless Faceroll due to outgunning or outmaneuvering to Mindless Faceroll due to simplistic class mechanics and numerical advantage. Troll better Pres, and come play with us before you become any more old and bitter like Zid... he's the only one that has the antidote that keeps grumpy levels in check. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Also, I'm pretty sure you rolled a Reaver. So you left Mindless Faceroll due to outgunning or outmaneuvering to Mindless Faceroll due to simplistic class mechanics and numerical advantage. Troll better Pres, and come play with us before you become any more old and bitter like Zid... he's the only one that has the antidote that keeps grumpy levels in check. :P
    Not a troll, I went to the side that needed help. It also happens to not require a grind of any kind, its low maintenance is what kept me around the game.

I had a longer response but its irrelevant and I'd wager both us really could care less, besides you already know my views on what we did here. Regardless, I will endeavor to make a vent appearance at some point over the next few weeks.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast