We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 569
  1. #1

    Hotfix 3-5pm (-5GMT)

    brilliant 8-10 pm GMT, prime time on Euro servers, nice one Turbine.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    brilliant 8-10 pm GMT, prime time on Euro servers, nice one Turbine.
    You know what I would rather they fix whatever is broken when they are ready to fix it instead of waiting and letting it impact the game badly.

    No matter when they take it down it is going to impact SOMEONES prime playing time. In this case it happens to be mine (yes I am American this is just when I can fit gaming into my schedule).

    If they are doing this so unannounced and in the middle of the US day it is probably pretty important that it get done fast.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,872
    Oh, is it time for the weekly, 'Turbine hates the Euro players' thread?

    Or is this just venting?

    Either way, this 'hotfix' is probably to resolve some sorta exploit. It's the only reason they would bring the servers down so soon after an update and with little warning.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    brilliant 8-10 pm GMT, prime time on Euro servers, nice one Turbine.
    People like you don't deserve to play the game in my opinion. Constant whining just for the hell of it. Turbine is fixing something, and yet you flame them for doing so immediately. That's disrespectful as hell.
    Last edited by The-Walrus; Dec 18 2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarian View Post
    You know what I would rather they fix whatever is broken when they are ready to fix it instead of waiting and letting it impact the game badly.

    No matter when they take it down it is going to impact SOMEONES prime playing time. In this case it happens to be mine (yes I am American this is just when I can fit gaming into my schedule).

    If they are doing this so unannounced and in the middle of the US day it is probably pretty important that it get done fast.
    Well they should say what the Hotfix is, it would maybe placate people, and I`m sorry, but a 2 hour Hotfix would have been better done at a quieter time, because wherever you are, post 7pm in your time zone is prime time.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  6. #6
    It's a different thing if kins have to abort/cancel their raids spontanously because of this...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stewartstown, PA
    Posts
    439
    I'd say perfect timing. Should all be back up by the time I get home from work

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    People like you don't deserve to play the game in my opinion. Constant whining just for the hell of it. Makes me sick.
    So as a paying Customer I am not entitled to voice my dissatisfaction that 30 hours after an Update, my prime Gaming time is disrupted by a Hotfix, that I have no idea what it is, and where do you get the `constant whining just for the hell of it`.

    I logged on hoping to do some of the 3 mans that I paid for in june, you know, the ones that are broken, and now I cant, because an unknown Hotfix is being applied, so yes, I have the right to complain.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  9. #9
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    The reasoning is pretty simple. We had two options. Today, as soon as possible (which happens to be 3PM local time), or some time after the new year. Possibly as late as late January. Our production calendar is pretty full and we have the Holidays to consider (yes, we do sometimes let people leave the building to be with their families).

    What is being fixed are the quests for the new instances. Yesterday we had to disable them and we simply did not want to let this situation stand through out the holidays. So the team put together a fix, we got it approved and we pushed hard to get this out today.

    The amount of downtime required is about the shortest we can accomodate. There is a minimum window of time required just to cycle through the systems and confirm and validate the changes. Two hours is about the smallest window of time to do that.

  10. #10
    It does seem like they should be able to patch the Euro servers at a different time than the other servers.
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The reasoning is pretty simple. We had two options. Today, as soon as possible (which happens to be 3PM local time), or some time after the new year. Possibly as late as late January. Our production calendar is pretty full and we have the Holidays to consider (yes, we do sometimes let people leave the building to be with their families).

    What is being fixed are the quests for the new instances. Yesterday we had to disable them and we simply did not want to let this situation stand through out the holidays. So the team put together a fix, we got it approved and we pushed hard to get this out today.

    For the recod, the amount of downtime required is about the shortest we can accomodate. There is a minimum window of time required just to cycle through the systems and confirm and validate the changes. Two hours is about the smallest window of time to do that.
    I am now more than placated that the Hotfix is being applied immiediately, thank you for your swift explanation, one happier paying customer
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The reasoning is pretty simple. We had two options. Today, as soon as possible (which happens to be 3PM local time), or some time after the new year. Possibly as late as late January. Our production calendar is pretty full and we have the Holidays to consider (yes, we do sometimes let people leave the building to be with their families).

    What is being fixed are the quests for the new instances. Yesterday we had to disable them and we simply did not want to let this situation stand through out the holidays. So the team put together a fix, we got it approved and we pushed hard to get this out today.

    The amount of downtime required is about the shortest we can accomodate. There is a minimum window of time required just to cycle through the systems and confirm and validate the changes. Two hours is about the smallest window of time to do that.

    thank you Sapience for the update. glad you all decided to fix it now rather than later.

    Happy Holidays.
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over to the side of the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as an additional reminder, please do not drink and drive when out celebrating.***

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The reasoning is pretty simple. We had two options. Today, as soon as possible (which happens to be 3PM local time), or some time after the new year. Possibly as late as late January. Our production calendar is pretty full and we have the Holidays to consider (yes, we do sometimes let people leave the building to be with their families).

    What is being fixed are the quests for the new instances. Yesterday we had to disable them and we simply did not want to let this situation stand through out the holidays. So the team put together a fix, we got it approved and we pushed hard to get this out today.

    The amount of downtime required is about the shortest we can accomodate. There is a minimum window of time required just to cycle through the systems and confirm and validate the changes. Two hours is about the smallest window of time to do that.
    Is this fix forthe ore crafting instance in Hybold? I bugged this. bear and easterling leader kill does not update after you kill them and quest cannot be finished.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St Louis Mo
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Possibly as late as late January. Our production calendar is pretty full

    What is being fixed are the quests for the new instances. Yesterday we had to disable them and we simply did not want to let this situation stand through out the holidays. So the team put together a fix, we got it approved and we pushed hard to get this out today.

    The amount of downtime required is about the shortest we can accomodate. There is a minimum window of time required just to cycle through the systems and confirm and validate the changes. Two hours is about the smallest window of time to do that.
    Yah to a reason and valid, player placating one at that.. but... What ELSE pray tell is on the production calendar between today and THE LATE PART OF JANUARY? Was kinda hoping that the downtime was to restore the Hytbold Dailies that still do not appear to be back in the rotation.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Is this fix forthe ore crafting instance in Hybold? I bugged this. bear and easterling leader kill does not update after you kill them and quest cannot be finished.
    It'd be nice to know. My crafters will greatly appreciate having access to compendium 4s over the holidays...
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    45
    Thought that hot fix was intended for the missing BG locks, does that mean it works as intended?
    [center][color=yellow]The Mellowship/Eldar[/color][/center]

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    brilliant 8-10 pm GMT, prime time on Euro servers, nice one Turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    I am now more than placated that the Hotfix is being applied immiediately, thank you for your swift explanation, one happier paying customer
    Funny...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarian View Post
    You know what I would rather they fix whatever is broken when they are ready to fix it instead of waiting and letting it impact the game badly.
    Broken? Rather someone found a way to exploit festival without using the store ... Since that what the store is for in RoR.

  19. #19
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Was kinda hoping that the downtime was to restore the Hytbold Dailies that still do not appear to be back in the rotation.
    They returned with Update 9. They're back in the rotation.




    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Is this fix forthe ore crafting instance in Hybold? I bugged this. bear and easterling leader kill does not update after you kill them and quest cannot be finished.
    All of the following will be re-enabled and/or fixed. This is a full list of changes.


    • Seat of the Great Goblin, Tier 1
    • Seat of the Great Goblin, Tier 2
    • Iorbar's Peak, Tier 1
    • Iorbar's Peak, Tier 2
    • Iorbar's Peak, Challenge
    • Webs of the Scuttledells, Tier 1
    • Webs of the Scuttledells, Tier 2
    • Webs of the Scuttledells, Challenge
    • Spiders and Flies, Tier 1
    • Spiders and Flies, Tier 2
    • Iserngraf: Severance (the crafting quest you're asking about)

  20. #20
    Hmm 2hr downtime, perfect amount of time to get some stuff done around the house and keep the wife happy

    And happy days off turbine employees : )
    Last edited by swamp; Dec 18 2012 at 02:49 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    62
    What?

    No invisible horses fix?
    No BG locks fix?
    No weapons showing sheathed and unsheathed at the same time fix?

    Seriously...
    Last edited by Araglad; Dec 18 2012 at 02:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000128e13/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    So as a paying Customer I am not entitled to voice my dissatisfaction that 30 hours after an Update, my prime Gaming time is disrupted by a Hotfix, that I have no idea what it is, and where do you get the `constant whining just for the hell of it`.

    I logged on hoping to do some of the 3 mans that I paid for in june, you know, the ones that are broken, and now I cant, because an unknown Hotfix is being applied, so yes, I have the right to complain.
    Well, you sure do, but other people have prime time in another time. Ever thought about that?
    And I have right to tell you you are disrespectfully flaming Turbine for fixing something immediately.
    You know what? I am absolutely sure you would whine if they fixed it in a non-emergency way couple weeks later without disrupting your precious prime time.

    Oh and don't give me the "I payed for blabla" "I deserve" nonsense. You payed for an expansion and you were told you won't have to pay for instance cluster, which comes in next major update. You were never promised to get them at launch.
    Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.

  23. #23
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Araglad View Post
    What?

    No invisible horses fix?
    No Hytbold crafting instances fix?
    No BG locks fix?
    No weapons showing sheathed and unsheathed at the same time fix?

    Seriously...
    The Hytbold crafting instance is listed as part of the fix (see above).
    No BG locks isn't a bug, it's intentional.

    Visual issues aren't considered hotfix candidates (they don't block content or prevent normal game play).

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lebanon, IN
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    Hmm 2hr downtime, perfect amount of time to get some stuff done around the house and keep the wife happy
    Any chance you could instill this insight into my husband?
    Amandakay (Arkenstone), refugee from Elendilmir
    Amorina (Laurelin)
    Hallaniel and Harweniel (Landroval)
    Lilta and Zyphrantha (Gladden)
    Bruyera (Sirannon), refugee from Estel

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stewartstown, PA
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The Hytbold crafting instance is listed as part of the fix (see above).
    No BG locks isn't a bug, it's intentional.

    Visual issues aren't considered hotfix candidates (they don't block content or prevent normal game play).
    Perhaps a special lottery is in order to quell the masses

 

 
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload