We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Capt Moors gear

Capt Moors gear

Hello I am gonna start by saying I am not a pvp type of player but to see that the moors 3 set bonus are way better than anything in game makes this capt sad. But lately I been playing a few nights in moors raid trying to get the coms to get at least one set for the 3 bonus. That being said, what did you used as gear before getting this set, how do you traited?
    I am traited 2 yellow,and 4 blues.

If you are low on aud and in a group I would trait and gear heals and stay in the back an heal out of sight. Our dps in unremarkable and not worth it with low aud.

If you feel the need to attack just watch your red numbers, the moment they start to look like a focus fire pop your CC pots and run back behind your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
    Hello I am gonna start by saying I am not a pvp type of player but to see that the moors 3 set bonus are way better than anything in game makes this capt sad. But lately I been playing a few nights in moors raid trying to get the coms to get at least one set for the 3 bonus. That being said, what did you used as gear before getting this set, how do you traited?
    I am traited 2 yellow,and 4 blues.
    Do you mean 2 yellow and 5 blues? That is fine.

Anyway, wear your hyboldt or whatever armor. Expect to die if focused fired unless you can get lots of healing dumped on you, but you can mitigate it some with:
    - as much tactical resist (and morale) as you can scrape together
    - switching to sword + board when focused (I really need to get a 1-H built for moors soon)

I'd suggest hanging back and healing mostly while you learn the ropes. Run in to get your inspire/VS. Once you get more confident (or if you aren't in an even fight), mix it in. Buy your audacity pieces as soon as possible, it makes a big difference in survivability. Stay near your group at all times...

Note that Shield of the Dunedain is REALLY nice in the Moors to save the current focus fire victim in your raid, particularly if your healers are overtaxed/silenced/dead. Pity it can't self target. I never used it much in PvE, I use it often in the Moors. Use your last stand often - why die with it available? I avoid using it only if death is a total certainty anyway (why spend the cooldown then).

Note that you get comms/reknown for healing folks out of group if they kill stuff, so drop a words of courage on them if you feel like it. May help them survive, gets you comms if they kill someone. And buff them as well

Note that if you want Comms and your Captain isn't working out for you, you could try creepside for a different experience. The comms are account wide.

Yup, I agree with everything he said. But honestly you should get 5 peices from each set
    All are good in a raid situation.
    Defeat response reduction; ummm ya this is good
    In combat rez reduction; why yes, I dont mind if I do
    Last stand cooldown and an additional 5% damage on target; um can you say bye bye baddies?
    Amongst others.
    And while you are at it, playing in the moors makes you a better captain, more attentive, more aware, more responsive. All the best captains in servers are PvMPers. Speaking from my own experience of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Anyway, wear your hyboldt or whatever armor. Expect to die if focused fired unless you can get lots of healing dumped on you, but you can mitigate it some with:
    - as much tactical resist (and morale) as you can scrape together
    - switching to sword + board when focused (I really need to get a 1-H built for moors soon)
    The PvMP rings + crafted tact mit necklace + crafted tact mit cloak are useful for the tact mit boost, and they don't hurt as bad as some of the other options.

Note that Shield of the Dunedain is REALLY nice in the Moors to save the current focus fire victim in your raid, particularly if your healers are overtaxed/silenced/dead. Pity it can't self target. I never used it much in PvE, I use it often in the Moors. Use your last stand often - why die with it available? I avoid using it only if death is a total certainty anyway (why spend the cooldown then).
    Learning how to use IHW without Last Stand is another really good tool for helping others survive.

Note that you get comms/reknown for healing folks out of group if they kill stuff, so drop a words of courage on them if you feel like it. May help them survive, gets you comms if they kill someone. And buff them as well
    Which is why I like OB. I've found either a 3+ blue non-capstone build to work the best out there, with FB, SotD, and OS as the legendaries.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Dec 20 2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West