We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't think the drop rate is a problem to be honest. I've done many runs myself where no one got anything at all other than a bounty. I don't think it is boring or old. yes the content is older but not boring. I also think it's great that some people who never experienced it before are doing so now due to the scaling. Locks would be good for lots of reasons.. main one being for groups to progress without having to start over. A friend of mine ingame did BG T1 and yet wiped at final boss. But it was his first time. After wiping several times, they gave up. Unfotunately they will have to start over again another day. Had there been locks, they could have simply resumed where they left off... at the final boss. Not having locks will discourage new raiders. That's a negative.

- subjective conclusions about a crude/rudimentary monetary system is just totally worthless lol. your opinion is just another fish in the sea, no offense. even if it was based on logic, there are loopholes, inflation, etc. youre misattributing things here.

- i don't get what the generalized elitist raider comments have to do with the loot system in new BG being good/bad. enlighten me?

- conclusions using individual aspects of a previous raid are also meaningless. instead of talking about the loot in new BG using old BG as a reference, you should have instead talked about character progression as a whole, since comparing it to a previous state of the game doesn't make much sense without writing an essay on it.

new BG difficulty even on t2/hm isn't hard seeing as everyone already knows the strats, so the real point being debated here is how easily/fast people should be able to gear up in time for the next raid. i think the LI system has always been unenjoyable, so i say keep it how it is. i also don't think it will have much impact on the upcoming raid anyway

2c

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    I don't think the drop rate is a problem to be honest. I've done many runs myself where no one got anything at all other than a bounty. I don't think it is boring or old. yes the content is older but not boring. I also think it's great that some people who never experienced it before are doing so now due to the scaling. Locks would be good for lots of reasons.. main one being for groups to progress without having to start over. A friend of mine ingame did BG T1 and yet wiped at final boss. But it was his first time. After wiping several times, they gave up. Unfotunately they will have to start over again another day. Had there been locks, they could have simply resumed where they left off... at the final boss. Not having locks will discourage new raiders. That's a negative.
    i would recommend an optional lock system, but in all honesty, i can't see turbine implementing that without some broken or exploitable mechanic
    Last edited by BeautyExists; Dec 26 2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands

I think that farming the new 85 rescaled instance it's not only insane, but also unusefull. In the last week I did few BG full runs, few SG full runs and several BG first boss runs (since it's very easy to find a group for that) and my loot was simply nothing. In all the runs severals persons won symbols and crystals. I opened about 30 chest in the new istance and I'm quite close to 100 kills of Bugud (with my 4 charapters), also in that case without any interesting loot. This simply will kill this game.
    It seems that only if you're lucky you will find good loot. I tried to ask to GM some info, but the loot rules are not available as far as they told me. In this situation, really no sense for the "unlucky guys" to go raiding. T2 challanged istance are quite difficult. But the loot will be always linked to the loot rules I think. So, thinking that to find something usefull in T2 challange mode it can be needed for me to run more than 30 runs, the T2 challanged istance are really not attractive.
    I think I will stop soon playing this game.
    Last edited by etrurica; Dec 26 2012 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etrurica View Post
    So, thinking that to find something usefull in T2 challange mode it can be needed for me to run more than 30 runs, the T2 challanged istance are really not attractive.
    This is hardly new. I lost count of the times I ran Halls of Crafting for an earring that could drop at the last boss or Warg Pens for a cloak that could drop from the 2nd boss... or the map pocket item from DG skirmishes.. or caster bracelet from Roots of Fangorn ... or a nice bracelet from ToO I think most people have a story like this too. At least with BG you don't have a weekly lock on it meaning you don't have to wait 30 weeks. :P
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

Second age symbols have dropped from 300 gold to like 60 gold over the last few days. However I don't see how it is a bad thing. Players who play a lot get symbols for their alts and players who don't do instances can buy them off the AH. Win, win. Crystals of remembrance you don't need to pay 1000 tp. THANK GOD! Skirmish marks? They were IMPOSSIBLE to acquire before, now you can actually work towards your T9 relics, upgrade skirm soldiers and buy scrolls of EMP. Imo, this is not too many marks cause I still haven't even finished 1 of 9 toons with the above mark usage mentioned.

Overall it is something we aren't used to and I understand the people disliking it and liking it. However in a week or 2 when you will see it die down - people are human beings and you can't run it forever all day lol.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    This is hardly new. I lost count of the times I ran Halls of Crafting for an earring that could drop at the last boss or Warg Pens for a cloak that could drop from the 2nd boss... or the map pocket item from DG skirmishes.. or caster bracelet from Roots of Fangorn ... or a nice bracelet from ToO I think most people have a story like this too. At least with BG you don't have a weekly lock on it meaning you don't have to wait 30 weeks. :P
    I said somethig sligthly different. I also spend many many runs to take single objects. But now my perception is that I will need to spend toons of runs to take something good, not necessary what I'm looking for.
    It's true that globally speaking the new loot system is giving symbols and crystals, but it's not necessary true for all the players. In particular in my case is not true.
    Barterable token for the reward will be the solution of my present problem. And if the token rewards will be well belanced it can also solve the farming problem.

This loot system is good for the game.

Any change now would punish people who believed the Devs when they said this was intended and weren't running this non-stop.

I don't see how this is a bad thing besides yes people just going to farm the first boss instead of a full clear run. Now if you are mad because others are farming, I would say the same thing I say to those who are against farming in the moors, Turbine allows it. So it is not an exploit, the second thing is that I doubt you are paying any one subscription to tell them otherwise. I am not farming in the moors, but I am not one to judge since I do about 12 BG farming runs a day now and I hope Turbine does the same thing when they scale OD.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessEternal View Post
    This loot system is good for the game.

Any change now would punish people who believed the Devs when they said this was intended and weren't running this non-stop.
    +1

Finally we can gear our alts without endless grind of skirmraids where u had like 5% for item for your class ofc if it dropped

Now i dont have to do zillion skirmishes for scrolls of empoverment and other stuff like that

Now i can finally gear alts and ahve some fun as well

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Crystals are a more rare drop and you need a ton more of them than symbols, so I can't see the market really getting flooded with those even with Zergchest farming going on.
    You can get dozens of crystals by farming school/lib

Farming all the day just the first boss of a raid to get all possible loot has no sense at all
    Last time I wanted to go further, impossible : the leader wanted to do it 25 times in a row with his kin (he already got several symbols for him and his friends)...
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 28 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordvin View Post
    So we are now seeing the future:

We just need one instance with three bosses and everybody will farm the first one for hours. Should be easy for the devs, they can cancel the second part of the cluster - one Instance to farm the first boss for the 1st age symbol will just be enough.

At the moment it is not possible to find a group for the complete instance but you can join 3-4 farm raids all day long on my server.
    Continuing with Hordvin's sarcasm,

Better yet, just get rid of the second and third bosses. One boss, get rid of trash pulls put a chest in an arena like SH. DO this for the next 3-4 expansions - will cut develpment costs especially as only one instance is needed. Sounds great.....and unfortunately time to leave.

This isn't the game I look forward to, but perhaps to most others it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    No need for that sort of passive aggressive exchange. There is truth in what he said.

The raiding communities have all dwindled in the past few years. Disbanded, quit raiding or just left the game altogether. The ones who have left and are leaving are not the MMO jumpers who switch monthly for new "flavours". They were the raiders who have been here long enough to know the current state of raiding content can only be described as pathetic. They jumped ship because it was sinking.

According to your join date, you have been playing the game almost since its launch. So unless you took a massive break between Mines of Moria and Rise of Isengard, you should already know the things I am about to say. I'll do it anyway.

Siege of Mirkwood launched in December 2009 with one raid instance; Barad Guldur. Until the transition to Free-to-Play in September 2010, that was the only level cap raid. The raiding community had 10 months to play with Barad Guldur. Even after that, no new raid was released. What broke the tedium was something even more tedious: scaled instances. The players were given Helegrod to play with. An instance that had already been the only level cap instance during level 50 until October 2007. Basically, something even more stale than Barad Guldur was at that point. The new raid, Ost Dunhoth, arrived in March 2011, marking the end of the wait at 16 months.

Skip to Rise of Isengard, September 2011. Launched with one bug ridden lair raid that lost its novelty real fast. Managed to fill the gap with a reward readjustment in skirmish raids. December 2011, release of the Tower of Orthanc raid. 12 months ago. A nice, proper raid. Also the last new raid we got. No new raids since then. Riders of Rohan; launch with zero raids. The only ones on the horizon are at least 2 months away. Supposedly.

No sane person who experienced the drought of 2010 could possibly like Barad Guldur right now. Sure, it has the nostalgia value, but zero novelty. It's old. It's easy. It's boring. It offers rewards, but that's all it offers. Only the players who started raiding after Free-to-Play could possibly be enjoying Barad Guldur as if it was new. The rest of the raiders have either quit or are waiting for February.
    +rep sir, you brought my point across much better than I could.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's not surprising at all, that the upcoming raids have only one boss
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2721800000026c6da/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    Hey It's fun to have the shiny, makes you feel like a kid on Christmas day but this just feels wrong somehow. People are going nuts farming BD/Durchest T1 .. maybe there needs to be bi-weekly locks or even weekly locks like the skirmishes have where you can still do the raid but no loot, only marks, meds? Sure we could farm Foundry too but BG is supposed to be a raid! It's also extremely EASY to do. The value of symbols and everything else has taken a big nosedive as some are farming 20 to 100 times a day! Personally I think it hurts the game. I hope it stops soon.
    What if some people enjoy Barad Guldur every day? What is the reasoning behind reducing drop rates? What is the reasoning to make a content less enjoyable, making it more difficult to access to and less rewarding? Imo there are no good reasons. Secondly February is near, you'll get your other raid experience.
    Next, how would you react if someone picked your favourite feature and reduced arbitrarily the frequency according to which you could enjoy it? Your suggestions totally are leading to that. That's selfish. If you are fed up with Barad, wait until February, but do not ask for worsening its state...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    90% of the real raiders don't play this game anymore, the f2p loot noobz who are actually running the content right now are having a blast.
    90% of the "real raiders" didn't level past 78, got stripped of their officer tag from their 3rd kin in 3 months, and are now playing Hello Kitty. Just ask em. :-)
    Adaaon (Minstrel)
    The Noldor of Arkenstone - an end-game raiding kinship

There is nothing wrong to have something like this to cover a big part of the LI work.

You get your symbols, marks and crystals here. And some teals to cover your slots. Nothing more. The world is not shaken, only some prices are reduced.

The real raiders mentioned here would also like this as a way of getting their LIs done, only they could not help to repeatedly let everyone know how easy and beneath them this is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Aohh View Post
    What if some people enjoy Barad Guldur every day? What is the reasoning behind reducing drop rates? What is the reasoning to make a content less enjoyable, making it more difficult to access to and less rewarding? Imo there are no good reasons. Secondly February is near, you'll get your other raid experience.
    Next, how would you react if someone picked your favourite feature and reduced arbitrarily the frequency according to which you could enjoy it? Your suggestions totally are leading to that. That's selfish. If you are fed up with Barad, wait until February, but do not ask for worsening its state...
    I'm slightly annoyed by the amount of Durchest farming going on, but the real issue is that the whole thing is scaleable. In every future expansion, people are going to be facerolling their way through Durchest zergs within a week of a level cap increase so that they will have all of their 2nd age symbols right away. It will basically cut out a significant chunk of the gear progression in all future expansions. This will only be made much, much worse if scaled OD drops 1st age symbols.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

I really doubt, that a scaled instance will drop 1st age symbols. OD will get some nice golden items, but surely no 1st age symbols. And Durchest-farming would be far less in demand, if the new (non-scaled) raids were already released and drop 1st age symbols (like Orthanc did).

So, in my opinion Durchest farming is only a quick way to prepare yourself for the new raids. But since these come middle February at the earliest, it's not really necessary to do this. I already got three symbols through Bugud and until February, you'll easily get three crystals from other instances/skirmishes, too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2721800000026c6da/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bastiat1 View Post
    90% of the "real raiders" didn't level past 78, got stripped of their officer tag from their 3rd kin in 3 months, and are now playing Hello Kitty. Just ask em. :-)
    What are you still doing here!?

Having fun running BG some more? We only did it 1000 times, hah.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

BG after RoR was my first raid.
    I suck as a captain. I hate stupid people- i am still 90 res away from the ressurection class deed.
    I am a soloer- before RoR i was running T2 duo skymir, without epic cloacks or necklaces.
    I have a wife and a kid and here is no way both of them gave me 2h of freedom to improved.
    My server has a low population- i couldnt run limlight gorge for lack of people and time.
    With the farm-able BG i can join the RAID 24x7.
    I still suck as a captain, one of the 2 raids i run got wiped because i did not realized that i was the only captain on the second run, but the time and effort my fellow coleagues in the RAId invest are so small that a wipe does not make them hate me forever, as for example, when some idiot RK got killed when questing in the North Downs years ago and blamed me for hours..

So thank turbine for a fast, quick and desirable RAID content. BG could be harder. But what people here complaim- the farming, is exactly what has finally allowed me to join RAIDs- quick and fast groups 24x7.

I disagree- we still farm Bugud, and every class has some skiraid that must be farmed to obtain the correct teal jewel. As a captain i am still looking for 11 friends to farm knigfht's platinum stud, and these drop on Adlan campaign, some of the fastest skyrmraids, but that happen only on weekend on my server, if that much.

So let BG farming continue- it will improved my captain skills, my lv85 LIs and my friends list. Maybe if the farming continues i will find another 11 captains to farm the knigfht's platinum stud.

For me, it's just about right. I can't be on all day so the times I have been able to get in a pug durchest run have been about maybe 10-15 times so far. And from those pug's I've only gotten starlit crystals. Some people have more RNG luck.

The only problem I have is that it has decreased the amount of people running skirmish raids, which still have some of the best jewelry. If they'd change the loot in the skraids to be like durchest, where everyone has a chance at symbols, crystals, etc., then I think it would fix everything and people wouldn't be so fixated on one instance. People would be more willing to do different skraids as they'd have the same chance at the same loot and rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    This is hardly new. I lost count of the times I ran Halls of Crafting for an earring that could drop at the last boss or Warg Pens for a cloak that could drop from the 2nd boss...
    We still farm NCF and STH for relics, runes and stat legs - difference is we do it 2-man or solo
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I have gotten a bit frustrated with this as no one wants to do the new instances. Even as a healer its virtually impossible to find two people in GLFF who want to do the 3mans. I'm not one who want to just go in because its easy loot. Instead I want to do an instance, heal, and have some fun. Odd thing is that its now easier for me to find groups in GB and GA for my 30ish RK than it is to find the groups for the new 3mans.

My concern is that it's actually way too easy to get everything now. The only thing left that's hard to get is the new orange class drops. I mean, it's no fun when there's nothing to aim for. I'm always looking for people who want to run t2c SG, the new 3mans or full BG, but it's astounding how few groups run anything else than Durchest now. You're lucky if you find a group that even runs the usual skraids...

That's why I think there should be a lock on BG, at least nerf the t1 drops.

Durchest is not the reason people don't want to run 3-mans. The poor loot drop rate and chests not spawning are the reason for low interest in the 3-mans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast