We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Radar monster tracker

I have seen lots of posts to remove this from PvMP, but I think it should be scrapped entirely for a couple of reasons.

1. It makes hunter tracking skills worthless. Everybody can now track better than hunter skills allow.
    2. It makes players too omniscient. Part of the risk of the game is running over a hill or through a blizzard and suddenly encountering a mob. Part of the fun is searching behind rocks and over hills looking for things to kill.
    3. We are humans/elves/dwarves/hobbits, not robots. We don't have an omnidirectional radar dish strapped to our heads. It just doesn't make sense.

I am not proposing that we go completely dark like it used to be. It makes sense to show friendly NPC's, quests etc, things that are shown on the map in known positions should still show.

The monster tracker should have been applied as a temporary aid for new players up to a certain level and as the level rises the less monsters will show up at the radar up to the point the players are familiar enough with the game. Personally I'd let the new players have that monster tracker active for 5 to 7 levels and then it should be gone. After that you're on your own.

My main is a hunter and I like it. It's great in Rohan when I'm barreling along on my war steed fighting a mob and I can see on the radar aggressive mobs I may be in danger of running into. That way I don't have to spin my camera around so much and can concentrate more on whatever I'm fighting. There is an option to turn it off if you don't want to use it.

I can't speak for it's use in PvMP. Hunter tracking is still quite useful and has a longer range. And while we don't have radar dishes above our heads neither do we have floaty names in glowing letters.