We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Some Questions About Solo Play

Greetings all!

I am considering taking Captain as my first class in this game, but I wanted to know some things first. Namely:

1. How well does this class stand up to other classes in spars? (1v1 PvP) What are the classes do the captain excel against, and what classes are the captain's weakpoints? Are they any classes that captain simply cannot take down? (Assuming equal gear & skill)

2. How well does this class do tackling harder content solo? One of my favorite things to do in MMO's is solo content that is meant for group-play.

Thanks for any advice you guys are willing to share! ^^b

I can't answer the first question as I don't PvP.

But for the second one...I almost entirely solo my Captain. I really haven't had much of a problem tackling content by myself as he can debuff, heal, and do some decent dps all by himself. Some of the harder stuff is a lot slower and takes a lot more planning (and I tend to rely on my herald quite a bit).
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

You have to to know when to fight or when to run! but you can get out of Dodge pretty quick or you can burn all your cd'smade it out alive once with 1 morale!lol!

As far as soloing in PvE (instances) goes captain stands very well.
    When it comes to captain a good thing is that the dps line with dps gear played right produces most self heals. So captains so not solo things that slow as many might think.

A warden will be able to do harder things than you, especially things where mobs are numerous but the medium difficulty things atabout the same speed, probably even slower than you.

A champ will be able to what you can, maybe a little more, only a bit faster.

A mini will be able to do what you can, maybe a little more or less depending on the instance, only a bit slower on average.

All other classes are below in soloing medium to difficult things to solo.

As far as 1v1 PvP goes if you are geared and play best you can you have your chances against a high ranked/skilled warg or BA, not many chances (but you could find some) against high ranked/skilled reavers and weavers and a prospect of extremely long fights against high ranked/skilled WLs and Defilers. These last ones you can try to blow up with blade-broed pet and you can always suprise them with your blue traits and even win a power fight against a defiler with improved flies.

If you ment spars against freeps i only did that a little bit so i can not give a good answer.
    There are many variables here i think:
    - sparring outside or in moors (especially against CC classes)
    - leaving ranged classes space or starting melee
    - various traitlines and tactics a freep class can take

If you ask me I would rather concern myself how i do against creeps.

Anyway, this class is a very fun one to master in those aspects. I like to solo very much. But if you play this class you will also come to love group content a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    As far as soloing in PvE (instances) goes captain stands very well.
    When it comes to captain a good thing is that the dps line with dps gear played right produces most self heals. So captains so not solo things that slow as many might think.

A warden will be able to do harder things than you, especially things where mobs are numerous but the medium difficulty things atabout the same speed, probably even slower than you.

A champ will be able to what you can, maybe a little more, only a bit faster.

A mini will be able to do what you can, maybe a little more or less depending on the instance, only a bit slower on average.

All other classes are below in soloing medium to difficult things to solo.

As far as 1v1 PvP goes if you are geared and play best you can you have your chances against a high ranked/skilled warg or BA, not many chances (but you could find some) against high ranked/skilled reavers and weavers and a prospect of extremely long fights against high ranked/skilled WLs and Defilers. These last ones you can try to blow up with blade-broed pet and you can always suprise them with your blue traits and even win a power fight against a defiler with improved flies.

If you ment spars against freeps i only did that a little bit so i can not give a good answer.
    There are many variables here i think:
    - sparring outside or in moors (especially against CC classes)
    - leaving ranged classes space or starting melee
    - various traitlines and tactics a freep class can take

If you ask me I would rather concern myself how i do against creeps.

Anyway, this class is a very fun one to master in those aspects. I like to solo very much. But if you play this class you will also come to love group content a lot.
    This is not the best class for soloing in PvP. Every creep class except the Stalker and Warleader has an "instant win" skill or tactic they can use against Captains, and even then Stalkers and Warleaders can ALWAYS get away from you if they know they're going to lose. It can be very frustrating at times.

On the other hand if you're grouped with a Lore-master, the two of you can take on a number of creeps that would wipe most fellowships
    Last edited by GeorgeBaggy; Dec 26 2012 at 05:31 PM.