We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gulliermo del toro as Advisor for second Hobbit film

Hey I really enjoyed the hobbit, I could see the work of Guillermo del Toro left for it used by Peter Jackson. (Animations specially Gollum, elves, etc)

Would you like Guillermo del Toro to come back as Advisor (not director thats Peter Jackson) for the next movies?

Comment.

Thumbs down

I would have to say no, only 2 things that might have been his work and that was Thranduil on the elk and maybe the design of the Gobblin king. The only advisor Jackson needs is the fans. Not a fan of Del Torro's work with the exception of Pans Labyrinth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewl_of_the_lake View Post
    I would have to say no, only 2 things that might have been his work and that was Thranduil on the elk and maybe the design of the Gobblin king. The only advisor Jackson needs is the fans. Not a fan of Del Torro's work with the exception of Pans Labyrinth.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Guillermo del Toro left more material than just Thranduil and his elk, even Rivendel, the cast of dwarves that was all del Toro, I suggest you see hellboy 2 and pre-production video of the hobbit.
    Last edited by Al.; Dec 20 2012 at 01:37 AM.

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    I must confess I've not seen much of Tel Torro's work, Hellboy 2 and Pan's Labyrinth, but loved both of those. I must further confess that I haven't seen The Hobbit and have no immediate plans to. In 51 years I've become fond of comfort and as I have a 62 inch screen HD tv and Bose surround sound system at my disposal, and as I have gotten very good at delayed gratification, I plan to wait for blu ray and watch w/ a beer or a nice single barrel batch bourbon (or both) on a nice comfy sofa.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    I must confess I've not seen much of Tel Torro's work, Hellboy 2 and Pan's Labyrinth, but loved both of those. I must further confess that I haven't seen The Hobbit and have no immediate plans to. In 51 years I've become fond of comfort and as I have a 62 inch screen HD tv and Bose surround sound system at my disposal, and as I have gotten very good at delayed gratification, I plan to wait for blu ray and watch w/ a beer or a nice single barrel batch bourbon (or both) on a nice comfy sofa.
    Or you could go watch it in a gold class cinema

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Or you could go watch it in a gold class cinema
    Never even heard of a gold class cinema. Are you telling me there are movie theatres where I can enjoy a beer and a bourbon?
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Never even heard of a gold class cinema. Are you telling me there are movie theatres where I can enjoy a beer and a bourbon?
    Here in Australia (and I'm guessing we're not the only place) we have standard and gold class. Gold class costs about twice the price per ticket, but has a lot of luxuries you don't get in a standard cinema. The seats are much larger and have big cushioned arm-rests and they recline. At a guess I'd say they have about a quarter the audience size of a regular cinema, with a fully licensed bar and full waiter service. Obviously you have to pay for your meal and drinks but they are brought right to your seat, you can even ask that the drinks keep being delivered at regular intervals When I mention meals I'm talking restaurant quality here, not popcorn and hot dogs (of course you can have those too if you wish).

I'm a similar age to you, and I'd never go to the movies any other way these days. I also enjoy a good movie at home on my big screen, but you can't beat the experience of watching these big epics on the giant cinema screens, experiencing it in the luxury of gold class is just icing on the pie

I'd love del Toro to be a consultant for the Hobbit parts 2 and 3. not just because I'm a fan but because the fantasy elements of his films are really effective. if he's the one who envisioned Thranduil's entrance (and that elk) then that's one proof of how he can make certain scenes stick to a viewer's memory (also the pale man in Pan's labyrinth and the elemental in hell boy 2). if the Hobbit will be the last book Hollywood will be producing out of the professor's works til the next decade (given Hollywood's annoying habit of remaking every classic) then I hope it'll be so visually stunning and at times horrifying (perhaps with Smaug?) that it'll serve as a benchmark for fantasy films. I don't know about others but to me fantasy literature has always been the professor's books.
    one thing I think del Toro might overdo in the Hobbit will be the horror part, because that's his forte. though I personally wouldn't mind a darker version :P
    Last edited by kittypoo; Dec 22 2012 at 02:01 AM.
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

I hope they will release a book with the designs by Del Toro, I'd like to see his take on Middle Earth.

Does anyone who follows the news closely know if they've said anything about Smaug? I've heard Del Toro bragging about it when he was in charge, so I'd like to see his version in all its glory.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/moolah-theat...ge-saint-louis

You might enjoy viewing at the Moolah Lounge in St. Louis. Not sure, but I would guess other cities have similar theaters.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    [b][u][ M e n e l d o r ][/u][/b] | Aethniniel || Aethnin || Aethwen |