We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    champs have more interrupts... hunters have one and when it just misses on lvl... he heals a lot, i killed him at lvl 45
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I did this quest (on my warden) a month or so ago with a kin mate (a burg), both of us where 1 or 2 below level , we ended up having another kin mate (lvl 85 hunter) come in to help us. We tried a lot of things, including CJ's (burgs!) but we always failed (usually after getting him down to 1000 morale, and Legolas would some how die or one of us (the burg ) would die)

Anyway, this boss is very tough and has good mitigations against most damage types, if you can use light, fire, beleriand or ancient dwarf (he is weakest against light) us 'em, also he has week resistance to song - Taushakh.

Also, I don't recall the "hardened bark", but I just looked it up and it's nasty - sets all damaged to 1%?! - Hardened Bark. Is this a corruption? If so make sure you remove it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    champs have more interrupts... hunters have one and when it just misses on lvl... he heals a lot, i killed him at lvl 45
    I only have *one* interrupt at level 39. Not sure why anyone would have trouble with this one with that HUGE inspiration buff they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreineth View Post
    I only have *one* interrupt at level 39. Not sure why anyone would have trouble with this one with that HUGE inspiration buff they give you.
    The inspiration buff does not help enough to offset the fact that he can heal up to half health twice as often as my guardian could interrupt him. (That's assuming that all the interrupts work, which is not usually the case.)

Maybe the additional DPS of a champion made the difference for you, or maybe they changed it in the most recent update, but lower DPS classes just cannot do enough damage to offset his heals and the Hardened Bark buff.

Judging by the posts in this thread, my experience of being unable to take him down solo even several levels above quest level is far more typical than yours.

Cool Beating Taushakh

The first time I tried was a major failure like the rest have posted, but made some changes and had no problem. May have been luck or other, don't know, I am new to this.

I switched to a Tempered Dwarf-Crafted Headman's Axe of Combat (two handed, lvl 38). This should give +10% damage to Troll-kind. Also, used Stomp (interrupts) when Taushakh would start to shake, seemed to work in preventing him from getting health. Also, equipped "Dwarf Axe-Damage Bonus" for the +2% damage. This toon is a 47 Dwarf-Guardian.

For other Characters, Light is a good damage for trolls apparently.

Thumbs up Finally got him

Finally got him with two fellows and inspriation at level 48.

This quest is totally bugged for years!
    He stacks his bark spell 5 times and becomes a block machine.
    I'm hunter 43 excellent gear and I can't dps him nor interrupt him, because he blocks everything.
    Maybe there's something that triggers his 5 stack buff, maybe missing the first interrupt, but that's just silly.
    Turbine needs to fix this bug.

Tried this quest 2 days ago with a L42 Hunter, couldn't get past the last boss - Legolas died. Tried again today with same Hunter up to L43 and better gear, almost exactly the same result. It's that self-healing and stacking bark thing. Luckily a L85 kinmate was able to jump in and help me, so I could get past it. Otherwise I would've given up and moved on to something else.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000ed422/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As a lvl39 or so, I soloed it as a Champion. I constantly had him get down to about 5-6k then he would heal back to 11-12 if I remember right. Finally, I just used Clobber (don't know the equivalent of it in other classes) and he died in 2 more seconds. Make sure you get him down and interrupt his healing right when it's almost over, so it'll be a quick kill from there. You should only have to interrupt once.

Just tried now with my level 48 warden for the 6th time and yet no success!!!

It resisted most of The Boot interrupts and had 5 buff even if I managed to kept him in the area.

On a side note: is Book 5 dependent on book 4 completion? Because I got Book 6 even if I was blocked on Book 4, but not Book 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Difious View Post
    Just tried now with my level 48 warden for the 6th time and yet no success!!!

It resisted most of The Boot interrupts and had 5 buff even if I managed to kept him in the area.

On a side note: is Book 5 dependent on book 4 completion? Because I got Book 6 even if I was blocked on Book 4, but not Book 5.
    According to the Dev diary on Combat Revisions for Update 9, Boot no longer interrupts inductions, but instead you have to use Shield Slam:

Warden
    • Boot, Onslaught, and Wall of Steel no longer interrupt inductions.
    • A new skill has been added to the Warden's rotation to provide them with a non-gambit based interrupt: "Shield-slam". This skill unlocks at level 15 and has a 15s cooldown.

In general for everyone having issues with the boss healing himself too fast: many of the class interrupt skills got longer inductions with Update 9. I have not done this quest in a long time, but it sounds like his script now allows him to cast his healing skill much more quickly than many classes can interrupt. I wondered if there would be unintended consequences when the increased inductions were introduced, and this sound like a prime example of that happening.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

The Combat Revisions you mention apparently never made it into the game. There is no Shield Slam. Warden gambit interrupts still work, but are on 8, 10 and 12 second cooldown. Not the gambits, just the interrupt capability.

Quote Originally Posted by ElricM View Post
    I have tested it with a runekeeper mate in a duell. They have cooldowns now (the interrupt part). But there is no visible cooldown icon in the buffbar, so i don't think it's trackable with the buffbars addon. But i prefer that over a 15 second cooldown clicky, because we still have more interrupts available.

Edit: Seems to be that they added bufficons for the cooldown with the hotfix yesterday. Making it trackable.
    I admit that those bufficons escaped my notice. Hope it helps, I haven't tried it myself yet.

On my 41 Champion today, with Clobber on its 10 sec. cooldown, it was a piece of cake. No healing, no barks. Could certainly have done it a few levels below. Interrupting is really the key.
    Last edited by Brandie; May 20 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Hah. A hobbit craves not these things.
    Brandie's LOTRO Links: lotro-links.de

Did this quest last week on my mini @ lv 38. Was in harmony, when he got low, I just burst him down, while healing useless Legolas. Got him in one.

Just did this on-level with Champ the other night and had no trouble; I can only guess it's a dps race that tanks just can't win.

That revision to the Warden class sounds absolutely nuts-- interrupting is what The Boot is all about! I sure hope that's a mistake. Granted, I haven't played my warden in some time, but I might like to play him again someday...

-The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

I just quoted ElricM to say the revision was never realised in the game. So far.
    Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Hah. A hobbit craves not these things.
    Brandie's LOTRO Links: lotro-links.de

I've soloed this successfully with a Hunter, a Guardian, and a Rune-keeper. However, the problems people are describing here are real, they just don't occur consistently. The first time I did the instance with my Hunter, I had no trouble. However, a couple levels later with a little bit better gear, I did it again through the reflecting pool, and got into the situation described earlier in the thread, where the multiple stacks of hardened bark make it impossible to win.

For the Warden, try using Wall of Steel instead of The Boot for interrupts.
    For fights like this, I just spam Wall of Steel for the whole fight.
    Maybe it's just the animations, but it sure looks to me like Wall of Steel works better at interrupts
    than The Boot - maybe it's just the timing of it, or maybe Wall of Steel has more than one interrupt pulse.
    Having a couple of masteries that can be used to build Wall of Steel also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    I just quoted ElricM to say the revision was never realised in the game. So far.
    I got that. I just meant in a generalized future sort of way. I can't imagine what would lead them to make such a change.

-The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2