We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Now multiply that by 29 servers and the associated hardware and systems. In a perfect world, everything goes off exactly as planned and the down times are accurate. In a better than perfect world we come up early (as we have by at least 30 minutes the past several updates, including yesterday). Unfortunately there are also those times when unexpected issues make things take longer, and in some cases much longer than anticipated.

This is simply one of those times when the unexpected happened and things are taking much longer than originally anticipated.
    na in a perfect world you have redundent servers and you are able to swap people to the updated servers without them relizing anything happened.

5-10 years turbine your next generation game.....

maybe in 15-20 you can design AI systems that creat a dynamic and ever evolving and changing world.

then in 30 years when everyone is spending all their time in virtual worlds the "smart" people will have the real natural world all to them selves muahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bels_illuminati View Post
    What the Nazi character with a caption claiming the Europeans are coming?

Yes, that is offensive. If I posted the same but swapped the pic for a fictional &&& member and the word Europeans with Americans I would expect to get banned frankly.
    You know, I didn't take it to mean "Europeans are Nazis." Why did you?

If you found a pic of a member of the Kooky Komedy Klan and used it to make a joke about Americans, I can only speak for myself and say it would not bother me.

In any event, if you want to get technical, Colonel Klink was a member of the Wermacht, as I recall, and I believe the Wermacht were not officially Nazis. I may be mistaken as I am not any kind of WWII buff.

Its 9:32 still can't log in. I see another extention

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    A really fast update. We're very close, we know we're past the 9:30 estimate we made, but we should be up shortly. Just hang with us a little bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by labtech468 View Post
    I was appalled by all of those posts, actually. My comments were directed at all the posts stereotyping countries..
    Well in the juvenile nature of much of the complaining nature of this thread:

"They started it" with the 'murican &&&&.
    "To the corner liquor store and back again" A Not So Unexpected Journey.

Had to cancel a kin event and lost some valuable holiday vacation playing time, but any time you guys are fixing something I'm a happy camper!

Thank you, everyone at Turbine who pushed to get this fixed so quickly, and thanks to Sapience for letting us know what's up.

9:33pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lalaaaaaaaa

A really fast update. We're very close, we know we're past the 9:30 estimate we made, but we should be up shortly. Just hang with us a little bit longer.
    Thanks for update Sapience!

9:31 est

Well its 9:31 EST. Does anyone know how much longer we get to sit and laugh at people while we wait for the login server?

2:33am in my watch, is it over? im not going to bed until i log in

Quote Originally Posted by Bels_illuminati View Post
    What the Nazi character with a caption claiming the Europeans are coming?

Yes, that is offensive. If I posted the same but swapped the pic for a fictional &&& member and the word Europeans with Americans I would expect to get banned frankly.

EDIT. Heh Nazi is fine but a largely defunct racist organisation is censored. -_-
    That’s an old 1960s TV show about Allied prisoners in a German concentration camp. A comedy show by the way. The post in question was indeed intended humorously.

“HOGAN”

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    You know, I didn't take it to mean "Europeans are Nazis." Why did you?

If you found a pic of a member of the Kooky Komedy Klan and used it to make a joke about Americans, I can only speak for myself and say it would not bother me.

In any event, if you want to get technical, Colonel Klink was a member of the Wermacht, as I recall, and I believe the Wermacht were not officially Nazis. I may be mistaken as I am not any kind of WWII buff.
    Hah! Maybe Europeans are unhappy that the example of Colonel Klink was such a doofus and incompetent. and it was a POW camp.
    Last edited by DrTEE; Dec 18 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    .Also Faerlynie Grd61; Helga Htr56; Gilglasun Htr55; Faeracar Wdn51; Yanamila Lmr36; Zharyl Min36, Lirsun Wdn31; Symliwen Min23; Sunlaer Htrr23; Tharel Chp22; Aethylwulf Grd17; Sunrian Lmr16 + the other accounts;play on Crickhollow, too.

Today's episode of "The Guild" was very apropos regarding gamer rage. Check it out while you're waiting.

Thank you!!!

And we're up =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

3:40 am here right now in France! :-)

First it was till 5:30, then to 7:30, then to 9:30, I mean I like fixes and maybe one past time announcement is necessary, but it is now on the second, 4 hours from the original time, and the servers are still down, maybe a "Sleep on it" would be more appropriate?

Thanks so much for keeping us updated and the work the team is putting in. I and a lot of other appreciate it.
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” Faramir

So is this soon? but not that soon, but sooner then that soon, but closer to that soon?
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Turbine Account Maintenance Scheduled Downtime: Wendesday, December 19th

this...makes this thread all the funnier LOL
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002781a9/01008/signature.png]Lestaht[/charsig]

[URL="http://forums.lotro.com/name/nm0000093/"][B][COLOR=#003399]Achilles[/COLOR][/B][/URL]: At night I see their faces. All the men I've killed. They're standing there on the far bank of the river Styx. They're waiting for me. They say, 'Welcome, brother'.

Thanks for the updates Sapience and Celestrata. And thanks to the devs and tech folks who are working to get us back into Middle Earth with all the shiny new stuff!

*cookies and hugs for all*
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

Irony: I went from subscription select back to the login screen. Did you guys decide to bounce it? (I've got someone sitting in TS thats the first person on glff..so.. #confused)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    And we're up =)
    No we're not!

This will be so funny because when the servers come back online they are simply going to crash again because of the mass amounts of players logging on.

It's alive.
    Megabob

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast