We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Important!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    200

    Exclamation Important!!

    I MUST KNOW!!! What is the new stats on the upgraded moors banner and jewelry? I have not seen a thread on this and they were supposed to scale up those items with this update. Any news or can someone check??? I currently do not have access to the game. Sad me

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    22
    Same stats as War banner offensive and morale wise.
    1500 mitigations

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    200

    Thumbs down

    only 1500.....thats &&&&. only went up about 150 for each.....lame. Hmmm, lets see creeps morale jumps 10-15k, my mits jump 150. YAY.... -.-

  4. #4
    Oh it gets better

    My physical mastery went up by 1.2%

    My physical mitigation went up by a whopping .2%
    My tactical mitigation went up by .4%

    If they aren't going to adjust the DR each round they really need to start making stuff like this a raw % because a .4% increase is terrible.
    Last edited by Armitas; Dec 19 2012 at 08:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    200

    TURBINE YOU NEED TO RE-EVALUATE THIS SITUATION....Errr this FAIL

    No joke...I want Relentless buff that reavers get... +20% Mits which is great because if you are a smart reaver you stack your mits on your corruptions...they already do a ton of damage, now with the mits and self heals can you say melee mini?

  6. #6
    The coldfells banner is a pvp banner, as such those in the moors already have high mits stacked, including us captains. The problem is that DR is already biting hard. The mitigation slice we got with 85 was a .2% physical mitigation increase and a .4% tactical mitigation increase for me. This will be even less once my jewelry and cloak are updated with their new slice.


    Since this banner provides a group wide buff I think that it's value should be secured in a way to remain equally useful in all environments and to all players. It should bypass DR as a direct percentage increase to mitigation. I reference reavers new 20% increase, relentless, that bypasses DR. It's value should be secure, flat and reliable. I suggest the same for the LM pet.
    Last edited by Armitas; Dec 19 2012 at 10:41 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    No joke...I want Relentless buff that reavers get... +20% Mits which is great because if you are a smart reaver you stack your mits on your corruptions...they already do a ton of damage, now with the mits and self heals can you say melee mini?
    I agree, Reavers are atrocious now. It used to take skill to play, now all they have to do is pop Wrath to win.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    872
    As far as pathetic increases in percentages, is there not a 'diminishing return' mechanic? You approach a limit that essentially bounds Mitigations, relative to your level, to a maximum range. Can you really expect to get huge percantage shifts up, up, and away? If there is a cap to Mitigation, and you are very close to it, getting better jewellery shouldn't take you past it. Therefore, only tiny percantage shifts could be expected. Is that not the case? Does Mastery follow a similar trend?

    As far as Reavers, the mitigation boost is not constant. As they take damage, they lose that value, with a slight increase to damage output. Still, it is a powerful stat, I'm not arguing that. One should just tell the whole truth of the stat, not just one convenient part of it for the sake of a one-sided argument.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    200

    I want that

    Ok, I would also like a buff where I have 20% ADDITIONAL mitigations, that as I take damage, I can heal myself with every skill I use, and then as it slowly decreases in mitigation strength, compensates with more damage output off setting the battle duration ultimately reducing the amount of damage I will receive because I will kill the opponent that much faster.

    This skill is almost as if turbine went to the kid that always loses fights, and asked, hey there sonny, what skill can we give you so you wont ever have to worry about getting beat up again. To which the kid replies, "like a buff where I have 20% ADDITIONAL mitigations, that as I take damage, I can heal myself with every skill I use, and then as it slowly decreases in mitigation strength, compensates with more damage output off setting the battle duration ultimately reducing the amount of damage I will receive because I will kill the opponent that much faster."

    And what did they do? Well they made it and gave it to them. Hmmm, ok new cappy skill. When I pop Last stand, I want 300% damage output for the duration of last stand with 200% decrease in attack duration, oh and with every skill I use I get a 400-600 heal. Ya, turbine what about my rediculous request?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aadaboy19 View Post
    Hmmm, ok new cappy skill. When I pop Last stand, I want 300% damage output for the duration of last stand with 200% decrease in attack duration, oh and with every skill I use I get a 400-600 heal. Ya, turbine what about my rediculous request?
    Turbines response after the laughter ends: No one cares about your solo play. Why should I waste an ounce of development time on a class that's meant to be in a group. Roll another class if you want to be solo.

    I'm being unfairly cynical, but that's how it plays out in my mind. T
    Last edited by Armitas; Dec 20 2012 at 10:25 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    872
    Hmm... This thread is devoid of reasonable talk and more of a whine-fest. I'll have to go ask elsewhere about confirmation regarding diminishing returns by how new gear lowers percentage gains on stats as one reaches a maximum value.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec_Soul View Post
    Hmm... This thread is devoid of reasonable talk and more of a whine-fest. I'll have to go ask elsewhere about confirmation regarding diminishing returns by how new gear lowers percentage gains on stats as one reaches a maximum value.
    I mentioned and confirmed DR twice already. DR stands for diminishing returns. As the rating gets higher you get less and less value per increase. So when you add new gear you get less value per rating.

    Next time you want something ask nicely. You don't have to insult your audience.
    Last edited by Armitas; Dec 20 2012 at 04:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I mentioned and confirmed DR twice already.
    Lost in translation, in fact. Perhaps a side-effect of skimming, but DR should actually be spelled out to Diminishing Returns, lest confusion arises.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I mentioned and confirmed DR twice already. DR stands for diminishing returns. As the rating gets higher you get less and less value per increase. So when you add new gear you get less value per rating.

    Next time you want something ask nicely. You don't have to insult your audience.
    That's exactly the point. It is there for a reason, and that is to avoid an uncapping of percentage gains past an absolute maximum. You can't expect to continually level up and get gear that boosts percentages to 100% by the time we reach Mordor. There has to be a limit, and 'DR' is the way to control stat gains. Why complain about it? At level 75, I had a percentage in mitigations. As I get to level 85, they drop. Getting new on-level gear that takes me just a bit higher than my previous 'percentage' is still an improvement, no matter how small, because it is all relative to current level. Therefore, what may seem as 'insignificant' percentage gains are actually scaled improvements per level cap, with regard to the limit on how much we can mitigate, critical, etc.

    That's what I wanted to hear back about. Why complain about 'DR' when it is common knowledge that the devs are trying to balance out the class for both PvE and PvP. However, I don't mean to insult, so that being the interpretation on my reaction to complaints on a mechanic that is there for a good reason (in my opinion), I'll bow out. Peace.
    Last edited by Aztec_Soul; Dec 20 2012 at 04:50 PM.

  14. #14
    I found the updated formula for diminishing returns on mitigations. here it is.
    Last edited by Armitas; Dec 20 2012 at 07:19 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload