We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was a little taken back at the massive hits as we never used to use a tank but after the first run and remembering all positioning, mechanics, cc and debuffs it really is ridiculously easy just like it was before. But yes - you really do need a tank.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Still dont have figured the tactics for first boss without loremaster.

With no anti-stun the one with the eye has too leave the group but is then oneshotted.

If he stands in the group (in meleerange), tank and everyone else is stunned and the person with eye is still oneshotted.

So what to do it without loremaster?

Or is there a range so that the tank is not stunned but you still are in melee range?

i agree its easy just like at lvl 65 however at lvl 65 SG had good loot including symbols.
    ran it 5 times yesterday and out of all the chests all i EVER! got was bounties, this is completly fail.
    in fact out of the 5 runs only 1 person ever got a teal peice even, loosen the loot strings a bit and add in tarnished symbols

My tank got dragged there kicking and screaming last night. Something about being a place where a symbol drop is almost guaranteed etc. etc. (who cares about your shiny weapons I want better jewellry and armour!) And that the ideal group is a captain with 5 champs, any other class is just a liability etc.

Sadly we only had two champs and two cappies, with myself as "liability".

Figured things might have changed when i ended up burning Grace of the Eldar on the first trash pull, then wiping on the next few. I'm not used to having to watch my own health bar to see if i need to hit pledge in the first 10 seconds of the fight, since i'm busy with gathering agro and facing mobs away from the group. In a way this is a good thing since if you need pledge in the first 10 seconds you're going to wipe anyway, this saved wasting cooldowns on attempts that are doomed to fail. Then we got a 6th person, ancient master traited loremaster, which calmed things down a bit.

I must admit it's never been my favourite instance and probably hadn't been there for 18 months, the champ of course has farmed the place on a daily basis since the launch of Mirkwood so was leading the group. Since he knew what he was doing i was told to hide around the corner with the others while he pulls, then i have to try and grab all the agro and pull the brute into a corner with his back turned to everyone. Champ got very angry because i kept dragging the brute through his current position on the way to the corner, leading to him being oneshotted.

Eventually I suggested that maybe it's his responsibility to get the hell out of my way if i'm towing something nasty, but it took a long time for me to stop laughing.

Aside from the comedy crits, it does seem easier than i remember. Fewer sorcerors to lock you into a feared/knocked back/induction loop. Boss 3 evaporated, DPS is insane these days without the caps.

At the end of it all, the reward for the 1.5G repair bill and stack of used health pots was one purple earring (won by the cappy but traded to me, since he doesnt really need vit and parry rating). There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY[/url]

Fail Loot

The instance was fun. It was challenging and took us a while as the first boss hits like a truck.

The complaint? The loot.

2 hours and all we got was meds and marks. No armour. No Jewelry. No Teal. No Gold. No Symbols.

Overall, a huge waste of time. I don't mind that I personally did not get anything, but when not a single person in my kin gets a single thing, I say fail. Loot tables and odds need to be updated

Fail loot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000002ddd3/01007/signature.png]Silmarilos[/charsig]

Guys run it T1.

Had 4 runs and seen the golden mini shield drop and twice champion 16% Crit multiplier boots drop.

Had ZERO loot in T2 challenge drop. Seems T2 challenge is just for increase of meds etc

T1 all the way!
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

It seems alot of people are just getting Marks and Medallions instead of Teal drops or other loot. Would a viable suggestion be that we could potentially trade Marks and Medallions for select Teal drops from a vendor? At a moderately high rate of coarse. That way at least you would be working towards something whether you looted a Teal drop or not. In the end at least you would get the Marks and Medallions which could eventually let you obtain good loot. Just a thought.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Guys run it T1.

Had 4 runs and seen the golden mini shield drop and twice champion 16% Crit multiplier boots drop.

Had ZERO loot in T2 challenge drop. Seems T2 challenge is just for increase of meds etc

T1 all the way!
    wow really?

that's... messed up lol.
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

Did T2C with a pug group last night. Warden/Champ/Champ/Cappie/LM/Mini. Our tank and one champ had never been there. We died on the first pull and once on the first boss. Last boss took 3 tries. Overall I thought it was pretty good. We did have someone try to run off the eye on the first boss get hit for 26k. After that the LM just kept SI on me the tank and himself.
    [center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

Can only agree with the people saying it's dumbed down. Ran it with kin on Monday, we facerolled through. What little tactic was involved before is now gone. On first boss you don't have to move, trash has been made easier, skellies on Gorothul reduced... In the end I had to check if we were even in T2, but we were. Instead of making it interesting for us who ran this a million times before they managed to make it even more boring.

And loot sucks.
    WARDEN FOR LIFE! on Laurelin EU-RP
    Officer of the [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rangers of the North[/COLOR].
    Proud member of [COLOR=Red]WeRock Alliance[/COLOR].

The Fire Boss is managable once the mechanics are understood. However, Urchir needs to be looked at by the devs. His distributed damage is fairly eradict and has the potential for high crits. A kin group of mine went through today with Captain, LM, Mini, Hunter, Champ and Warden (optimal class make up) and the distributed hit the group for over 100k damage. That's a little ridiculous. Do the devs really expect all classes to have 15-20k morale pools plus maxed mitigations?

Please take a second glance at Urchir.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'm 98% certain there's been a damage bug since RoR launched. In early RoR beta, all damage was massive (both taken and dealt - landscape mobs 3-shotting people, burgs one-shotting everything with surprise strike from stealth, etc.) and it was "fixed" one or two builds in. I believe that certain attacks (tactical and AoE common damage attacks by mobs) weren't fixed. This is why Dargnakh hits for 30k per tick on T2 instead of 2-3k, why BG trash mobs hit for 15k on T2, why orcs and rats and melee Easterlings hit for expected amounts of damage but Easterling spirit brothers do 1k DPS with their shadow attacks, why the goblins (common damage) in Battle of the Way of the Smiths hit for expected amounts of damage but the fire orcs (fire damage) tear tanks apart despite common and tac mit both being capped.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by AragornXXVII View Post
    The Fire Boss is managable once the mechanics are understood. However, Urchir needs to be looked at by the devs. His distributed damage is fairly eradict and has the potential for high crits. A kin group of mine went through today with Captain, LM, Mini, Hunter, Champ and Warden (optimal class make up) and the distributed hit the group for over 100k damage. That's a little ridiculous. Do the devs really expect all classes to have 15-20k morale pools plus maxed mitigations?

Please take a second glance at Urchir.
    Urchir only does the distributed damage when another person gains agro. If the tank gets the agro and keeps it the boss will only do it once !
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Unhappy

Found it the same as it was back at 65.....not saying easier due to the removal of some trash mobs.Done it yesterday on our first try there with an experienced fellow of the old days and just wiped once on the 1st boss (GRD-MIN-RK-BRG-CPT-HNT)....

BIG FAIL?? no drops ............. just bounties !!!!!!! and im not asking for some imba drops but come on....nothing?????
    Drink to the dead all you still alive
    We shall join them in good time

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'm 98% certain there's been a damage bug since RoR launched. (...)
    We've tested the first trash with a warden tank. The difference between t1 and t2 is amazing.
    T1 - no healing required, warden gets hits for 300-500 damage.
    T2 - warden takes 20k in 2-3 seconds (like 3 hits for 5k in a second), healing next to impossible

The bosses on t2 seem quite easy compared to trash:
    1 wipe on first boss, 0 wipes on others
    10 wipes on first trash...

Had to use big cooldown skills (FH+TS+...) on t2 trash, but t2 bosses easily doable without... is this really WAI?

Steroids... I blame the steroids. They should ban all the T2 brutes for life!

Did the T2 CM twice with pug and kinnies and the loot was just bounties & marks+medallions+seals both times (nice amount, but still)... So, RNG fail on gear it seems to me, and very little incentive to go through it again when no gear/symbol dropping for anyone in the group.
    Daelomin - r11 Guardian/Laurelin

Completed:
    Challenge: The Guardian of Sammath Gûl

server : withynwindle

Krom Guardian
    Hlektra Rune Keeper
    Haethen Captain
    Senmor Burglar
    Alkyona Minstrel
    Xekolas Hunter

Kinship : Beer Academy (Greek Kinship)
    Krom Of Laurelin.

Just remove corruptions, and CC if you have to on the first pull. It's really quite easy once you figure out what you're doing wrong.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Is the final boss, Demafaer still accessible on T1 if you don't kill any of the spirits in the Gorothul fight? We ran it on T1 yesterday and wiped a couple times at Gorothul but we got him down without killing a spirit (we never got the message saying that a door further on has been locked) but then when we went to move on to the last boss the door was locked. Not sure if that was a bug or just that it has to be on T2 to get to the last boss.
    Arkenstone

Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company

Dobraine - Warden l Dobriana - Rune Keeper
    Dobrion - Burglar l Dobralia - Minstrel
    Shiona - Lore Master l Dobriel - Captain
    Cruxius - Guardian l Nephilym - Warden
    Arcamedes - Rune Keeper l Yukiri - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    I ran it two times today. Both times the group was grd/rk/cappy/2 champs/hunter. I tanked the boss and people stood right behind it. Didn't even bother moving for the lightning. It felt like people barely took any damage from the lightning. There was no hiding behind pillars or anything. Just get in the bosses face and dps.
    i stood behind him also, didnt take much damage

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'm 98% certain there's been a damage bug since RoR launched. In early RoR beta, all damage was massive (both taken and dealt - landscape mobs 3-shotting people, burgs one-shotting everything with surprise strike from stealth, etc.) and it was "fixed" one or two builds in. I believe that certain attacks (tactical and AoE common damage attacks by mobs) weren't fixed. This is why Dargnakh hits for 30k per tick on T2 instead of 2-3k, why BG trash mobs hit for 15k on T2, why orcs and rats and melee Easterlings hit for expected amounts of damage but Easterling spirit brothers do 1k DPS with their shadow attacks, why the goblins (common damage) in Battle of the Way of the Smiths hit for expected amounts of damage but the fire orcs (fire damage) tear tanks apart despite common and tac mit both being capped.
    move aside, people need to tell us that they did, in fact, manage to beat a 6man t2.
    Last edited by BeautyExists; Dec 26 2012 at 03:31 AM.
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands

I don't get why people is complaining about this instance being hard, because the pulls are all easier than the old lvl 65 ones (except the first one). The first boss mechaninc has changed a bit but thats it, people just need to adapt and its still not hard, plus if you have a LM in the fellow its quite easy.

Anyway T2 is still doable in 40min ish or less, the only problem are the rewards for me. I've never seen anybody get anything else than a bounty on the first 2 bosses, and from my experience only 1 person of the fellow gets something good out of this instance(if we get something good like a crystal of remembrance, regular crystals, etc)
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    Is the final boss, Demafaer still accessible on T1 if you don't kill any of the spirits in the Gorothul fight? We ran it on T1 yesterday and wiped a couple times at Gorothul but we got him down without killing a spirit (we never got the message saying that a door further on has been locked) but then when we went to move on to the last boss the door was locked. Not sure if that was a bug or just that it has to be on T2 to get to the last boss.
    Demafaer is only accessible if you kill Gorothul in HM, i.e T2.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanra View Post
    Anyway T2 is still doable in 40min ish or less, the only problem are the rewards for me. I've never seen anybody get anything else than a bounty on the first 2 bosses, and from my experience only 1 person of the fellow gets something good out of this instance(if we get something good like a crystal of remembrance, regular crystals, etc)
    Same here. I'm not going in that instance again. I prefer clearing Barad Guldur repetitively.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Is it me or I found SH CM harder than SG T2. If you have the right group for SG and keep interrupts on the 3rd boss then you would be fine. But SH, I can't never find the right group.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast