We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    There are two problems:

1. no locks - that makes any instance farmable
    2. Tier 1 and Tier 2 share the same loot table - making it useless to do T2 (esp. since Durchest is done in 10mins T1).

It's an interesting situation with many different ways of looking at it, though i'll try to look at the bigger picture..
    From my point of view all of the gear in BG is poor, however starlit crystals, crystals of remembrance & relic removal scrolls are an absolute must, so from that perspective it's a super easy & a quick way to farm for those items, not forgetting medallions, marks & seals - also a necessity from my side.

For me, the only item in the game that was a pain to obtain in terms of time & effort was scrolls of empowerment.
    With no locks or weekly challenge quests in BG or any of the new/revamped spaces, this is no longer an issue, the amount of seals, medallions, marks & cash i have already acquired since the update has been insane.

Now i hate to say it, but the ease in which the above items are now obtained kind of makes the legendary 'grind' seem rather pathetic, not that i liked the grind in the first place, or the introduction of various crystals but wasn't this one of the time sinks that was supposed to keep us playing the game every update regardless of content.
    To me it seems like the legendary system has finally come full circle to bite them in the a$s.

I wonder how many of us will already have the required amount of barter items needed to trade for several sets of armour come update 10 if the lock, seals & medallions method is used once again.
    Also they change the Hytbold daily Qs to avoid unintended behaviour (farming) but introduce a raid that encourages the exact same thing, though farming this raid has more of a chance to hit store sales - i'm expecting a change at some point
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Neen_Eldar View Post
    Now i hate to say it, but the ease in which the above items are now obtained kind of makes the legendary 'grind' seem rather pathetic, not that i liked the grind in the first place, or the introduction of various crystals but wasn't this one of the time sinks that was supposed to keep us playing the game every update regardless of content.
    To me it seems like the legendary system has finally come full circle to bite them in the a$s.
    Personally, I like that it's easy to get my 85 SA's locked down, which means (for the third time) I can build my compliment of LIs.

I want another solution to the problem of needing to remake the same LIs each level cap rise - it's past the frustration point and approaching /ragequit.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Personally, I like that it's easy to get my 85 SA's locked down, which means (for the third time) I can build my compliment of LIs.

I want another solution to the problem of needing to remake the same LIs each level cap rise - it's past the frustration point and approaching /ragequit.
    I totally agree, i'd even go as far to say that if they implement changes like this with an update that lets us bypass literally 99% of said grind, why have the need to grind in the first place, thus once again asking the question, as you put it - why not let our LIs grow with us
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

i disagree with the op:

1) it gives the more casual kins the chance to learn durchest, do it more often and a chance for easy symbols to improve those kins.

2) the more symbols there drop the lower the prices finally will become on ah, as i personally find 250g for a symbol and 80g or higher for star lit crystals just insane, and thats only looking at my server.

3) as for the teal drops, some find them &&&&, i could use 1 or 2 on badly geared alts so i dont mind that either.

i hope they leave it like this in both locks and drops.
    ~Eldar~

So we are now seeing the future:

We just need one instance with three bosses and everybody will farm the first one for hours. Should be easy for the devs, they can cancel the second part of the cluster - one Instance to farm the first boss for the 1st age symbol will just be enough.

I see the point, that some enjoy that, but in the end, they will have every symbol/Item they need until the year is over an be bored for months.

At the moment it is not possible to find a group for the complete instance but you can join 3-4 farm raids all day long on my server.

why not let our LIs grow with us
    Oooh I love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    the earlier paths of least resistance (Sword Halls and Grand Stairs)

Don't forget HoC....we all needed that anvil
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

So more players are getting teals (Some of which are decent and some of which are trash), marks, medallions, and symbols.

Unless people are getting gold loot (curse you drop rate...) every 5 t1 runs doesn't bother me.
    Vercetorix R12 Warden- Brandywine
    Epiales R9 Defiler- Elendilmir; Johnthefisherman R7 BA-WIndfola
    ~VT~

Let me start by saying that I farmed Durchest 5 or 6 times yesterday (not much luck on winning anything). I'm currently in game looking for a group to farm some more. I also ran the whole raid often on level, and I've completed it once on T1 since Update 9.

That said, I do believe there should be a lock mechanic in place to prevent people from running Durchest over and over, because it /is/ getting a little ridiculous. One of my friends ran it over 20 times in a single day yesterday, and walked away with 7 symbols, some relic removal scrolls, a handful of crystals, and high-end teal gear that they couldn't even give away, because the AH is already full of the jewelry.

I don't mind people farming, but it is sort of a shame that most people will end up farming the first boss over and over, but will never end up experiencing the rest of the raid. Every other encounter in the raid is just as simple as Durchest on T1, but there is really no point in running it since it's quicker and more convenient to just farm the first boss.

I would also like to note another concern about the lack of locks. Sure, it makes farming T1 incredibly easy, but what about those kinships who aren't interested in farming, but instead want to try something more challenging? Without locks, we're forced to run all of DG on Tier 2 in a single night. That's going to take at least 2 hours if you -don't- wipe, and given the difficult of T2, most groups are going to wipe a couple of times before they get it right.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

Yeah would really like the locks putting back in for one what is the point of the other 2 bosses if people can farm Durchest? Also sorry but we know this instance very well in Hope and Glory but our players can not commit the time to do it all in one go we have real lives to work around. I would like to ask all the other devs to take the brain box who decided they were not needed and punch him/her in the stomach.....hard.
    Leader of [url=http://hopeandglory.eu]Hope & Glory[/url] LOTRO Division

I wonder how many of us will already have the required amount of barter items needed to trade for several sets of armour come update 10 if the lock, seals & medallions method is used once again.
    Also they change the Hytbold daily Qs to avoid unintended behaviour (farming) but introduce a raid that encourages the exact same thing, though farming this raid has more of a chance to hit store sales - i'm expecting a change at some point
    Regarding the armor: as long as the various pieces are gated behind beating T2C (or at least T2), I personally won't care if everyone in the game has enough seals and medallions to buy 50 sets of armor when U10 goes live.

Regarding farming: the Hytbold farming also included bringing in people that didn't have access to the quest, be it due to being way under-level or due to the quest not even being active that day. Someone else also mentioned some nebulous thing regarding the way that loot in a raid is distributed, but he never explained what he meant so I don't know if it had anything to do with it.

Once we can bring afk level 75s into Durchest, then I'll expect BG to be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall0Wx View Post
    Don't forget HoC....we all needed that anvil
    I think I got it on my 3rd or 4th run ever, and was unopposed on the roll. I have no idea what you're talking about.

90% of the real raiders don't play this game anymore, the f2p loot noobz who are actually running the content right now are having a blast.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This, in my view, has been a great deal of fun, and has created some wonderful moments of folks sharing their bounty freely among friends, sans DKP, loot rolls and auction houses.

And would it really matter if nearly everyone had their primary second age weapon now?

Lord of the Rings Online is not really an MMO, after all. It's a MUSH: Multi User Shared Habitat, originally created in response to the rougher edges of MUDs (Multi User Dungons) which formed the basis for all popular MMOs today.

As a MUSH, it's been merry and enjoyable running this over and over amidst the witty banter of friends on TeamSpeak, all in a festive, holiday mood, forgetting for now any grumblings or disappointments in the most recent staged expansion.

Just let it be.
    Last edited by Aethelwald; Dec 23 2012 at 08:36 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You are quite right, this farming of Durchest becomes totally ridiculous on my server : the big kins do it all the day, in an infinite looop, and got absolutely everything that can be dropped (and they make thousands of Gold at AH, a lot more than in any exploit until now in the game !)

A such intentional exploit is just unbelievable

To be honest, drops are not so great lol. Drop rate does not need to be decreased either. It takes FOREVER to get a symbol and I've farmed a bit too so I know what I'm talking about. As I said earlier, eventually you will get something if you farm long enough every single day.

To the O.P.: Why? It isn't like this is end-game. They rescaled the DG instances to hold us off until they release the second half of the instance cluster. Who's to say there won't be better loot in the new raids when they come out? They will probably have locks. They will no doubt have better loot. Which, in the end, would make the items looted from BG obsolete I would assume.

Besides... this gives the more casual players a chance to see a fun raiding environment.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    You are quite right, this farming of Durchest becomes totally ridiculous on my server : the big kins do it all the day, in an infinite looop, and got absolutely everything that can be dropped (and they make thousands of Gold at AH, a lot more than in any exploit until now in the game !)

A such intentional exploit is just unbelievable
    Hyperbole much?

and it is not an exploit when a community manager says no locks is intentional.

It's pugs too.. ANYONE can do this easily and the market is becoming saturated with these items. I highly doubt anyone is making thousands of gold at the AH. Even if they were... what on earth is there to buy with this supposed money? I've made plenty of money from just playing the game and AHing the odd stack of scholar mats, yet I'm finding nothing to spend my money on. 'Course I'm the type of player who would rather earn my gear than buy it.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

I have no problem with this. The market will get saturated with symbols soon enough and I don't really see that as a big problem. There was a total symbol drought until now, with most people either having no 2nd age or one or two and only people who farmed tons of skirms with static groups having most of their 2nd ages done.

Crystals are a more rare drop and you need a ton more of them than symbols, so I can't see the market really getting flooded with those even with Zergchest farming going on.

Otherwise...meh? The teals are pretty much &&&&, and from what I can tell the gold items don't drop from Durchest (we've only seen them from LT). We'll stick to doing full runs for the more diverse teals, the loads of marks/medallions/seals, and the gold loot from the LT.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    90% of the real raiders don't play this game anymore, the f2p loot noobz who are actually running the content right now are having a blast.
    QFT! I couldn't agree more. For those of us that had grinded BG on-level @ 65 this is a joke, now that it's scaled and T1 is cake-walk. A vast majority of gamers haven't experienced the instance in it's original design. Especially LT 1.0
    Last edited by Determination; Dec 24 2012 at 12:48 PM.

So when its intentional that players get up to 20k marks and 1k Medaillons per day then I am very excited how Turbine will try to take them away.

Last time they made a reform of the System (when switching to the marks/med/seal system).

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    Yeap, I noticed a sharp drop in player skill when you and all your mates left for the next FOTM game. Please don't come back, I like my perceived new awesomeness! (No seriously - please don't come back)
    No need for that sort of passive aggressive exchange. There is truth in what he said.

The raiding communities have all dwindled in the past few years. Disbanded, quit raiding or just left the game altogether. The ones who have left and are leaving are not the MMO jumpers who switch monthly for new "flavours". They were the raiders who have been here long enough to know the current state of raiding content can only be described as pathetic. They jumped ship because it was sinking.

According to your join date, you have been playing the game almost since its launch. So unless you took a massive break between Mines of Moria and Rise of Isengard, you should already know the things I am about to say. I'll do it anyway.

Siege of Mirkwood launched in December 2009 with one raid instance; Barad Guldur. Until the transition to Free-to-Play in September 2010, that was the only level cap raid. The raiding community had 10 months to play with Barad Guldur. Even after that, no new raid was released. What broke the tedium was something even more tedious: scaled instances. The players were given Helegrod to play with. An instance that had already been the only level cap instance during level 50 until October 2007. Basically, something even more stale than Barad Guldur was at that point. The new raid, Ost Dunhoth, arrived in March 2011, marking the end of the wait at 16 months.

Skip to Rise of Isengard, September 2011. Launched with one bug ridden lair raid that lost its novelty real fast. Managed to fill the gap with a reward readjustment in skirmish raids. December 2011, release of the Tower of Orthanc raid. 12 months ago. A nice, proper raid. Also the last new raid we got. No new raids since then. Riders of Rohan; launch with zero raids. The only ones on the horizon are at least 2 months away. Supposedly.

No sane person who experienced the drought of 2010 could possibly like Barad Guldur right now. Sure, it has the nostalgia value, but zero novelty. It's old. It's easy. It's boring. It offers rewards, but that's all it offers. Only the players who started raiding after Free-to-Play could possibly be enjoying Barad Guldur as if it was new. The rest of the raiders have either quit or are waiting for February.
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

My goodness, from the tone of this and many threads you'd swear that people were actually LIVING in the digital world offered here, suffering under the tyranny of an evil lord as noxious smoke rises and spreads from Needham, Massachusetts to blanket planet earth.

*cough....hack....sputter...wh eeze*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    stuff
    I agree with most of what you say. The community of serious raiders is dwindling and there are more vocal loot-motivated players now.

But you have to give credit to the way Turbine have retained the original difficultly level of BG after scaling, at least on T2.
    I've always been a strong supporter of scaling raids even years before Turbine took on the idea. I couldn't understand why fantastic content, most notably The Rift, was discarded just because of a level cap raise.

Their first attempt at scaling, Helegrod, was very disappointing and felt more like a skirmish than a proper raid.
    However, BG is approximately as hard as it was at level 65.
    Sure it feels easier now, but you have to remember Ost Dunhoth and later Orthanc were step changes in difficulty, so that now BG mechanics like running way with a purple eye or grouping for distributed damage feel trivial.

For a new raider, BG still has all the mechanics that will kill you if you don't pay attention and that cannot be circumvented by brute force DPS.
    I hope all the raids are scaled so that the raiding community has more to do.
    We cannot continue jumping from one raid to the next in a yearly cycle, collecting then deconing first agers as we go.
    That design was already boring by 2009.

As for T1 Durchest farming, I did a few runs today and it is not nearly rewarding as some people say. Our fastest run was just over 7 minutes but I only got 1 teal ring after 5 runs. I don't envisage tarnished symbol prices falling to 10G with that kind of drop rate.
    Turbine could clear this mess up by making symbols available from the skirmish camp now.
    I assume they plan to do that eventually, so why not bring it forward a couple of months?

Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalusr;
    ...the symbol drop rate shouldb e lowerd in my opinion though since monday ive done maybe 50 runs and im sat on 28 symbols (symbol price on meneldor is about 50-100g now its that saturated with them
    You got 28 symbols from 50 Durchest runs. Really?
    When we ran T2 last week, there were only 1-3 symbols dropping from each boss, including the LT.
    Last edited by Shooby; Dec 25 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    There is truth in what he said.
    The LOTRO doomsayers have been around since 2007. It gets old after 5+ years of it. Player churn is inevitable. To assume that the players joining the game are in any way less capable than the "old brigade" is foolish.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast