We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Farming of Durchest - It's Insane!

Hey It's fun to have the shiny, makes you feel like a kid on Christmas day but this just feels wrong somehow. People are going nuts farming BD/Durchest T1 .. maybe there needs to be bi-weekly locks or even weekly locks like the skirmishes have where you can still do the raid but no loot, only marks, meds? Sure we could farm Foundry too but BG is supposed to be a raid! It's also extremely EASY to do. The value of symbols and everything else has taken a big nosedive as some are farming 20 to 100 times a day! Personally I think it hurts the game. I hope it stops soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    Hey It's fun to have the shiny, makes you feel like a kid on Christmas day but this just feels wrong somehow. People are going nuts farming BD/Durchest T1 .. maybe there needs to be bi-weekly locks or even weekly locks like the skirmishes have where you can still do the raid but no loot, only marks, meds? Sure we could farm Foundry too but BG is supposed to be a raid! It's also extremely EASY to do. The value of symbols and everything else has taken a big nosedive as some are farming 20 to 100 times a day! Personally I think it hurts the game. I hope it stops soon.
    4 days of farming nearly 50 symbols

15-20 teal drops

5 Crystal of Remembrances

20ish Star lit Crystals. =]

I do think it's ridiculous but sapience said they did it because they feel the majority already know the tactics and it's quickly doable.
    Last edited by Thorebane; Dec 23 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Gilrain - World Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

No different from people farming skirms when they hit L85 prior to U9. At least you have a much better chance of a symbol than previously which is no bad thing. Its a scaled instance, people know the tactics so I don't believe it is expected to be particularly hard. The problem isn't the ease of Durchest farming, its that there is no novel L85 multi-boss content for those that enjoy working on new (and hopefully challenging) content.

wai, though I foresee a nerf to drops

There doesn't need to be a nerf to drops. There needs to be locks, that's all. Of course if anyone farms something a kazillion times a day, you will EVENTUALLY get drops. Personally I don't know anyone who has gotten anywhere close to the drops that Thorebane claims to have gotten. I know some who have been farming at least 20 times a day and still do not have those kind of drops. I also farmed a bit and it took FOREVER to get anything at all other than a bounty. So NO a nerf to drops is not warranted.
    Last edited by Norwrei; Dec 22 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo

let em farm if they wanna..
    Second age symbols being sold for 400g is what is ridiculous, should see the price dropping back to 10g or less..
    Locks would just be annoying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005049e/01005/signature.png]Paso[/charsig]

Pls turbine stop this &&&&, bring locks on BG BACK FAST!

You're policy is ruining the game.

Now everyone just do BG T1 farm.

No one do skirm, no one do istance, no one in EM.
    [B][center]Irvaard of Snowbourn - Dwarf Guardian[/center][/B]
    [I][center]Original challenger of Kebab[/center][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Arlecchino79 View Post
    Pls turbine stop this &&&&, bring locks on BG BACK FAST!

Now everyone just do BG T1 farm.

No one do skirm, no one do istance, no one in EM.
    In the recent Twitter dev chat, jwbarry said that locks don't work well with scaled instances. BG is now a scaled instance, so locks probably aren't going to happen.

Curious, why would you want locks to prevent you from being able to play the game?

Why would you want stuff to be (virtually) "expensive"? (That just encourages gold farming/sellers.)

Why would people playing the game and obtaining stuff be "bad"?

I don't have a horse in this race, but would prefer to be able to play the game, have others be able to join me to play the game (instead of, "I can't, locked", or "I can't, saving my locks for X"), and enable me to join others to play the game.

I wish some people would waste their time "farming"/selling things to others, who might only play once a week, or a couple times a month, between taking care of their children and other obligations, who would then be able to actually get one.

Optional save points would make more sense so you could start something, and pick up where you left off in a couple weeks when everyone can get back together, but the current implementation of "locks" just serves to make the game less playable from my experience.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

This isn't Farmville. Yes there is a bit of farming in this game but personally I think it ruins the raids to not have locks and especially to see it currently abused the way Durchest is. There needs to be balance. If scaled skirmishes have loot locks, then why not scaled raids. Loot locks as in the sense of no loot other than relics, rune and marks/meds. Maybe that is not currently possible with the new loot system, no idea. Even better than loot locks would be locks similar to ToO so that people can mark their progress, take their time to do the raid and not start over each day.
    Last edited by Norwrei; Dec 22 2012 at 09:42 PM.

The problem lies when thats ALL anyone does,

Meaning, nothing else is run regulary, folks that would have done a regular skraid now sit alone as the *guys* are farming, over and over agian... all day long. then eppening their farmed spoils on GLFF.. thus.. creating a slight feeling of "screw this" from anyone left out.

The answer is pretty simple, leave the farmers for dust.. dont wait for them, do what you were going to do and pick up a few more friends, if your normal leader is farming, usurp them and lead a skraid yerself.. lol, you get what i mean, dont wait for the chronic farmers, do it yourself , play yer own game.

and once a day is cool... twice is hmmm.. more than that, your farming the instance for loot. maybe a 3 a day limit? only because some folks cant help themselves.. and those folks ruin both AH and everyones fun by openly abusing a system.. thus crating a need for some form of block/lock or nerf.. and beides.. all i see is many of em QQing about "the loots crp".. why are they running it if not to generate (too) easy turnaround income, if i see one more pair of teal boots in GLFF i'll scream. But meh... this isnt lord of the rings these days its lord of the exploits... he who exploits first and regular seems to win.. or maybe i need to G.T>F.O. of GLFF as its doing my head in
    Last edited by Nairax; Dec 22 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000009d2d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If symbols were available from the skirm camp would this issue even exist?
    the teal loot from durchest is vendor trash anyway..

so then we would be back to farming an instance that pays outs marks and medallions...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005049e/01005/signature.png]Paso[/charsig]

I hope they just leave it as is for once, it's perfectly fine the way it is now and adding locks or nerfing drop rates now would be a douchebag move. You have a problem with the Durchest runs, don't join one and do one of the other instances instead, problem solved.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    In the recent Twitter dev chat, jwbarry said that locks don't work well with scaled instances. BG is now a scaled instance, so locks probably aren't going to happen.
    why is Hele all locked up then? I want to farm for my rings...

More seriously, who cares if people are grinding till their eyes bleed for second age symbols and crystals? Second age symbols were available in the skirm camp once first agers become available in each of the past expansions, which means in another 2 months they'll be there again, and will essentially become worthless in terms of value. Who really cares if this drop in value happens a little earlier. Now more 'casual' players will be able to have decent enough gear and hopefully be able to jump right into t1 of the raids that are coming. Symbols are an unneeded addition to the already grindy LI system, I couldn't be happier that they're more common now, I wish they dropped like candy.

The only real issue I see is that people zerg durchest at the exclusion of other content, but really if it wasn't durchest, people would just be mindlessly running through Iobar's peak instead (that instance really needs some love as its embarrassingly easy). The only loot that's a game-changer in BG is the Legendary class item and the drop rate seems so low on t1 at least that even 7 minute durchest runs won't have everyone with one any time soon.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

hmm you did make some valid points spelunker

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    why is Hele all locked up then? I want to farm for my rings...

More seriously, who cares if people are grinding till their eyes bleed for second age symbols and crystals? Second age symbols were available in the skirm camp once first agers become available in each of the past expansions, which means in another 2 months they'll be there again, and will essentially become worthless in terms of value. Who really cares if this drop in value happens a little earlier. Now more 'casual' players will be able to have decent enough gear and hopefully be able to jump right into t1 of the raids that are coming. Symbols are an unneeded addition to the already grindy LI system, I couldn't be happier that they're more common now, I wish they dropped like candy.

The only real issue I see is that people zerg durchest at the exclusion of other content, but really if it wasn't durchest, people would just be mindlessly running through Iobar's peak instead (that instance really needs some love as its embarrassingly easy). The only loot that's a game-changer in BG is the Legendary class item and the drop rate seems so low on t1 at least that even 7 minute durchest runs won't have everyone with one any time soon.
    How is Helegrod locked? It's in separate wings now that it's scaled, unless that's been reverted recently (I haven't been in a Helegrod wing for quite some time). It's basically... what, now - four separate skirmishes? It's a group of skirmishes rather than a scaled instance. It's following the same rules that the other skirmishes are, and BG is following the same rules that the other scaled instances are - we can farm Annuminas, GB, Fornost, etc. to our heart's content, right?

I suppose that if Helegrod had been preserved when it was scaled, we'd have seen this issue then as people probably would've just farmed Coldbear or the Drake boss or something.

I agree with the rest of what you say, though. The only difference between people running nothing but Durchest T1 and the earlier paths of least resistance (Sword Halls and Grand Stairs) is that Durchest offers 2nd Age Symbols and allows more people in at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    How is Helegrod locked? It's in separate wings now that it's scaled, unless that's been reverted recently (I haven't been in a Helegrod wing for quite some time). It's basically... what, now - four separate skirmishes? It's a group of skirmishes rather than a scaled instance. It's following the same rules that the other skirmishes are, and BG is following the same rules that the other scaled instances are - we can farm Annuminas, GB, Fornost, etc. to our heart's content, right?

I suppose that if Helegrod had been preserved when it was scaled, we'd have seen this issue then as people probably would've just farmed Coldbear or the Drake boss or something.

I agree with the rest of what you say, though. The only difference between people running nothing but Durchest T1 and the earlier paths of least resistance (Sword Halls and Grand Stairs) is that Durchest offers 2nd Age Symbols and allows more people in at once.
    Unless its changed from RoI (last time i checked) The various Hele wings had locks in the same way skirm raids did, and you are not eligible for any bind on acquire loot if you have already completed that wing in a given week.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Unless its changed from RoI (last time i checked) The various Hele wings had locks in the same way skirm raids did, and you are not eligible for any bind on acquire loot if you have already completed that wing in a given week.
    Exactly. They're skirmishes now.

BG is a scaled instance, and those apparently operate under different rules.

(Yes, I know that Hele is scaled as well - but it was scaled and made into separate skirmishes, not scaled as a single instance/unit like BG was. The dev chat mentioned OD would be scaled similarly to Helegrod, with separate wings, so perhaps it won't be farmable. There goes my Wound Wing farming prediction... )

Quote Originally Posted by Arlecchino79 View Post
    How exactly is this ruining the game? There's mainly positive outcomes for people (only negative I can think of is other content being left by the side as it's not as easy or rewarding regarding time.. Dungeons anyone?) I've never really understood why people are so concerned with other peoples' farming. If they want to do something that boring, then that's their prerogative. They're the sort that's already going to be playing the game way more anyway, meaning they'll always have more "stuff" in general.

It's actually a bit silly to just do Durchest though, unless you're only after symbols. There seems to be different loot on the later bosses.
    Last edited by Lothirieth; Dec 23 2012 at 01:38 AM.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

I really think the OP needs to change this thread title. There is nothing "insane" about doing a relatively easy run with a high chance of receiving a valuable drop viz Tarnished Symbol.

As for "ruining the game" that is a very narrow view.

Who exactly is the game being ruined for:

a) Leet's, farming skraids and selling Tarnished Symbols at unbelievable prices (around 600g on my fairly low population server)? I have absolutely no sympathy here. They were milking a cash-cow that would have evaporated soon anyway.
    b) People who enjoy the immersion of playing wide-ranging content? Feel free to find some like-minded people and play all the content you want. Incidentally, I'm not sure where all this wonderful content is that should be absorbing us all. 3 x 3-mans, 3 reworked Mirkwood instances and some skraids? How does that work for people who actually enjoy 12 man raids.
    c) People who are used to hanging on the coat tails of those few of us who were prepared to run PUGs on a regualr basis? Simple - start your own runs.
    d) People who can't get on a BG run cos they can't find a group? See c) above.
    e) The people who think the high-end stuff has to be "earned"? Get over yourself. Tarnished Symbols will basically be skirm camp trash in less than 6 months. The real symbol of accomplishment will be a Tarnished Elder King, and I think it is unlikely these will be on farm for anyone other than the real top end 1%.

I am unashamedly farming Durchest atm. We have a loose raid group of about 14 people, 10 of whom will be on at around the same time. We are by no means 'end-game' players, but a level below that. For instance, we would regularly wipe on ToO, and only managed Saruman T1 a few times. We are however, quite aware that without 2nd age 85 LIs, the new 12-man end game stuff coming will be beyond us. So, why shoudln't we be gearing up for that as quickly as possible?

Oh.....we also really enjoy our little group, and BG has given us the perfect opportunity to increase our group skills.

I fail to see the insanity. Given the nature of the game, which is predominantly PvE, why wouldn't you want to see everyone kitted out with the best gear possible?

Lots of great points here and certainly food for thought. However, I still think there must be a better way such as providing them in skirmish camps instead of just allowing players to farm Durchest a zillion times a day. Durchest is part of a larger raid. Just as we could not expect to farm any wing of ToO, nor should we of ANY raid, regardless of how old the content is. That's just my opinion of course.

Having "Legendary" items drop left / right and center makes them very "legendary"

Quote Originally Posted by UwS-Harledir View Post
    Having "Legendary" items drop left / right and center makes them very "legendary"
    That's the same thought many of us had about three hours after Moria launched.

BG T1 is too mainstream. We farm BG T21.101100011 cause we're kewl like that. Personally, I love that there isn't locks as the bounties are pretty amazing loot. J/k (:

We did the T2 farm probably a few times in one sitting and only got like 6-9 symbols and 4-7 star lits. I don't think the loot should be nerfed *pats happy sack of goodies*
    Fractal

the problem is that there is no other content worth doing right now if looking at it from a time vs reward perspective. i find it hard to believe that an end game that consists of a single ten minute encounter is good for lotro, especially when that encounter lacks any difficulty.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast