We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yard Decorating Question

Hi Y'All, I just bought a house <yay> and I bought some trees from the housing furnisher guy but I can't seem to be able to plant my trees. I have said 'trees' in my inventory but when I double click nothing happens. When I try to drag said trees from my inventory, I get message "are you sure you want to destroy ..."

So what am I doing wrong? Or did I just waste my silver??

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

congrats on your new home!
    have you tried clicking on the decorate button/thingie before you clicked on your decor?
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Congrats on your house.
    When you are in your own yard or home, press the decoration button ( little button on the edge of your minimap).
    You'll go in decoration mode, which shows blue squares in your yard/house.
    right click on one of those squares and a little window will open, with a empty spot, drag a decoration (like your tree) in that spot and it will spawn your decoration.
    also think about these things:
    - squares are limited, depends if you have a house/luxery house/kinhouse. the bigger the house the more spots to decorate
    - also be aware of the size, with floaty names on you'll see that the squares are named with tiny/little/normal/big,
    a little decoration can be put in little/normal/big but not in tiny. So the item size (in the mouse-over) determines where you can put it. it can always be put in a larger spot but not in a smaller

hope this helps

Thank you guys so much!

Have been working on decorating my house <grins> although I am a bit disappointed that there are "fixed" spots where to put your furniture, does not leave much room for creativity. But will just have to do my best.

Hey, is there a way to let everyone in? Not just specific people? That is another thing that has been frustrating me, the inability to visit other peoples homes to see how they have decorated. I was playing EQII before and the housing system was rather different. Basically, you could decorate how you wanted, if you could get an item to fit, <grins> and of course you could allow public visits. But no one could take/touch/move your stuff unless they had permission. Is that not the same in LOTRO?

Oh! Just wanted to add, I just completed the housing quest and got this lovely birch tree. Are the housing quests rewards the same for all races? Can my alt buy a house too? Oh that would be sweet!
    Last edited by Roegue; Dec 22 2012 at 09:06 PM.

hmm...I think housing is a huge issue in the forums...still. it's not as customize-able as houses in other games
    better read up: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Housing
    is there a way to let everyone in?
    yes, the maintenance button beside the decoration one has tabs, one of which will provide permission to visitors
    But no one could take/touch/move your stuff unless they had permission. Is that not the same in LOTRO?
    about other players not touching your stuff, yes. if being able to decorate your house like the sims, no unfortunately.
    Are the housing quests rewards the same for all races?
    yes
    Can my alt buy a house too?
    if your alt is another account then yes, if not no (see link)

hope that helps
    I was pretty excited when I got my first house (I visited all homesteads before I settled in Thorin's) then I hit the same dead-ends like you have and now my house serves as my 'shared' storage for alts and as an extra port :P

There is housing in Thorin's !!??!! Eeeek I did not know that .... snifffieeess

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    about other players not touching your stuff, yes. if being able to decorate your house like the sims, no unfortunately.
    If you're saying you cannot give permission to other players' characters to decorate your house, that is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    If you're saying you cannot give permission to other players' characters to decorate your house, that is not true.
    no I was saying you can't decorate your house like the sims.