We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JeauxLOTR View Post
    Durchest is not the reason people don't want to run 3-mans. The poor loot drop rate and chests not spawning are the reason for low interest in the 3-mans.
    I don't know about chests not spawning, but after doing several t1 and t2 runs I have to agree that unless they improve the loot chances of the teal items there is no way that the farming of Durchest will stop any time soon.

And as some have already mentioned this I'd like to chime in: as we can now get empowerment scrolls, crystals and removal scrolls so easily why, oh why, don't they scrap this lame LI system like radiance? The sales of the aforementioned items must have tanked after U9 anyway.
    Arequain [B]Belechael[/B], Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Genxhermit View Post
    I have gotten a bit frustrated with this as no one wants to do the new instances. Even as a healer its virtually impossible to find two people in GLFF who want to do the 3mans. I'm not one who want to just go in because its easy loot. Instead I want to do an instance, heal, and have some fun. Odd thing is that its now easier for me to find groups in GB and GA for my 30ish RK than it is to find the groups for the new 3mans.
    Agreed. Three person multiplayer gaming is something from the acoustic coupler modem days except those games were far more fun

The complete Barad Guldur raid, however, is a full boat 3 hours of wonderful, diverse challenges. You don't need to be a member of a kin run like Steinbrenner's Yankees to have a great time either.

I'm with you. To borrow from the Bard, the play is the thing. Just make sure the group you're signing on with intends to go the distance and is not trapped in some scenario out of Groundhog Day. The server you're on is flooded with Tarnished Symbols already and many kins are simply giving them away to fellow members. They're running BG because its a great team building exercise for groups with wide ranging abilities.
    Last edited by Aethelwald; Jan 06 2013 at 04:22 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't really see how folks farming Durchest affects anyone personally - I understand getting some frustration seeing the calls in GLFF all day long, but really I like the idea of all those PUG groups out there getting together to do a run - even if it is quick and easy.

In the 16 months I've been playing I haven't seen so much camaraderie to be honest and it's kind of refreshing. Ok, so maybe they aren't serious raiders - but we all don't have to be elite raiders to enjoy the game, right? And for those of us learning to raid (myself included) this is a great time to be playing the game. There's no shortage of folks looking to set-up a PUG for a run - whether it is BG or something else.

I'd be more supportive of raid locks if there could be only a set number of BG runs going on a server at a time and my group could never get in due to a perpetually backed up que, but that's not the case.

And really, the furor over farming Durchest will die down when the new instances are released next month (fingers crossed).
    At home on Nimrodel for 4 years.
    Hadleighy/champ/100 (main), Brynnraen/guard/100 (retired main) , Zarefina/mini/100 (solo), Hazriel/LM/88, Rachlarien/RK/83, Brynreign/Beorn/71, Rudbekia/burg/34, Aysawen/capt/36, Haddley/hunter/16

Quote Originally Posted by Genxhermit View Post
    I have gotten a bit frustrated with this as no one wants to do the new instances. Even as a healer its virtually impossible to find two people in GLFF who want to do the 3mans. I'm not one who want to just go in because its easy loot. Instead I want to do an instance, heal, and have some fun. Odd thing is that its now easier for me to find groups in GB and GA for my 30ish RK than it is to find the groups for the new 3mans.
    This bums me out. I've been running the 3-mans with two friends of mine for a couple weeks now and they are actually quite fun. And I've seen a decent number of folks looking for 3-man PUG on our GLFF - but I'm not sure how many are getting filled.

I hope you find some folks to run with soon!
    At home on Nimrodel for 4 years.
    Hadleighy/champ/100 (main), Brynnraen/guard/100 (retired main) , Zarefina/mini/100 (solo), Hazriel/LM/88, Rachlarien/RK/83, Brynreign/Beorn/71, Rudbekia/burg/34, Aysawen/capt/36, Haddley/hunter/16

Quote Originally Posted by Shooby View Post
    You got 28 symbols from 50 Durchest runs. Really?
    When we ran T2 last week, there were only 1-3 symbols dropping from each boss, including the LT.
    Okay, why would you run more than Durchest if you're farming for symbols?

F.Y.I. I believe the fastest run on my server was around 2-3 minutes
    [CENTER][B]Ameldun: [Level 85 Hunter]
    Akkhal: [Rank 4 Warleader] Mozkhal: [Rank 4 reaver]
    And a bunch more... On gladden of course :)
    [/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AnElephant View Post

Is it possible to have more details about the group setup pls ? i'm still sit a 7 min 21 sec for an entire Durchest run
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AnElephant View Post
    2-3 minutes is impossible.
    Just running to Durchest takes nearly 1 minute...

People (in general) will take the path of least resistance. This is why some come here and offer up unpopular suggestions, like having locks. It keeps the game balanced and keeps people running a variety of content when rules makes sense. If the game were balanced (and not bugged) people would equally be running all the level 85 instances (assuming we are all at cap)

The game economy IMHO, is like single player mods that turn drop rates to the point where killing a mob is like smacking a pinata.

I'd much rather there be equal incentive to run all content. There is an extreme minority that seems to like all the instances. The majority seems to prefer to run the same instance over and over and over pending what pretty it has in store. And THEN we get complaints about grind, which I haven't figured out :/

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    People (in general) will take the path of least resistance. This is why some come here and offer up unpopular suggestions, like having locks. It keeps the game balanced and keeps people running a variety of content when rules makes sense. If the game were balanced (and not bugged) people would equally be running all the level 85 instances (assuming we are all at cap)

The game economy IMHO, is like single player mods that turn drop rates to the point where killing a mob is like smacking a pinata.

I'd much rather there be equal incentive to run all content. There is an extreme minority that seems to like all the instances. The majority seems to prefer to run the same instance over and over and over pending what pretty it has in store. And THEN we get complaints about grind, which I haven't figured out :/
    I think some of the complaints about grind are related to the costs of obtaining [brand new level cap] scrolls of empowerment and scrolls of delving. With Durchest farming, we finally have an easy way to obtain marks and medallions, but prior to this - and, frankly, even including Durchest - the only way to get a lot of marks and medallions was/is to run the same content over and over again for the generic currency that almost all of the instances give.

Of course, one could argue that we don't actually have to obtain all those scrolls, and I'd be inclined to agree. Those of you who are complaining about LI grinds and then grinding skirmishes and instances to max out multiple LIs for multiple characters are only shooting yourselves in the foot. Don't like the grind? Don't do it.

Hm. I guess I agree with you, hucklebarry. If people keep voluntarily doing the same thing repeatedly, then complain about doing that thing, that doesn't make sense.

Edit to Add: I'd also like to see incentive to run more than the best time-to-reward instance. We had that once with the Moria 6-mans. Give us that again, Turbine. Gate a desirable but obtainable armor set behind mandatory completion of multiple instances and people will run all of your instances again instead of just the easiest ones. Ignore the unluckiest of the outliers who complain that the system is unfair because they're 0/24 on rolls for piece X.

I really, really hope that the new raid set is gated behind completion of each of the three new single boss raids, and that we have separate sets for T1 and T2 completion. I expect to be disappointed, but I hope nonetheless.
    Last edited by Lestache; Jan 07 2013 at 01:32 PM.

The problem isn't just the loot, or just how easy it is. It is that Durchest is way off on the risk/time/reward ratios.

It's quick, low risk (especially since it's being run so often that almost everyone at 85 can do it sleepwalking) and has better or equal rewards as all other content. So, a large majority ends up running just Durchest and most of the other content becomes unused. Basically it's Sword-halls all over. While I can appreciate that's a nice respite from all the grindiness that's been added lately, it creates a very monotonous experience for people who just 'tag along' with runs and typically don't go through the hassle of creating a group and leading an instance (which in my experience is a considerable percentage of players).

The solution is to either increase the time investment (locks), the risk (increase difficulty) or decrease the rewards (either drop rate or skirmish-like loot-lock) of Durchest. OR to bring the other content to the farm-level of Durchest to make it an interesting alternative once again.
    Ingaras, lvl 75 Elven Hunter; and others...
    [URL="http://thewesternalliance.org"]The Western Alliance[/URL], Laurelin
    [i]"The priority now is the store not the game. The store no longer supports the game, its the other way around."[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Edit to Add: I'd also like to see incentive to run more than the best time-to-reward instance. We had that once with the Moria 6-mans. Give us that again, Turbine. Gate a desirable but obtainable armor set behind mandatory completion of multiple instances and people will run all of your instances again instead of just the easiest ones. Ignore the unluckiest of the outliers who complain that the system is unfair because they're 0/24 on rolls for piece X.
    I am one of the 0/24 people but I still agree. I've never liked the skirmish system of currency (at least not for the gear), its ok for consumables and oddities. I much prefer standing around the chest and seeing what spoils we scored over knowing no matter what I'm going to buy boots after this run.

But, Moria still stands as my favorite instance set. All around with the way it integrates into the landscape, the quests, the rewards... IMHO instances have never matched what Moria provides.

Even within Moria though, we see some similar things (but I claim they are development problems). The worst instance chests in the entire game hands down come from the hardest 3 moria instances. GS, Forges and FG provide more loot than skum, 16th, and DD. AND the ones rewarding the least, are the hardest. I've just created a new toon and I fear its going to be more than problematic to convince 5 others to try their hands at DD when its far more rewarding of their time to do GS instead. Loot aside (which is a problem), I just like running the instances. But that isn't incentive for most it seems.

I don't like those farm runs and I personally don't take part in them. Mostly because I just don't want reward for nothing (okay, there's no real reward for effort most of the time, but hey, at least some T2 offer a little challenge ^__^). Make the symbols drop in T2 only. And I'd really like to see symbols (Cele and Elder King) to be BoA (or bound to account - and yeah, I know not all people have all professions... but well, might be an incentive to crafting ^__^)... if I want to gear alts, I just run them through content... That said, I hope the new raids are a reason to come back to the game, because right now... well, there's other games
    Last edited by Eondoras; Jan 07 2013 at 10:57 PM.
    dota 2!

I would have to check my quest log for the exact number, but I'm at well over 80 runs, and I have at best (I don't quite recall if it's 0 or 1) gotten 1 symbol, 1 crystal of remembrance, and 2-3 star-lits on my warden.
    I really, really hope that the new raid set is gated behind completion of each of the three new single boss raids, and that we have separate sets for T1 and T2 completion. I expect to be disappointed, but I hope nonetheless.
    Wouldn't really mind this either, but how would you see this working out? They're already running out of ideas for set bonuses, and there's so much (quasi-)raid-quality gear out that there's almost no stat combinations left to choose from that people might want.
    Last edited by rannion; Jan 08 2013 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    I would have to check my quest log for the exact number, but I'm at well over 80 runs, and I have at best (I don't quite recall if it's 0 or 1) gotten 1 symbol, 1 crystal of remembrance, and 2-3 star-lits on my warden.
    I've done better than that, but it is obviously luck unless you are in a KP based kin or such. Which I am, but I've done well in both kin runs AND pugs.

But even without ANY rewards beyond gold/trash, the skirmish marks/medallions for repeatedly harvesting Durchest T1 is extremely high. Without that part, the Riddermark scroll grind would be terrible, so I'm grateful...

BG is the only group content atm which gives decent loot. 99% of the times I've run the 3 mans, I win a bounty and nothing more. The other 1% of the time I win a bounty and an earring that I already have 7 of. I don't see the issue with people farming this instance. It seems like the OP does not like running BG and wants locks so that his friends will run skirms with him instead. Others seem to be complaining that it isn't challenging enough, in that case form your own run and do it with 10 people or 6. Me personally, I've used every symbol that I've won besides 1 that I gave to my unlucky friend. Now I need to go back to farming BG to get medallions for LI scrolls because nothing else awards them in sufficient quantity.

one explanation

My explanation to the possibility of frequently farming Durchest is that this way the players are kept in the game,
    to make waiting for the new instances easier.
    You will probably need to have the best equip to enter the upcoming raids, like it was in Watchers times.
    Have an ear for the looting people in teamspeak! They value raids within the drops. No drop-> no succes-> no more playing.

Greetings from Maiar, Germany

agree with this 100% as I feel the fact that you could get the teal armor set by completing T1 really killed off the motivations of people to attempt T2 until they figured it out. instead what happened is people would try T2 a few times, fail miserably, then just settle for T1 since the rewards were basically the same (other than first ages which could be bought on the AH or found in lootboxes). by the end of RoI we still only had two kins on our server who had completed anything beyond lightning t2c and I think it was mainly because of lack of loot motivation.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

People who are asking for locks are not necessarily just wanting the Durchest farming nerfed. A more practical reason for wanting locks is that not having them forces you to do the whole instance in one sitting. Since T2C can take a while, that means a lot of groups who don't have the block of time to pound out the whole raid in one go will likely never beat the LT on T2C.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Keeping in mind that I have been on plenty of durchest farming sessions myself, I want to point out how much I despise groups farming durchest.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a group to perform something challenging (even 3 mans) because EVERYONE is in that bloody instance pounding out crystals, symbols, and emper scrolls.

I've heard many people complain about the difficulty/reward ratio and this is a perfect example (although one rarely seen). the difficulty is nonexistent, yet this single fricking boss dishes out the best possibility of rewards for things people want (aside from gold items). I also blame the devs for the months leading up to this release for starving people of scrolls of empowerment and crystals.

It's like taking a holocaust survivor and serving him steak and potatoes. The survivor is ironically dead from his own excessive eating, just like the fun is currently dead in lotro.

since 2 durchest runs is 1 empowerment scroll, I will run it. I would love to run some skraids or 3-mans but glff just has BG for the most part. Frankly they need to fix the rewards to make all content useful and fix group finder so that it is actually used. what was the point of all the effort to create the 3-mans which no one is playing. This cycle has repeated enough times that it should be obvious what is needed and what is not.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    2-3 minutes is impossible.
    Just running to Durchest takes nearly 1 minute...
    I wasnt in it, that just seemed to be the consensus on an alliance channel
    [CENTER][B]Ameldun: [Level 85 Hunter]
    Akkhal: [Rank 4 Warleader] Mozkhal: [Rank 4 reaver]
    And a bunch more... On gladden of course :)
    [/B]
    [/CENTER]

Again : i want lock on every raid back.
    [B][center]Irvaard of Snowbourn - Dwarf Guardian[/center][/B]
    [I][center]Original challenger of Kebab[/center][/I]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4