We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Compact screen on my mac.

Gameplay on my mac has been made difficult due to the small screen size (13.5inch) as ally and foe hea;thbars overlap on the top right , confusing morale difference, making it difficult to know when to use healing skills. also fellowship members morale and status bars overlap each other.

Is there a way to space all these apart ?

CTRL + \ to edit ui layout
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011273f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hagri View Post
    Gameplay on my mac has been made difficult due to the small screen size (13.5inch) as ally and foe hea;thbars overlap on the top right , confusing morale difference, making it difficult to know when to use healing skills. also fellowship members morale and status bars overlap each other.

The only way within LOTRO on a Mac is moving things around at the current scale as 5ome1 suggests.

There is no UI options on the Mac client to scale it yet.

I am not sure there are any Plugins that allow you to do this?
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hagri View Post

There are two options...
    1- You can change the screen LOCATION of various UI elements:
    as mentioned, "ctrl-\ " allows you to drag the various UI elements around the screen.
    This command can be changed under Options, Key Mapping "Reposition UI"

2- You can change the SIZE of various UI elements:
    in the Options/UI Settings -- near the bottom, in the section: UI Scale
    You can Globally increase or decrease the size of the UI elements, with a red "-" and a green "+"
    You can additionally change the sizing of individual UI elements.

UI = User Interface

These sliders all do work in the Mac Client.
    However, it is probable that you need to change them, then log out and back in again to allow typing in the chat window.

It is also necessary to make certain your changes "stick." These parameters are only written out on successful exit from the program. If you crash, or otherwise fail to exit cleanly, the parameter file is not updated. (True for both Windows and Mac CLlents.)
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    2- You can change the SIZE of various UI elements:
    in the Options/UI Settings -- near the bottom, in the section: UI Scale
    You can Globally increase or decrease the size of the UI elements, with a red "-" and a green "+"
    You can additionally change the sizing of individual UI elements.

UI = User Interface

These sliders all do work in the Mac Client.
    I had the same idea when I read this thread, then I went to check it... Have you checked the Options since U9? Unless my memory really deserts me something is missing and UI Settings is not even there (it is on PC version and why I was thinking maybe I was just not remembering right)

It was not complete before. Also both Combat Options and Quickslots have nothing at all in them. Leaves us four actual options buttons given that in Troubleshooting nothing actually works.

Quickslots stuff is in Key Mapping.

So, no way I could find to change the UI scaling and unsure if things actually have changed in U9.
    Gaspard Strongpole - Hunter on Eldar : Mac Player - iMac/27-inch, Late 2013/ 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB/OS X 10.10.5

Quote Originally Posted by Toddlepip View Post
    I had the same idea when I read this thread, then I went to check it... Have you checked the Options since U9? Unless my memory really deserts me something is missing and UI Settings is not even there (it is on PC version and why I was thinking maybe I was just not remembering right)
    . . .
    So, no way I could find to change the UI scaling and unsure if things actually have changed in U9.
    You are remembering it "half right."
    The button for "UI Settings" doesn't exist when "Options" is selected from the Character selection page.

You have to select a character and be actually "in-game," before the remaining buttons of the Options Panel are filled in.

I've never figured out why some of the buttons are missing -- it's not like they are separated by "apply account wide" vs "apply to character only." ... or are they? it would make sense. I've never really verified that across different toons on different accounts from the same client...
    • UI Settings
    • Social Options
    • Chat
    • Mouse

are the buttons for Options sub-panels which only appear while "in character."
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    You are remembering it "half right."
    The button for "UI Settings" doesn't exist when "Options" is selected from the Character selection page.

You have to select a character and be actually "in-game," before the remaining buttons of the Options Panel are filled in.

I've never figured out why some of the buttons are missing -- it's not like they are separated by "apply account wide" vs "apply to character only." ... or are they? it would make sense. I've never really verified that across different toons on different accounts from the same client...
    • UI Settings
    • Social Options
    • Chat
    • Mouse

are the buttons for Options sub-panels which only appear while "in character."
    Ah good. Confirming I am only half crazy and lazy for not having logged a character to check

I don't get that either. Guess because I always save the UI then just load it for each character to save the endless repetition of setting new toons up. Not sure it would be too hard to allow the option for 'per character' or 'across acount' like WoW does. Each character could have a 'save' for it's own settings which ar not shared.

I also use SteerMouse to set up my mouse in LOTRO to set the buttons on my Logitech G5 etc.

Quickslots and combat fill in too whilst logged in.
    Windfola:
    Bretela LVL 100 Warden Gwaithol LVL 100 Hunter Brilliance LVL 86+ LM
    Mac User, Raider

You can also load UI layouts in game

I also have a 13" screen. You can use /ui to load & save layouts if you don't want a different UI layout for each of your characters. The only caveat is the Mac client cannot find the path to your layout folder so you have to type in the full path. I use an alias in a quick slot. Also, you can put the layouts in any folder on your Mac. The path below is just what Turbine uses. I have been unable to get aliases to work with a space in the path name so I use the path:

/Users/<userid>/Library/LOTRO/layouts

Below is from lotto-wiki Mac Client page. There is a lot of good Mac client info on that page:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client

Note also: This command is currently broken in the Mac Client Beta Version, one needs to use the FULL PATH NAME for <filename>.

For example, to save a layout to the same location as all other Mac Client support files use:

/ui layout save "/Users/<userid>/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/ui/layouts/<layoutname>"
    If you are doing this frequently, you can assign this command to a shortcut (i.e. create an alias). Replace <userid> and <layoutname> with your values:

/shortcut xx /ui layout load "/Users/<userid>/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/ui/layouts/<layoutname>"
    where xx = the desired quickslot number (The version in the shortcut example loads the UI layout)

usage /ui [layout [<save|load> [<filename>]]]
    This command can be used to save or load a UI layout.

To save a ui layout use:
    : /ui layout save <filename>

To load a ui layout use:
    : /ui layout load <filename>

In the file name you can use %r to substitute in the current resolution and %c to substitute in the character's name.

If no filename is specified, a default filename of the form Default_%r is used.