We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Done T2 CM with another 2 hunters

First boss was a pain.. others were just easy peasy.

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

The Tier 2 challenge in this instance seems to have been made for ranged DPS. At least in my opinion. I have managed to do it a few times with all melee but I notice it goes alot smoother with some ranged DPS. I may be lucky since I can heal myself through the bosses damage fine as a Warden (even on T2) so our typical set up would be RK and Hunter and just have them DPS the boss and adds whenever they spawn.

For melee... same strategy, it just keeps you on edge since the adds tend to get closer to the egg. Warden, Champion, and Captain is what we run it at with melee. Aside from the bosses special attacks he doesn't hit too hard. So when the adds come just ignore him for a minute and help the group out. I usually just turn and huck javelins at them. Not sure how many ranged bow skills Guardians have but worth trying. I believe the adds can be slowed so do whatever you can to make their journey to the egg as slow as possible. If you're running it with a Mini. then they should be able to deal out some decent semi-ranged DPS on the adds.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Guards only have 1 bow skill and has a long enough cool down that you an only use it once per wave. I was trying to anticipate when the dwarves would come out so I would switch to OP then run up to one and kill it fast with a 2h axe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    Guards only have 1 bow skill and has a long enough cool down that you an only use it once per wave. I was trying to anticipate when the dwarves would come out so I would switch to OP then run up to one and kill it fast with a 2h axe.
    This is where I'm at too. When I do this with kin I feel comfortable enough to heal the last fight myself (Warden) and just let them go DPS. Champ and Cappy, or Champ & Rk, RK & Cappy, whatever. I too have been trying to figure out when exactly the adds come out. Do you think it's a percentage base? If so that'd be easy enough to see. It must be something to do with morale though because I've just stood and healed against the boss (just myself, no one else in the fight) so barely DPS'ing the boss and I could go like 15 minutes without seeing adds lol. When the adds do come though I generally will just either throw some javs at them or run up and dps them quick.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    FYI, it seems that the dwarves arrive at 20% intervals of the boss's health.

80% (200K)
    60% (150K)
    40% (100K)
    20% (50K)

I rounded the morale to make it easier to remember.
    Oh look at that, I should have read the entire post before making my last comment about wishing I had this information. lol. Thank you!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I've noticed the adds come out at roughly those morale levels too but not exactly on the marks. Not sure if it is just lag when i ran it or if it is actually time based but the dps pace is such that it roughly matches those levels.

Done it easily with (my toon in [square brackets]):

warden, [captain], DPS RK
    guard, [harmony minnie], DPS RK
    warden, [hunter], cappy

It's fairly easy but I reckon it'd be most of a breeze with warden/captain, hunter and LM.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

I've run this with Guard (me), mini, & a burg and the most challenging part is the lack of ranged dps for that final wave of adds. When I ran it with a mini and a hunter - it was a total cake walk. Ranged dps is definitely a huge advantage for picking up the adds - esp. the 4th wave.

I've gotten unlucky a couple times trying to pick off an add in the 4th wave and have had Helf catch me with a well timed stun and the egg gets damaged. Argh. We'll get it eventually with the burg in the mix - just haven't made the time to run T2 since we're trying to get the drops we want from Scuttledells, Goblin Town and Warg Pens.
    At home on Nimrodel for 4 years.
    Hadleighy/champ/100 (main), Brynnraen/guard/100 (retired main) , Zarefina/mini/100 (solo), Hazriel/LM/88, Rachlarien/RK/83, Brynreign/Beorn/71, Rudbekia/burg/34, Aysawen/capt/36, Haddley/hunter/16

Is there any particular damage type the dwarven adds in the last boss fight are more vulnerable too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2