We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for right server

I posted this in Brandywine, but I wanted to see what people over here thought too. I'm am new to LOTRO, and I'm looking for a server with a good population. I've been playing in Firefoot for a few days and it seems pretty dead. I've heard that Brandywine has the largest consistent population, but that Dwarrowdelf currently has the largest active population. This graph illustrates:

http://lux-hdro.de/images/live/weekly-logins-us.png

But, it looks like there are spikes for each server due to Turbine changing the default server for new players, who mostly quit playing after a week. I'm wondering if Dwarrowdelf is just in one of those spikes and is most likely going to drop back down to an average sized server, or is the sudden growth for real? I want a server with a long term, healthy population where I can find groups for raids/instances for all range of levels. So is Brandywine good for all levels, or is it mostly full of high levels now? And what is the population in Dwarrowdelf like?

Thanks!

Right server, my opinion

I play on Arkenstone and find it to be a pretty busy server. We have players of all levels. Try it out if you wish.

Adannara

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket34 View Post
    I posted this in Brandywine, but I wanted to see what people over here thought too. I'm am new to LOTRO, and I'm looking for a server with a good population. I've been playing in Firefoot for a few days and it seems pretty dead. I've heard that Brandywine has the largest consistent population, but that Dwarrowdelf currently has the largest active population. This graph illustrates:

But, it looks like there are spikes for each server due to Turbine changing the default server for new players, who mostly quit playing after a week. I'm wondering if Dwarrowdelf is just in one of those spikes and is most likely going to drop back down to an average sized server, or is the sudden growth for real? I want a server with a long term, healthy population where I can find groups for raids/instances for all range of levels. So is Brandywine good for all levels, or is it mostly full of high levels now? And what is the population in Dwarrowdelf like?

Thanks!
    Let me think.....

There's Dwarrendelf a huge increase for now.
    There's Arkenstone one of the morst Popular worlds there is.
    There's Vilya A good classic World with lots of good kins to help you out
    and there's Nimrodel,Nice and friendly plenty of lower levels there.

I think there will always be a range of different activeness, who knows nimrodell might be the star of middle earth!
    But Maybe you should join one with a nice steady growth Dwarrrendelf probably won't be like this forever.... Probably

Good luck deciding your bests from Nimrodel

Soruof only char

Ps:You could chose nimrodel if you want, but it isn't exactly the most active you could pick good luck choosing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket34 View Post

Thanks!

Brandywine is an extremely populated server. but, if you are looking for a house somewhere down the road, its not the server for you. since FTP, the housing crisis is horrid. But, other than that, its an extremely busy server. No, don't expect Turbine to fix the problem with housing on Brandywine, because they wont.

Darrowdelf

Come to Darrowdelf, Please. It's true that we are receiving an influx of new players, but most just play for a week. You aren't a quitter, are ya? Come to Darrow and i'll hook you up with a pretty legit kin and starting gear to get you on your feet. All you need is to stay here and convince your friends to come. Darrowdelf is by far a pretty good, non-dead server but it is my wish to see if flourish and overtake Brandywine in constant population.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that graph is ANCIENT. I've seen it many times before.

You know what I love? People from other servers staying on their damn servers.

If you're looking for a server to join, I would recommend Dwarrowdelf. My suggestion might be biased, since I have been playing on this server for over a year now, but I like it. Dwarrow, like every other server, has its ups and downs. Depending on your level, I could get you in contact with an old kin of mine and get you set up with that kin, some good crafted gear, people to level with, etc.

As long as you stay away from GLFF (unless you don't mind constant trolling), I think you'll like our server.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

I've been on this server from pretty much when it started, but influx of population is usually in a cycle of going up and then down.

Currently for pvp (don't know if you want to pvp at all) we're going down, but it might pick up again soon.

As for pve I can't really say population wise, but all around the community is very friendly and helpful (except for the trolls ;P ),
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom