We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    We have already run this twice, but also got the change to run it over on Bull. Just have cappy pop LS/IHW at start of fight, dont run with the eye, stay in group and if you have a lm, just have him stan dot everyone.

This instance isn't that bad. Remove corruptions and use cappy/healing cooldowns appropriately and there will be no issues. CC is also nice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001cf6d8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

instance is fine. You definitely need a real tank (guard or warden). Chanks get one shotted.

However, loot sucks.

Need better loot.

Quote Originally Posted by fulred View Post
    instance is fine. You definitely need a real tank (guard or warden). Chanks get one shotted.

However, loot sucks.

Need better loot.
    You just got unlucky with loot. Champ boots dropped with 16% crit multiplier.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001cf6d8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yeah they loot we got when we did it was &&&& only seals etc , what i would say is that surely the brutes arent meant to just spawn from thin air a couple of time there wasnt any there then just appeared this needs fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by schizoid19 View Post
    You just got unlucky with loot. Champ boots dropped with 16% crit multiplier.
    Assuming you aren't kidding, Link?

The 1st boss seems touch and go, sometimes we have no problems, sometimes he hits people for 10k plus.
    Recently our mini is getting one shotted for 11k+ within a second of starting, no time to use any skill of any kind.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

No need for any big CDs like IHW/last stand/fellowship's heart for 1st boss. Did this twice today with same group make up. Guard/mini/cappy/champ/2 hunters. Have all but the tank run up to the skeleton on the left side of the altar in the middle of the room, have tank run to the skeleton on the right side of the altar. Tank aggros soon as boss activates, group runs behind boss right on his behind. No one gets one shotted, boss does not do range attacks when everyone's in melee range Have tank slowly pull back to the corner you would normally tank him at (we do close right near door) and have group follow closely, making sure not to run in front of boss and get swatted.

For eyes, since we did not have lm, people watched their timer carefully and ran away at 2s. Just enough to get 10m away from group but not far enough to get range punished by boss. Fight went quick.

All other bosses besides first one are a piece of cake if you understood the old mechanics.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Not sure about everyone else but we went in there tonight and tore though sg t2cm. had no rk and a few newbies thats never been in there.

On the other hand tried SH t2cm and that suckers is a pain in the butt.
    Freeps: Zanzabar, airean, Zelhion, Riddlermen
    Creeps: Ishootyourface, ihealyourface

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Second boss down. Lightning hits for about 6K per hit. Healers get ready
    I ran it two times today. Both times the group was grd/rk/cappy/2 champs/hunter. I tanked the boss and people stood right behind it. Didn't even bother moving for the lightning. It felt like people barely took any damage from the lightning. There was no hiding behind pillars or anything. Just get in the bosses face and dps.

Hard to say if people are just unlucky while others are very lucky. I would, however, be fairly confident saying that people getting hit randomly for 12k+ is not wai
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Did it 5x today and the first ones were bad, till we got used to it. The trick with the first boss is not to go far off him pretty much absorb all the mezz and stuff. You can go far away if your a heavy with 13k+ morale that can pass a tact check, I did with my cappy and only got hit with 7k. When you do get him to low morale (where he set the room on fire) everyone needs to do a /follow on boss to avoid going off a distance and burn (you don't have to /follow but you get the point).

2nd boss is easy you can fight him straight on

3rd boss yeah same as last time you fought him

4th boss mind as well just hand over the loot.

Hardest pull was the brute with 4 adds we just kite it around gorothul room 6k per damage per add is a bit too much for a tank.

loot and enjoy the Bounty literally the bounty....

To be honest this thread reads like "We wiped! let's QQ forums for nerfs!". Why nowadays people alwasy cry instead of pushing buttons harder?

"less QQ, more pewpew!"
    Last edited by Burio; Dec 18 2012 at 04:38 AM.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

Watch the buffs on the fire boss - don't let him get them.

Remove corruptions on the Brutes and Guards.

Voila, no more one-shots.

What challenge? We are all in mellee, hunter get eye, moving from group, BUM, 16k ranged attack, and dont tell me he was in long distance, BOSS does this attack even at 4m range. No buffs on boss.
    Just stupid mechanic.

It reminds me D3 in its early weeks, when "challenge" was be one-shooted by almost every mob...

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Wynniekins is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Flurgaburburhobbit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post
    lol Turbine, just lol
    I sorta agree, Narg...as far as the first boss is concerned. We decided to fight 'Will you bring doom to your friends' with Anti-Stun on the whole fellowship and 'Can you handle the burn' was dealt with by our LMs as well. Was fine up to 150k when the fire spreads all over the place...but I think we got him down on the 4th try However, I don't think that anti-stunning the entire FS is the intended way of doing this, just couldn't figure out a way how to not get one-shotted...

Second boss was easy...easier than I remember him being before. Goro was fun...I just love that fight. I think the key there is to interrupt him and then everything is fine. And the last boss...well...same as always really

The trash pulls are 'interesting' to say the least...especially those new ranged mobs (I forget the name). On the other hand, we now have less Lore-masters to deal with, so that's great really.

All in all, I love the new SG and I bet once we figure out a way to deal with Mr I One-Shot You If You Run Away, it'll be even better. Only thing that was really disappointing was the loot, but then there's a nice shower of Marks, Medallions and even 27 Seals, so I can't even moan about that.

I for one am loving Sammath Gul
    Landroval
    Isquariel ~ lvl 105 Rune-keeper / Ithilielle ~ lvl 105 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post
    EDIT: as said in post above, ridiculous, just ridiculous.
    so I repeat: Lol Turbine, just lol
    You seem undergeared.
    From what I read on some forums, there is no difficulty and they even say T1 is too easy...

They actually made it easier, removed some mobs from some of the trash pulls, the one after the 2nd boss has no Brute in it, disappointing. The pull right before Gorothul only has 3 mobs instead of 5. No Sorcs afer the first pull and no LMs in the pull after that leading to the first boss. They even removed some bone piles, why????? Brutes will kill you almost instantly if you get in their AOE so you have to be careful there. Our biggest issue was figuring out the mechanic for the first boss and the aggro mechanic on the Brutes seems to have changed a bit, other than that we got through it fine. Grd, LM and Min 3 manned boss 2 fwiw. Loot was extremely disappointing.

Overall I think they dumbed it down.

Attended by Coldaen

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    You seem undergeared.
    From what I read on some forums, there is no difficulty and they even say T1 is too easy...
    Narg isn't undergeared I can asureyou that
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    Narg isn't undergeared I can asureyou that
    undergeared, l2p, haters gonna hate etc are a safe reply when others encounter bugs you don't encounter yourself... Kind of sad when you think of it
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I noticed they got rid of some extra mobs to make clearing easier too. We did T2 last night with a kin group of whoever was on. It was warden, champ, cappyx2, mini, lm. We weren't the strongest dps group, but we sure outhealed everyone! As a lm I was traited red line for dps and group wound cure. For first boss we just all balled up behind him. When someone got an eye they moved and when fire/wound dots came around I group cured them. I also kept stun immunity on myself and healer in case someone with an eye forgot to run.

Rest of it was pretty easy. I will say trash does hit hard. You could tell when our champ had a big crit on trash because you would find him taking a dirtnap telling us how much he crit for.

If you want more of a challenge, do sword halls t2 cm. We also did that last night and it was cappy, champ, lm. It was actually quite fun.

Boss 2 and 3 - easier than they used to be.
    Boss 4 - perhaps about the same

Boss 1 has been on 'roids since 2009...

I tried to run away with the eye once, but I was hit with two different ranged attacks - one for 4,8k, the other for
    7. Since I use timestamps, I could also see that they were also done in the very same second...

We did it in the end just by staying balled up. We had some random one-shots, but he drops rather quickly.
    AM-traited LM is what you need, me thinks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000142a8f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Having not been around for the 65 days, I found most of the fights and trash fun, the only problems we had were the first boss because they had forgotten the mechanics and I had no idea until we read the debuffs/call outs from the boss.

The person who got the debuff of the eye always ran off around 3s to negate the ranged attack and didn't explode.

When the other call out for the name came, we just stacked and took the minor explosive damage.

The flames filling the room part we just burned the boss through it and knocked him out.

The group was warden/2hunters/cappy/rk/burg

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    undergeared, l2p, haters gonna hate etc are a safe reply when others encounter bugs you don't encounter yourself... Kind of sad when you think of it
    Corruptions on the Brutes and Guards aren't bugs.

Neither are the buffs that the fire boss gets.

It is ridiculous right now. Tried to do it with guardian,rk,captain,hunter,cha mp and mini. We got totally annihilated on the first boss and also wiped once on the trash pulls.

Not l2p issue, I used to 3man this instance with 2 of my buddies (champ cappy guardian combo). Also none of us is undergeared atm.

Making instances challenging by adding insane amounts of oneshotting damage is not a good way, there are lots of other options on making instances T2 worthy.

gg turbine.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

It's not that bad, it just doesn't play like the same instance at level 65.
    Don't go in there thinking you can use the same strats throughout and you'll find your way.
    First boss seems a little daunting, but it's not that bad once you find a better approach.

I don't know if people were expecting to faceroll it or what, but I'm relieved it presents at least a short-term challenge for most groups. I mean, it's gating some of the better loot in the game right now.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast