We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question BG raid set - Outdated

So I was looking at the different gear for classes at the vendor and came to one simple conclusion. The new gear stats and set bonus's in my view need to be changed as they are very outdated for the current class workings.

I state this is not a rant, more just a humble question to why anyone would go for this 85 set or to why it was not more catered to the current way of the classes.
    Last edited by Bevy; Dec 18 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Miss information
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000142e00/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bevy View Post
    t would just be faster to run a 65 version for the coins if that was the case.
    The coins are no longer acquirable.

The L65 RAID set can be acquired with Marks and Medallions.
    The various 3 piece sets cannot be acquired because the currency gets versioned and the vendor still takes the old currency. (Unless this was changed in the hotfix.)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Ah I see I was wrong about the coins. Thank you for speaking up of it! +rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000142e00/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I personally feel that it isn't just the armour sets that are outdated and out of touch with their classes. I feel the devs in charge of making the new armour sets and jewelry for the classes have no actual idea what is needed for their class to be successful.

Can't really say new sets are impressive, for some they do e.g. Guardian, but for few classes complete useless, don't see a Warden tanking in a set, with DPS stats, only in the moors maybe!

It is the same for Captains - their new set ist just about physical damage - not really a pick when being on healing hands.

I think that none of my chars will take the new set. They will stick to hytbold.

Quote Originally Posted by Geremir View Post
    Can't really say new sets are impressive, for some they do e.g. Guardian, but for few classes complete useless, don't see a Warden tanking in a set, with DPS stats, only in the moors maybe!
    The guardian set is also useless
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

Champ set however is decent. Because it does away with all the agility that is now almost useless for the fervour champ, and is rather cheap. On that note, at least the single target champ set from hytbold needs to have their stats rebalanced and lose the agility.

The Captain 5 piece bonus is bad. 10% chance to reset Battle-shout was underwhelming at 65, now it's just...not good...with the latest class changes and compared to the variety of other PvE and PvMP set bonuses.

However, I still like the stats of the actual gear (even with the physical damage) and 2/3/4 piece bonuses, and it can be a worthwhile easy alternative if you can't stand Hytbold.
    Beastwise, Captain, R15 | Gladden | Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Geremir View Post
    Can't really say new sets are impressive, for some they do e.g. Guardian,

Guard here and nope they aint worth a quest drop let alone marks/meds

ToO set or even Hytbolt orders bedda

The devs should take a long hard look at the set bonuses and change them so they make more sense for lvl 85.

The stat caps no longer exist. No one wants vit on a armor set bonus, we want class specific stats.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

I would like to see a dps version of the minstrel set and a tanking version of the warden set.

lol

worst gear ever, i heard there are new people in dev i thought its good news bur seems they dont know what each class needed even the raid skirm-raid sucks, bring back the old dev employees they have future. hope they see that lotro players are decreasing big time goin to guildwars etc coz of this ugly developments

They already gave us 3 gear choices with Hytbold. This is a 4th gear choice. They were under no obligation at all to even provide this set of gear.

Yeah the bonuses are terrible- they were at 65 too. Keep in mind though that instead of wasting time thinking of new good set bonuses that U10 will come with the other part of the instance cluster that will almost for sure have at least one more set of gear to choose from.

I can't believe there is this much complaining over *more* options. You guys must not have been around for the old days.
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

I'm sorry but everyone told them during beta that the Hybold gear was not really what they had hoped for and bonus wise compared to Orthanc lacks. They led us to believe that there would be raid quality gear. Hytbold gear is not. It is instance gear similar to Galtrev. To be fair, the raid cluster has not been released yet.

hope when something like orthanc gear is released it will be nice hytbold isnt raid gear yet its like draig, anf yeah we can complain coze pay tp lol if its free at all then we wont complain nyahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The Captain 5 piece bonus is bad. 10% chance to reset Battle-shout was underwhelming at 65, now it's just...not good...with the latest class changes and compared to the variety of other PvE and PvMP set bonuses.

However, I still like the stats of the actual gear (even with the physical damage) and 2/3/4 piece bonuses, and it can be a worthwhile easy alternative if you can't stand Hytbold.

Yes I agree, this 'Battle Shout has a 10% chance to reset cooldown' is useless compared to +5% damage return from Hytbold which lifts revealing mark to 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Bendin View Post
    Guard here and nope they aint worth a quest drop let alone marks/meds

ToO set or even Hytbolt orders bedda
    You blind or haven't even compared Hytbold vs BG?

BG offers more of, well pretty much everything guard needs.I put it on paper,every piece of both sets compared and took overall numbers and yes,BG set is way better (i cant find that paper atm,but anyone who does the same will come to same conclusion).

You get more vit,might,tons more block (hytbold gives &&&& block overall), more mitigations...you loose,if i remember correct, only a bit of evade and some ICPR...

Yes,on first sight of this set i was also '&&&,this is &&&&' but afrer giving it some time and effort to actually compare it is obvious BG is better then Hytbold.

In terms of stats BG set for champions is higher than hytbold set as well. Even for those going 3/3 or 4/2 (which is easily broken by getting gold pieces of armor) It is higher in all stats except agility and might... and as for might BG set has more raw mastery that overwrites the extra might in terms of dps. It also offers more critical rating, more fate, more vitality and a quite nice +768 tact. mitigation (handy in raids). As a downside is that it has only the 3 pieces bonus (pips on crits by bladewall) but i have never had a fervour problem since i have been using it anyway. So IMO BG set > Hytbold set for champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmarrar View Post
    So IMO BG set > Hytbold set for champs.
    No, just no. Did you factor in set bonuses (e.g. might and crit for 2- and 4 pieces on the Berserker Set)? And also the three piece bonus alone (pip return und Remorseless Crit) does way more for your DPS than having a bit more of stats. You may not have had any fervour issues before (neither had I), but that's not what the set bonus is about, it not a fix for Fervour issues. If your Remorseless crits and you get something like 4-5 pips, you instantly follow up with Brutal or Fercocious, whereas otherwise you would need to build pips again (via less damaging skills). If the Mob falls below Merciful's morale threshold, then you can just follow Remorseless up with a Merciful for whatever pips are available at that moment (and merciful its like a truck at high pip levels).
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    No, just no. Did you factor in set bonuses (e.g. might and crit for 2- and 4 pieces on the Berserker Set)?
    Yes, did count all of the stats as a sum and the BG is all-round better with the exception of might, which makes up by having higher sum of physical mastery.

As for the other issue, with wild attack + blade wall combo my fervour generation is topped allready (practically never need more) and the bonus you suggest from 3/3 by fulling again fervour meter by a remorseless crit is not something that will happen all the time. The major flaw of the Hytbold set 3/3 (not talking about 4/2 because BG there is better statwise and same bonuswise) is that once u manage to get a gold armor piece u need to break this lovely 2-bonus thingie if you want to actually update your gear. So for me (happy owner of malledhrim champions boots) BG set is really a one way. Now for the rest.. the difference is not great but the pick is between higher overall stats (small increase) and occasionally more pips (small increase again).

Quote Originally Posted by Galmarrar View Post
    Yes, did count all of the stats as a sum and the BG is all-round better with the exception of might, which makes up by having higher sum of physical mastery.

As for the other issue, with wild attack + blade wall combo my fervour generation is topped allready (practically never need more) and the bonus you suggest from 3/3 by fulling again fervour meter by a remorseless crit is not something that will happen all the time. The major flaw of the Hytbold set 3/3 (not talking about 4/2 because BG there is better statwise and same bonuswise) is that once u manage to get a gold armor piece u need to break this lovely 2-bonus thingie if you want to actually update your gear. So for me (happy owner of malledhrim champions boots) BG set is really a one way. Now for the rest.. the difference is not great but the pick is between higher overall stats (small increase) and occasionally more pips (small increase again).
    You still miss the point. The pick is not between higher stats and more pips, but between higher stats (only a small increase) vs. a free finisher (Ferocious, Brutal, high-pip merciful) every now and then. And it happens more often than you think it does. Crit capped you are looking at 25% crit + 10% dev + 5% crit from Wild Attack proc = 40% to get pips back, in DW Remorseless has two strikes so you'll get 2 chances to proc the effect. In a raid your crit will be even higher, due to burgs (+6% inc. crit chance on the target per Improved Counterdefence on the mob) and Runekeepers (their crit buff is a percentage value, so it goes over the cap).
    As for golden pieces: I also have the malledhrim boots and the golden horse-lord helm and wear 4 pieces of the berserker set. Stats are at 36k mastery and 10.5k crit. I don't see how the BG set will be a big improvement and the set bonuses are lackluster while the 3-set bonus of the Berserker set is one of the best bonuses ever created on Champ armour.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    As for golden pieces: I also have the malledhrim boots and the golden horse-lord helm and wear 4 pieces of the berserker set. Stats are at 36k mastery and 10.5k crit. I don't see how the BG set will be a big improvement and the set bonuses are lackluster while the 3-set bonus of the Berserker set is one of the best bonuses ever created on Champ armour.
    On the other hand, it suits me much more having 5 BG pieces with the enhanced fervour generation on bladewall + golden boots instead of going for the golden boots + hytbold remorseless bonus. Remorseless bonus, without the bladewall bonus seems lacking in terms of stable fervour production.

For me its comparing slightly better stats (significant is some cases like the tactical mit chunk) + stable fervour generation VS slighly lower stats and burst fervour generation for finishers under certain conditions.