We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    people cant hear my music

    when i want to play a song in lotro manually or just a .abc file, no one can hear me play.
    (i can hear everything perfectly myself)

    i checked Player Music Volume to 1.00

    sound playback set to software but i tried hardware to.

    http://i47.tinypic.com/elh6a.jpg


    any help is much appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437
    I'm not much of a music expert... but can those that not hear you hear others? There is a way to turn off player based music. I don't hear ANY music from other players. If that is the issue, there is nothing to be done on your end as everything is working as intended.

    If people can hear other player music and not yours, then I suspect you do have an issue (you aren't playing correctly, abc file is incorect, etc). Someone more knowelegdable will have to help there, but the most common reason for not hearing player music is because people turn it off in their settings. They won't hear any until they change that back.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    I'm not much of a music expert... but can those that not hear you hear others? There is a way to turn off player based music. I don't hear ANY music from other players. If that is the issue, there is nothing to be done on your end as everything is working as intended.

    If people can hear other player music and not yours, then I suspect you do have an issue (you aren't playing correctly, abc file is incorect, etc). Someone more knowelegdable will have to help there, but the most common reason for not hearing player music is because people turn it off in their settings. They won't hear any until they change that back.
    apperantly someone could hear me i asked a random stranger while in bree if he could hear me , he replied yes i can hear you.
    so i think the problem lies on my mate his side, any idea how he can fix it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by lutfetilda View Post
    apperantly someone could hear me i asked a random stranger while in bree if he could hear me , he replied yes i can hear you.
    so i think the problem lies on my mate his side, any idea how he can fix it?
    There are audio sliders for volume (in their settings menu). One is for combat sounds, one is for game music, one is for ambient noices, etc. One, is for player music. The only thing this slider effects is music coming from other players like yourself. They just need to slide this up to be able to hear you. (this assumes their audio is working for the rest of the game).

    edit:

    Acutally the slider is in your screen shot above "Player Music Volume". Theirs is likely not set very high (or to 0, which is the same as mute)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Perilous Realm
    Posts
    2,488
    I have lately noticed that there is some sort of glitch which causes you to sometimes not be able to hear a player's music, even if you are synced with them. However, exiting out of the game and coming back seems to fix it. If you find that others can't hear you, you might try that.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

    [URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    239
    Yep, I'm going to verify both the glitch and the work-around

    Honestly... is Turbine not capable of making an update without ****ing half the game up? It probably wouldn't annoy me so much except they still haven't fixed half the bugs from the LAST update.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon
    Posts
    1,260
    Last night while caroling in Rivendell some of the folks listening could not hear the music. They relogged and it fixed the problem. Yes there is a bug that has developed for some.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Big Bend
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    I have lately noticed that there is some sort of glitch which causes you to sometimes not be able to hear a player's music, even if you are synced with them. However, exiting out of the game and coming back seems to fix it. If you find that others can't hear you, you might try that.
    I've /bugged that one. There's a variant where the music gradually fades out from one player until it is completely gone. I've not encountered it personally, but Hoppa Joel has, and I think he bugged that one, too.

  9. #9

    I have the same problem, BUT includes not seeing /Emotes too

    Thanks for /bugging it, Sieg; I'll do the same. I've been trying different settings (with the character I'm having an RP wedding with this evening) and consistently she can't hear my music OR see my /emotes. But other players standing next to her can hear and see both.

    I've logged onto two separate accounts and have noticed the same issue between them: two characters playing synched music that can hear themselves, but not the other. The music is synched correctly--I can hear it from the two machines--but they can't hear each other and don't see the musical notes of each other's instruments floating up into the ether.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload