We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Talking Breathing Life into Silverload - Ideas and Suggestions

How can we make our server less dead?

Please post suggestions / comments in this thread:

Here are a couple suggestions:

1 - Use the AH - try keeping 5/5 up if you have a premium account, more for VIPs
    2 - Say something in regional chat. Anything.
    3 - There seems to be a huge void of toons from level 15-85. This means that people might decide the game is too hard to play or that the server sucks. Try helping out other low level players if you are higher. Invite noobs to your kinship on a trial basis.

These are just a couple ideas to get started.

Let's rev up this server a little. It will make the game more fun to play.

Cool More

*occasionally place crafting components at an affordable price for low level characters on the auction house. Ex: Bronze Ingots are going for anywhere between 65-85 silver per bar - if your wallet is rather fat and you can spare, drop a couple stacks on the house for 10-15 per bar.
    *merge kinships for the sake of end-game raid content.
    *encourage active kinships to actively recruit. you can always use a couple more subs, if nothing else.
    *post in the silverlode server forums. believe it or not, people make decisions on what server to roll based on post count.
    *mass recruitment through other websites - something like "if looking for a good home, try silverlode" - tentonhammer, reddit/r/lotro, etc. would be suggested sites.
    */dance more in public.
    */rude more in public.

This game has been around for a long time now so it's just the nature of things that more people are at (or close to) cap than somewhere in between. Harwick, Hytbold and Snowbourn especially usually have large amounts of people hanging around. I know my kin has seen a lot more activity since the expansion hit, with a lot of old names returning to the game.

One thing I've been doing is trying to hang around in Bree more on my capped toons. It's a much more useful area now that it's been revamped (plus it looks better). I never really had the same experience in this game, but I remember back in the day when I first started playing WoW on Horde side, when I got my Tauren warrior to Orgrimmar I was blown away by all of the awesome level 60 toons standing around looking awesome in raid armor. Just being around veteran players and wanting to do the cool things they were doing was a big factor in me sticking it out and getting a couple of toons to cap, raiding and PvPing quite a bit in that game. Now that Bree is worth hanging out in again, maybe having a lot more high level toons there will be inspirational to new players just getting to Bree for the first time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Certainly isn't dead in my cornder of Silverlode. There is TOO much to do even.

With Ost Dunhoth being made scalable, 2013 looks to be more exciting than ever!

I would suggest that more kinships should have websites to visit, and general forums for anyone to post. Kinships that don't seem more fly-by-night, and can't be searched on Google.

Cool And then...

Thank you both for contributing to the discussion.

What are some other ideas out there?? Don't be shy there are no wrong answers.

i think if turbine introduced a panda race and a monk class there would be many more people to play with.

(see, there are wrong answers)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

In-Game Events

I think more in-game events, such as the Landroval New Year's party that was posted in our forum. We could do races through low-level areas, concerts, fireworks displays, etc. Have them advertised on the forums and in-game at some of the major hubs, not just the new player areas. We could possibly come up with something fun that would incorporate the chicken/horse session play as well.

I would really like to see a war-steed race from Bree to maybe Rivendell (or beyond). I know it's a little less open because you'd have to have a war-steed and of course in order to "compete" you'd have to spend points to get your mount speed up, but I'd love to see the difference in times between a non-warsteed mount and an actual warsteed. Could be fun.

In-game Events (Reprise)

This past July (2012), Lords of Brotherhood hosted their first annual Parade of Homes 4th of July event, which actually fell on the weekend after the 4th. This was a HUGE success, and it drew loads of attention from all corners of the server. Having been the organizer of the event, I wouldn't mind organizing another one for some time before the actual event.

If you're down for contributing or talking about maybe putting this together with me, mail or PM in-game on Pipbo or Sibastian. I can't promise I'll get back to you right away, but I will ASAP.

Cheers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000028bc08/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I can involve the kin I am in. Just send mail to Camgilnel. I always up for some fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000002ab0a3/signature.png]Camgilnel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tyene View Post
    I think more in-game events, such as the Landroval New Year's party that was posted in our forum. We could do races through low-level areas, concerts, fireworks displays, etc. Have them advertised on the forums and in-game at some of the major hubs, not just the new player areas. We could possibly come up with something fun that would incorporate the chicken/horse session play as well.
    A couple years ago (before I took a hiatus) I threw a Halloween party with help from another toon and the kin Don't Tempt Me Frodo and also dabbled in trying to throw RP parties in the Prancing Pony before my life got too crazy to keep a decent schedule. Now all my old friends are into raiding with a closed group, I work regular hours, and I have this little spare kin with a house sitting around and I'm seriously considering leaving one of my capped toons with my old friends and pulling the others into this kin and making it an active kin for party planning and events. By which I mean throwing parties for LOTRO Fashion Week and Halloween and New Years.

The question is, if I do this, will anyone here actually step up to join the kin and help? I'm going to post something in the Kinships subforum about this as soon as I write something up for it, but I thought I'd toss it out here too since obviously I'm NOT the only one wanting more player involvement. I'm not asking for your main, just an alt you log on to regularly and some time each week to plan events.

Eta: So I probably should mention that I can be contacted on either of my mains (Hortensia or Hildewyn) or on Anorras who I've been leveling lately. The kin in question is The Academy and once I get another Officer I'll be moving most of my toons into The Academy. They're just kind of stuck since all the old officers left the game.
    Last edited by SailorVee; Mar 04 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001bc373/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SailorVee View Post
    Eta: So I probably should mention that I can be contacted on either of my mains (Hortensia or Hildewyn) or on Anorras who I've been leveling lately. The kin in question is The Academy and once I get another Officer I'll be moving most of my toons into The Academy. They're just kind of stuck since all the old officers left the game.
    Traitor!

I kid, of course. If you manage to get this off the ground, I'll see if I can get Cesela and Chastine to become more active on Silverlode again. Don't Tempt Me Frodo has gone pretty inactive since they discovered Landroval and ran into some real life commitments, but I think if you managed to get something going again they'd be back.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Good to know! I got Hortensia moved over to The Academy and recruited two whole people, so I'm all in. Anyone who wants in let me know and I'll get you recruited. Once I have a few more people in we'll see about planning something small just to see what happens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001bc373/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]