We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    56

    Annoying Frostbluff Quest Starter

    I don't know about anyone else but I find the Frostbluff quest bestowal message extremely annoying. It is on all my characters kind of like a plague.

    Don't get get me wrong. I think the new quest bestowal system is great. My helmet is off to the devs on that one. No problem with Frostbluff either. Fun and relaxing at times. What I don't want is that annoying message when I'm riding down orcs in the Sutcrofts. There should be a way to get rid of the message on the UI without canceling the quest or changing the automatic quest bestowal option.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    181
    Canceling the quest doesn't work. I have a lot of alts and on a couple of them I'm not planning on running the yule fest. Everytime that introductory Yule Fest quest pops up, I cancel it. Fifteen minutes later it pops up again. It is a little bit irritating when I'm trying to knock out a few other quests.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    56

    Definitely like the plague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    Canceling the quest doesn't work. I have a lot of alts and on a couple of them I'm not planning on running the yule fest. Everytime that introductory Yule Fest quest pops up, I cancel it. Fifteen minutes later it pops up again. It is a little bit irritating when I'm trying to knock out a few other quests.
    Good grief can't even be cancelled. Plague analogy seems pretty good.

  4. #4
    I rearranged my UI so that the Quest Starter is above my Quest Log. It's easier to ignore there and less likely to cover something important.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SOMEWHERE IN FlORIDA
    Posts
    165
    /signed ...agreed..always in the way..horrible distraction.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    56

    Good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    I rearranged my UI so that the Quest Starter is above my Quest Log. It's easier to ignore there and less likely to cover something important.
    I had done that out of desperation. Still it would be nice if they would give us a way ...

  7. #7

    Glad it's Gone

    I, too, rearranged my UI to minimize how much the message covered. But it was still glaring and still unwanted. Hope the next one shows up in a smaller package.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    I, too, rearranged my UI to minimize how much the message covered. But it was still glaring and still unwanted. Hope the next one shows up in a smaller package.
    There are a lot of these auto bestow quests currently in game. The pre Rohan regions do not seem to have a lot. The auto bestow functionalitywas something recently added. One new quests like the two Frostbluff quests use this functionality in the older regions.

    I sure would be nice if the icon size is similar to an alert icon. The Auto Bestow UI element is rather large and the huge bright gold ring is hard to ignore.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    77
    Just move it to a non-annoying part of the screen using (I think it's) Ctrl+\ (moving the UI).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5My3GHF.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSlayer600 View Post
    Just move it to a non-annoying part of the screen using (I think it's) Ctrl+\ (moving the UI).
    The Yule fest Remote quest is a "good" version -- not like the previous festival quests.

    If you accept the quest, you immediately get IXP and a map... and the icon goes away -- Until you log in "the next day".
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

    Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload