We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Keyboard does not work for typing/chatting

I am using the latest version of the Mac LOTRO client. The game opens fine and runs without issue except for one thing..... I can't use the keyboard to chat. I tried to create an ingame ticket but I cant even type in the ticket window. Moving the character around with the keyboard works fine however. Very strange. Any ideas?

That sounds like a well known bug we have - it happens every time u change your graphic settings. Solution: reboot the client

Hope this helped...

4 Twinfall Path, Tund Nir, Falathlorn Homesteads, Eldar
    Before re-starting the client, you might want to try command-tabbing to the Finder, and then command-tabbing back to LOTRO. It works for me!
    [IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5484/9448680453_7464ba69cf.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#f0fff0][FONT=georgia]Also on Eldar: Zigil (95 RK)|Hoarbrand (95 B)|Relenna (95 W)|Eodras (86 CPT)|
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#F0FFF0][FONT=georgia]Gulhir (53 LM)|[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#f0fff0][FONT=georgia]Wendras (63 H)|Zali (61 CHM)|Celgoniel (23 RK)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by pogey View Post
    I am using the latest version of the Mac LOTRO client. The game opens fine and runs without issue except for one thing..... I can't use the keyboard to chat. I tried to create an ingame ticket but I cant even type in the ticket window. Moving the character around with the keyboard works fine however. Very strange. Any ideas?
    This is a "known bug" -- basically you cannot change ANY graphics setting and retain Keyboard Focus.

Example: Game launches in Full Screen at some resolution. You want to play either in Windowed mode or at a different resolution... so you change them and enter game... oops can't type in chat.

Solution... launch game; change graphics settings; quit game. Re-launch game ... you can now type in chat at your favorite settings.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)