We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Iorbars Peak Challenge T2 Guide/Tactics

Group: Guardian, Champ, Mini

Once you enter the instance and begin heading forward, 2 dwarves are chatting, you can skip them and carry on or just wait and kill them in case of deaths before the first boss, if you die after the first boss you can take a sled back up. Killing the trash ins't much of a problem, though with some trash groups you find shadow-callers, kill them first and move out of the clouds they bring, (standing in the cloud deals DoT and stacks, cannot remember exactly how much damage, but atleast 1k).

As you move up the mountain, watch out for the big orange circles, for they drop boulders (not much of a problem they only deal approx 700 damage and knocks you back) so even if you don't watch out for it, it shouldn't be a problem.

You will finally get to the first boss (A dwarf), there are 2 phases, the first is just tank and spank, some adds will come, kill them, at phase 2 the giants around him (3 in total) will start throwing boulders, so be on the look out and move out of them to stop too much incoming damage, especially on tank, other then that he's a very easy boss.

DPS should be careful with taking aggro, a dwarf brute 2 shotted me like i'm squishy (yes, i am on my chimp).. pfffffft

Once you get to the final boss, and all is in, he will talk for around 2 seconds and the battle will start, the tank took him by the slope on the right hand side after you enter (just right of the boss) he;s easy to tank even on t2, the big problem is for us dps in this challenge, every now and then he will turn around and lift a boulder, this is when you stay out of the circle, then he will turn around and smash his hands on the ground, this is bad, one shot my squishy chimp, he deals 8k damage with it, best to do is go behind him and for ranged jus stay far away, for it has a certain range (atleast 8m), he has another skill where he stamps the ground and you get 1.2k DoT for 15-20 seconds, i had to move away for that time, none of these skills can be interrupted.

Adds will start coming with barrels to destroy the egg, biggest problem why my group kept on failing, if you arent fast enough they will damage the egg (the adds move very fast, immune to slow skills, stuns, can only dps them, they have 3k morale), 3 adds and the egg is gone (yeah we all love egg and bacon for breakfast but gwaihir wont be so happy), and if that does happen the boss resets, so you have no choice but to save the egg. at first 2 will come, kill them, during the fight more will come, at one point there will be 3, and the last there will be 4, my group had to stop on the boss and get adds with me to kill em before they got to the egg, for hunters and other ranged dps it would be easy but for us melee classes it can get pretty frustrating always getting the *too far away* message and before you know it, the egg is gone.

In short words of the tactic, when the boss turns (melee classes go behind at all times, ranged/heal stay far away and just move from circles), burn the adds fast and if it gets too much for the dps, tank/heal can chip in a little bit of help with DPS (we did it, it worked fine).

Good luck fellas and enjoy the challenge!

PS. I'm hoping if anybody has been able to complete webs of scuttle-dells t2 on tank (warden if possible), can post in some tactics for I couldn't complete it, and haven't done so yet, thank you!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000002152f3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Best advice:
    Think before you do something, don't do something before you think.

Great guide but want to mention that it's best for all to stay away from egg because the boss can also damage the egg with his tremors if he is trying to get at you and you are close to the egg. He also occasionally goes after the range or healer so sometimes you need to move around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    Great guide but want to mention that it's best for all to stay away from egg because the boss can also damage the egg with his tremors if he is trying to get at you and you are close to the egg. He also occasionally goes after the range or healer so sometimes you need to move around a bit.
    Yeah thats with ranged dps, I haven't tried it as ranged yet so I can't say much about that, but as a melee class I would assume that if you're a ranged class, then it would be best to attack him from a distance away from the egg, wouldn't be too much of a problem getting adds too being a ranged, rather than running around like how I had to
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000002152f3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Best advice:

Towards the end when teh adds are coming from 4 different directions can be chaotic lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    You are confusing of the giants skills here. Sometimes he gets a bubble and if that isn't removed before it expires he will damage the egg, no matter how close or far you from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norana View Post
    You are confusing of the giants skills here. Sometimes he gets a bubble and if that isn't removed before it expires he will damage the egg, no matter how close or far you from it.
    His tremors from when he slams the ground with his hands or foot also can damage the egg, at least it happened to my group. He also has a skill called Storm-Clap, he will swing his right arm around and say something about getting close to him to hear his applause, when he does just move away from him if your a squishy.
    Arkenstone

Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company

Dobraine - Warden l Dobriana - Rune Keeper
    Dobrion - Burglar l Dobralia - Minstrel
    Shiona - Lore Master l Dobriel - Captain
    Cruxius - Guardian l Nephilym - Warden
    Arcamedes - Rune Keeper l Yukiri - Hunter

Seems that for ranged it's a different tactic, he says: Helf says, ''Stand before my avalanche of strength!'' which is when he does a big aoe, best thing for melee is to move behind him (where tank stands), for ranged he will go upto them, so it is best for ranged to stand away from the egg, as long as each member doesn't get too close, he will not harm the egg, for melee you can get unlucky whilst killing adds who get close to egg and he moves to you to use his skill, but thats pure luck in my opinion, as long as the tank is tanking him away, it will go good, I just did it on my warden now and we only had 2 wipes when my fellow champ lagged and didn't move out, other then that it went smooth, also for the t2 challenge the egg can have no damage at all, we succeeded practise makes perfect and mistakes the first time is bound to happen.
    Best advice:

Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    His tremors from when he slams the ground with his hands or foot also can damage the egg, at least it happened to my group. He also has a skill called Storm-Clap, he will swing his right arm around and say something about getting close to him to hear his applause, when he does just move away from him if your a squishy.
    As for the bubble, if the dps in your group attacks, the bubble will go, I hope people don't just stand around waiting for adds, I could be wrong but from the times i've done it, it seems the adds come when the boss is at a certain amount of morale
    Best advice:

Quote Originally Posted by Norana View Post
    Not confusing anything at all. :-) But thanks to mention the bubble too since Van and I both forgot. His tremors will also damage the egg if any of the group is near it when he targets you.

Essentially all the damage in the final fight is avoidable. Healers can and should dps, in my opinion.

In our last T2 Challenge run, I tanked and only took 27k damage over the whole 4:20 of the fight. That's barely 100 damage per second from his normal attacks.

During the same time I healed (or overhealed) for 65k...

If the DPS are careful, you could likely do the whole instance without a healer.

We did iorbars peak t2 yesterday and during the 1st boss we made our tank stay in the orange circles so the boss and adds take more damage, because they get hit too. Our Guardian only took 1k damage but the boss took more like 15k damage and it made the fight much faster and easier.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1e21d0000000a6c9b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    Essentially all the damage in the final fight is avoidable. Healers can and should dps, in my opinion.

In our last T2 Challenge run, I tanked and only took 27k damage over the whole 4:20 of the fight. That's barely 100 damage per second from his normal attacks.

During the same time I healed (or overhealed) for 65k...

If the DPS are careful, you could likely do the whole instance without a healer.
    This is correct we did it with Warden, Minnie and Capt (Me).

Minnie was in WS and I wasn't even heal traited yet my HoTs easily kept us all topped up.

The damage is easily avoidable.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000000215c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I did as dps mini, then there was a dps/healing rk and a warden.

Yes, as far as damage at the boss fight, there is almost none even on T2 aside from his large attacks. Our group has been farming it with 2 hunters/warden. For me, seems like the trash is much harder, on the last boss I can stay alive for the whole fight with only the conviction heal for threat, and maybe 1 HoT.

The trick is just running around like a mad man while DPSing so as to always be moving away from his massive attacks xD. I used bandicam to film the last boss fight this way, I ca post it at soon as I get permission from the 2 hunters
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

On my burg, I have taken 0 damage during final boss fight.

They've been mentioned in various posts in this thread, but to summarize, he has four attacks to watch out for:

-frontal AoE when he smacks the ground (says, something like "Stand before..."), just step through him so behind
    -360° avalanche AoE followed by tremors, interrupt with Fellowship Maneuvers.
    -360° clap AoE, move away
    -Half morale he talks about strong skin, just do some damage and he won't do an egg damage attack after

I drank coffee and was more readily able to deal with adds (who are unaffected by CC) without the dreaded "out of range" mêlée issue.

The key part is for the tank to help at the fourth set of adds, also the add nearest the entry gate has the shortest distance to the egg, so ranged DPS should be ready to take it out.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Tactics Guide

LOLJK there are none. Bring 2 champs and a warden and faceroll through it for an easy grind to star lit crystals, symbols, and teal/gold loot.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    LOLJK there are none. Bring 2 champs and a warden and faceroll through it for an easy grind to star lit crystals, symbols, and teal/gold loot.

Yay!
    True story.

/10chars
    Occupy Warden Forums to bring back teh awesome.
    NO GAMBIT COOLDOWNS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post

Yay!
    2 Hunters and a warden works just as well. Probably even makes the boss fight even easier.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

duo'd this last night with a burg, it took a bit longer but was pretty easy. on add waves at last boss I went ranged stance to help burg with adds. Easy peasy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000014b3b1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

FYI, it seems that the dwarves arrive at 20% intervals of the boss's health.

80% (200K)
    60% (150K)
    40% (100K)
    20% (50K)

I rounded the morale to make it easier to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    He also has a skill called Storm-Clap, he will swing his right arm around and say something about getting close to him to hear his applause, when he does just move away from him if your a squishy.
    Helf says, ''Gather to me, little ones, and hear my applause.''

Storm Clap is a Distributed attack, which is kinda hinted in what Helf says. "Gather to me" is a tip for that; get close to share the damage. We managed to make a mess about that fight in a way that I ended up taking the full blow from Storm Clap alone. Result:

Helf incapacitated you.
    Helf scored a hit with Storm Clap - Distributed on Elaida for 14,230 Common damage to Morale.

That was one-shot, and just about five seconds before finishing the whole fight, lol. I'd say there's two ways to sort out that attack. Either the squishy ones get away and let the tank take full blow of that attack, or everyone groups up close to each other to split the damage into less than 5k per player which should be easily manageable for anyone.

Up to you. Also, at some point Helf used several big-hitting skills in rapid succession. That was sort of annoying.
    [B]Leader of Freelancer, Eldar[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Elaida View Post

Storm Clap is a Distributed attack, which is kinda hinted in what Helf says. "Gather to me" is a tip for that; get close to share the damage. We managed to make a mess about that fight in a way that I ended up taking the full blow from Storm Clap alone. Result:

Helf incapacitated you.
    Helf scored a hit with Storm Clap - Distributed on Elaida for 14,230 Common damage to Morale.

That was one-shot, and just about five seconds before finishing the whole fight, lol. I'd say there's two ways to sort out that attack. Either the squishy ones get away and let the tank take full blow of that attack, or everyone groups up close to each other to split the damage into less than 5k per player which should be easily manageable for anyone.

Up to you. Also, at some point Helf used several big-hitting skills in rapid succession. That was sort of annoying.
    I haven't figured out a reason for anyone to take that attack. As a tank I seem to be able to run away from it with no negative consequences (as long as everyone else does too), just like the various other scripted attacks. I suppose grouping up would avoid a brief loss of DPS and finish the encounter a few seconds faster.
    Last edited by LagunaD; Dec 21 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    2 Hunters and a warden works just as well. Probably even makes the boss fight even easier.
    ^^ true story. :P

That's my choice group.
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaida View Post

Storm Clap is a Distributed attack...

Either the squishy ones get away and let the tank take full blow of that attack, or everyone groups up close to each other to split the damage into less than 5k per player which should be easily manageable for anyone.
    I haven't figured out a reason for anyone to take that attack. As a tank I seem to be able to run away from it with no negative consequences (as long as everyone else does too), just like the various other scripted attacks.
    Agreed, I didn't know it was distributed because we've not gotten hit by it. Why risk damage for no gain? Why not just move away? I finish the fight (mêlée class) with Combat Analysis showing my taken damage as zero.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I'd suggest going with 3 will classes. Just did a bunch of runs today with 2 WS minstrels and a DPSrk.

Make sure one of the minstrels always tanks the bosses - define who - and its very easy as a whole.

We got 2x teal bracelets along 5-6 runs.
    Elunwe Minstrel | Elunduil Hunter | Ellirin Champion | Micolo Burz |

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast