We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6

    Siege of Mirkwood expansion

    Hi

    Is it not possible to buy the Siege of Mirkwood expansion on the Lotro Store for TP? It's on the website shop with the other expansions, but only the Mirkwood quest pack is on the ingame store. Isengard and Rohan are available as a proper expansion for TP (I've already bought Moria a few years ago).

    Is there a difference between the Mirkwood quest pack, and the proper Mirkwood expansion? If there is, what doesn't it include and are they available individually on the Lotro store?

  2. #2
    Unless it's changed substantially, the Mirkwood pack should be all you need. It used to be the case that the expansion raised your skirmish soldier maximum level and a couple of other minor things - but if you own either the Rise of Isengard or the Riders of Rohan you'll already have those benefits.

    The only thing that might make a difference is if the Mirkwood Quest Pack expressly does not include the Mirkwood Instances - you'll definitely want those. I'm afraid I can't help advise there, as I already own Mirkwood (so it doesn't show up in the store for me), but if the Quest Pack has the instances, I'd say you could go ahead and get it without worrying about missing out on anything.

    It's also quite possible that they no longer have the expansion option available and that what you're seeing is WAI.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for replying!

    The list on "Expansion Quests: Mirkwood" is:

    +150 Quests designed for levels 61-65
    Access the following instances:
    -Dungeons of Dol Guldur
    -Sword-hall of Dol Guldur
    -Warg-pens of Dol Guldur
    -6-man Instance: Sammath Gul
    -12-man Raid: Barad Guldur

    It just seems strange that, unlike every other expansion, Mirkwood has just the quest pack version available in the TP store (and that it seems to give more than just quests).

  4. #4
    To my knowledge the Lotro store never had any Mirkwood "Expansion", the quest pack was simply listed in both categories, quest packs and expansions, but was always just a quest pack (which includes all instances, in contrast to RoI and RoR).
    All other things (not sure what it was besides skirmish trait cap) always had to be purchased seperately in the in-game store.

    Only difference to other "regular" quest packs is that it's still not covered by VIP, although Enedwaith had pretty much equivalent value after the rescaling of quests...thinking of it, maybe that's the very reason why they made Dol Guldur scalable now, to put back some value in it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    To my knowledge the Lotro store never had any Mirkwood "Expansion", the quest pack was simply listed in both categories, quest packs and expansions, but was always just a quest pack (which includes all instances, in contrast to RoI and RoR).
    No, during the first months of FTP there was a Siege of Mirkwood Expansion on the Store, for the price of 1995 TPs iirc.

    The thing is, for an 'expansion', Mirkwood is really tiny. When the FTP model expanded (people have forgotten this, but at first the 'free' Epic quests stopped at level 50, before Moria), the 'value' of the Mirkwood Expansion decreased: since the Vol 2 Book 9 Epics would be free for all, the only thing that buying the Expansion granted was the regular region quests (they couldn't sell the Mirkwood skirmishes separately, because they are part of those Epic quests). So, late November/early December 2010, they introduced some changes to the two available expansions in the Store: first, they introduced the Moria Questpack and the Lothlórien Questpack, allowing people the choice between buying Mines of Moria Expansion (Moria Questpack, Rune-Keeper and Warden classes, two character slots) or buying the same stuff peacemeal (it was at this point when they stopped including Lothlórien with the purchase of the Moria Expansion). And second, the Siege of Mirkwood Expansion was removed, replaced instead by the Mirkwood Questpack (back then, and until a few months ago, costing 995 TPs) and a separate increase to the Skirmish soldier cap. Any other thing the old Siege of Mirkwood provided (mostly, a lot of skirmishes) was either free or available elsewhere in the Store.
    Last edited by Korthelion; Dec 22 2012 at 07:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,566
    If it makes any difference, you say you have Moria. Do you have Isengard yet? The 3-in-1 pack (Moria, Isengard and Mirkwood) are available from the LOTRO Market for 20 USD +VAT (if you are in the EU). Even though you have Moria, Isengard and Mirkwood together for that amount isn't a bad deal (unless you have tons of TPs saved up and specifically want to buy in the in-game store). Buying Isengard and Mirkwood separately on the Market is 30 USD +VAT.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  7. #7
    The expansion pack for Mirkwood was rather small. After F2P launched and all the adjustments made we end up as follows for the expansion contents:

    Mirkwood Quest Pack sold as a Quest Pack.
    Instance Cluster sold as part of the Quest Pack.
    Level cap raise from 60 to 65 given to all.
    Skirmish System given to all or sold a la carte.
    Epic Quest Line given to all.

    When currently buy the Mirkwood expansion, you open the box, one thing comes out - The Mirkwood Quest pack. You buying a double wrapped quest pack.

    Something that Ms. Yula is familiar with. I gave her a small valuable present one year. Put in box. wrap box. put wrapped box in second box. Wrap second box. Repeat ten times or so. She is a careful unwrapper to preserve the paper, ribbons and boxes. She said - You had your fun Bunny, Do not do this again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The expansion pack for Mirkwood was rather small. After F2P launched and all the adjustments made we end up as follows for the expansion contents:

    Mirkwood Quest Pack sold as a Quest Pack.
    Instance Cluster sold as part of the Quest Pack.
    Level cap raise from 60 to 65 given to all.
    Skirmish System given to all or sold a la carte.
    Epic Quest Line given to all.

    When currently buy the Mirkwood expansion, you open the box, one thing comes out - The Mirkwood Quest pack. You buying a double wrapped quest pack.

    Something that Ms. Yula is familiar with. I gave her a small valuable present one year. Put in box. wrap box. put wrapped box in second box. Wrap second box. Repeat ten times or so. She is a careful unwrapper to preserve the paper, ribbons and boxes. She said - You had your fun Bunny, Do not do this again.
    Her pet name for you is "Bunny"???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Her pet name for you is "Bunny"???
    You did see his avatar - right?
    Take Care,
    D.
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496094-The-Brief-Mr.-Bako-Bongo-In-Soup-Du-Jour."]My LOTRO Comics and Fan-Fiction[/URL]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    If it makes any difference, you say you have Moria. Do you have Isengard yet? The 3-in-1 pack (Moria, Isengard and Mirkwood) are available from the LOTRO Market for 20 USD +VAT (if you are in the EU). Even though you have Moria, Isengard and Mirkwood together for that amount isn't a bad deal (unless you have tons of TPs saved up and specifically want to buy in the in-game store). Buying Isengard and Mirkwood separately on the Market is 30 USD +VAT.
    I bought Moria a few years ago, but that's all I have. I've got 2.2k TP or so from my monthly stipend, so I'm only 900 off being able to buy both the Mirkwood QP and the Isengard expansion in the store.
    I'm actually thinking of getting the Legendary Rohan expansion while it's on sale; the 2k TP that comes with it would allow me to get the other two expansions, and the leftovers would be enough for shared storage. They also throw in the 6th bag, so that's another 1k TP value.

    Thanks for replying everyone! I was pretty apprehensive about buying the Mirkwood quest pack as I didn't want to be missing out on anything, but it seems like that's not a problem.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow8579 View Post
    Her pet name for you is "Bunny"???
    Since I have so many children, I get Bunny jokes, a home sterilization kit from the family (one of my brothers)... Bunny is sometimes used as a family nickname. The "cute" lover pet names that we have for each other are not shared with others.

    I do not know how your family works. In my extended family you can tell something about the relationship between two people. Something about the happiness or agitation level by how one person address another. For example, parent to child (age does not matter) use of full name first middle and last means parent is very angry and about to snap. A romantic couple might use:

    Her to lover / boy friend / husband - Honey ...
    He to her - Yes my love

    I have a lot of relatives - keeping the relationship status straight is difficult. Aunt 3's table has an extra female. Does she belong to someone? If so, who? I have similar problems with her side of the family. Ms. Yula , my kids and I have a lot of personal friends. These friends are often not aware who is who. We usually do not stand in a clump in a group. We tend to split and try find people that are interesting to us to talk to.

    All the family jokes about kids, breeding and bunnies lead me to have a bunny Avatar made years ago. I use a Bunny Avatar Skype and other places. It makes the family and friends smile. In coming call from Yula the Bunny when I Skype my daughter. Friend goes who is that. That is my dad. Hun. He does not use his real name. Nah.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Dec 22 2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPixel View Post
    I bought Moria a few years ago, but that's all I have. I've got 2.2k TP or so from my monthly stipend, so I'm only 900 off being able to buy both the Mirkwood QP and the Isengard expansion in the store.
    I'm actually thinking of getting the Legendary Rohan expansion while it's on sale; the 2k TP that comes with it would allow me to get the other two expansions, and the leftovers would be enough for shared storage. They also throw in the 6th bag, so that's another 1k TP value.

    Thanks for replying everyone! I was pretty apprehensive about buying the Mirkwood quest pack as I didn't want to be missing out on anything, but it seems like that's not a problem.
    Sounds like you've got a good plan going there.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload