We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 92 of 92
  1. #76
    With the exception of the first boss, SG is easier than it was at level 65.

    The first boss can one shot people with a massive ranged attack if they run too far away, but you don't have to run far away to lose the eye from the "Will you bring doom to your friends ...?" debuff.
    With LM anti-stun or burglar interrupts, both these attacks can be totally avoided.
    A crude alternative tactic is to allow the fellowship to be stunned and heal through it.

    I don't get why people are complaining about getting one-shotted when this is an intentional mechanic of the encounter.
    There are no bugs here, just re-education needed.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
    Is it me or I found SH CM harder than SG T2. If you have the right group for SG and keep interrupts on the 3rd boss then you would be fine. But SH, I can't never find the right group.
    I did it with my LM with a captain and a warden. Really smooth.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

    Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,880
    The three hundredish medallions this dropped on us for completing the challenge was nice, and one member got a relic removal scroll.

    Definitely easier than it was at 65. Bad positioning had our tank punted over the edge on the lightning boss, and second on the threat table was burg, who tanked the rest of it. I was initially worried based upon the claims I'd seen of horrific damage, but couldn't find anything unusual other than some new mechanics on the fire boss eliminating short-cutting.

    PS: All the bosses in this instance appreciate the group be close, but as none of them do significant AoE damage, there's no reason to make it harder on your tank anyway.



    "Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    280
    We did it yesterday on T2 but not the challange.

    First boss was a hard fight but with SI it made it easier.

    Second boss was way to easy with don't fall to storm and so on.

    3rd boss is hard but it's okay if you don't aim for the challange, try to do the challange and... well game over, we once got him down to 60k before we wiped.
    The fell-spirits hit's way to hard and when fear hits you tank might loose aggro on them and one or two hit's on the healer and it's good night.

    4th boss, haven't reached it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000000ce7d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Creep: [Weaver Morwei] [Defiler Grishlash]

    I live for music, music is my life * [url]http://www.myspace.com/uzx[/url] *

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,004
    We did it yesterday on T2 hm.

    Group:

    Minstrel
    Champion
    Captain
    Burglar
    Loremaster
    Guardian

    First Boss easy going by stun imo for the group. The rest of the boss fights also easy to kill.
    The first event group and the last one for Demafear were the hardest Groups.

    In future we'll do it in T1 because there was no second Box for Hm - the hm doesn't finished and loot is also the same.

    We god only a Riddermarkkristall embarrassing

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,880
    Ironically compared to the day before, last night didn't go nearly as well, similar group, but no cappy, fire boss one-shot each person who got the eye. Everyone was in all their vit/mit gear. No go.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Behind you.... With a knife....
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Ironically compared to the day before, last night didn't go nearly as well, similar group, but no cappy, fire boss one-shot each person who got the eye. Everyone was in all their vit/mit gear. No go.
    Stay right on his rear, if you get too far away he does a nasty attack. You'll have to just take the mezzes and work around them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    97
    So, our kin with with decent players have run this a couple of times now. First mob, really hard, but separate the two guards next to the brute(they have a unique non-clearable buff that adds 50% damage), remove corruptions, and cc if needed.

    1st boss seems completely random... 3 times in a row he one-shooted a member before he even came off the alter. Nothing you can do but Rez or restart it, sine he's killed somebody before you can do anything.(remember that he's standing in fire on the alter so you can't even go up there. Pull tank aggro and wait for him to come down). 4th try he behaved nicely, came down the stairs... Everyone on the left, tank on the right... Nice and easy moved him slowly off the center platform with every very close behind, lm with anti on everyone to avoid the eye one shot issue. We had a similar issue on the second run... Completely random deaths and 4 restarts... Then he was super easy on the 5th try.... DEVs... Perhaps a re-coding so he doesn't do his special attacks in the first 5 seconds? Might makes this seem a bit less random. (Other thing - we start trying to have the CPT ls/ihw on the start of the 1st boss - he one-shotted the LM on three tries before the CPT could get his skills off - I guess he just really hates LMs'!!! lol)

    Everything after was easier than on lvl at65.

    But then!!! On our third run. Goruthul started fearing off people even though we were on the grates. Feared the tank and chp off, while they were running around feared, Goruthul turned and wiped the mini, cpt, and lm. Second attempt. Feared the entire group off twice. On the third fear, did his induct thing while every was running back from the fear and wiped the group. Three more tries with the run away fear causing wipes. Any thought guys? Is there something new you can do to avoid the running fear? Or did the instance just bug out on us? If not, why didn't we get the running fear on the first two runs and only on the 3rd? ( I think these were all T2, but the first might have been T1... Honestly can't remember. Thoughts?


    Oh, and no loot on any of these runs other than medallions,etc... Besides the fun of master this run, I'm not sure what the point is anymore...
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Wisp7011; Jan 03 2013 at 11:26 PM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    327
    Done this a couple of time on T2 CM with no issues, was a big letdown more than anything since they nerfed it epically compared to how it was at lvl 65. One thing that does help is having an LM for the 1st boss in which case it becomes a complete tank and spank just like the rest of the fights in there and the trash is a joke really unless you're badly undergeared or not paying attention.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp7011 View Post
    Is there something new you can do to avoid the running fear?
    Something old perhaps, burg triggers CJ (or FM if you want "new").

    Edit to add: Thanks for the suck up the eye and stun the group, worked well.
    Last edited by RJFerret; Jan 06 2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    490
    They completely nerfed this instance and made changes that were completely unnecessary. I don't like the meddling on one of the best 6-man instances I always thought they ever released.

    First off the brutes and guards have 3 tiered corruptions that are removable and must be removed by the group quickly or else the tank will die and then the group wipes. They also changed up many of the mobs in all of the rooms throughout the instance, for the most part nerfing the original complexity of all the pulls.

    The first boss is now easier than ever before. Before you needed group coordination to kill the first boss, and everyone needed to watch for the eye and run away or watch for the big group distributed damage attack. If you are getting one shotted by the 1st boss then you are doing it wrong. Now everyone runs up to the front of the alter together in a tight group so that when he stands up and does his ranged AOE distributed damage attack no one will get one shotted. Then once he runs down from the alter and gets to the group, then you have the tank turn him away from the group and the rest of the group gets right behind him in a tight group. And here comes the nerf, you just stand there for the duration of the fight doing DPS until he is dead. They made it so easy. You can completely ignore the eye. Just let the eye stun the whole group and he continues to attack the stunned tank. If the whole group doesn't get stunned then he will turn and attack anyone who isn't stunned, which will result in a possible wipe. So just take the stun and win the fight. You used to have to run away with the eye so you didn't stun the group, but now you can stun the whole group and still defeat him before the fire starts around the room. It's a complete joke how easy they have made it scaled on T2.

    The only difficulty of the instance now is from the first pull to the first boss. They completely nerfed all the pulls after that. Not to mention the 2nd boss you can now stand in the corner if your ranged or on the platform and kill the boss without the lightening affecting you. The healer can just easily heal through the lightening. And the 3rd boss wasn't even a challenge. Gorothul used to be a big challenge. Now he is nerfed so bad it was over before I knew it.

    I just don't understand why they messed with the instance changing it from the original design, just to make the path from the 1st pull to the 1st boss really difficult but everything after that nerfing it so it is a walk in the park. I liked the original SG so much better than this scaled &&&&.
    [SIZE="1"]Just realize that while champions are awesome, we want you to be awesome too. That's why we do the things we do. - Harumph[/SIZE]

    [size=1]I'm fairly certain no one is leaving the game due to confusion of what a strawman is or isn't. Which tells me we're done here.
    [color=blue]Last edited by Sapience; Aug 16 2010 at 12:12 PM.[/color][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000fec66/01008/signature.png]Vysion[/charsig]

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    Just let the eye stun the whole group and he continues to attack the stunned tank. If the whole group doesn't get stunned then he will turn and attack anyone who isn't stunned, which will result in a possible wipe. So just take the stun and win the fight
    Sorry but my experience says that this is wrong.
    The yellow eye stuns everyone EXCEPT the one with the eye, that means that he will NOT attack the stunned tank for the duration of the stun but he will attack the only one who is not stunned, the one with the eye. This means he will turn to the group and make his AOE.
    My kin and I usually kill him without a LM because we don't have one in our kin and we found out that there is a spot that is far away enough to NOT stun the tank (but the rest of the group) and where you are not getting one shotted. The beginning can be pretty ugly until everyone stands on a good position but after that its very easy (if the Boss doesn't get buffed with the fire)

    Greetings

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Artamir022 View Post
    Sorry but my experience says that this is wrong.
    The yellow eye stuns everyone EXCEPT the one with the eye, that means that he will NOT attack the stunned tank for the duration of the stun but he will attack the only one who is not stunned, the one with the eye. This means he will turn to the group and make his AOE.
    My kin and I usually kill him without a LM because we don't have one in our kin and we found out that there is a spot that is far away enough to NOT stun the tank (but the rest of the group) and where you are not getting one shotted. The beginning can be pretty ugly until everyone stands on a good position but after that its very easy (if the Boss doesn't get buffed with the fire)

    Greetings
    Well it must work differently on different servers then or something because I did it just last week and everyone, including the one with the eye, was stunned and the first boss kept smacking away at the tank.
    [SIZE="1"]Just realize that while champions are awesome, we want you to be awesome too. That's why we do the things we do. - Harumph[/SIZE]

    [size=1]I'm fairly certain no one is leaving the game due to confusion of what a strawman is or isn't. Which tells me we're done here.
    [color=blue]Last edited by Sapience; Aug 16 2010 at 12:12 PM.[/color][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000fec66/01008/signature.png]Vysion[/charsig]

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp7011 View Post
    But then!!! On our third run. Goruthul started fearing off people even though we were on the grates. Feared the tank and chp off, while they were running around feared, Goruthul turned and wiped the mini, cpt, and lm. Second attempt. Feared the entire group off twice. On the third fear, did his induct thing while every was running back from the fear and wiped the group. Three more tries with the run away fear causing wipes. Any thought guys? Is there something new you can do to avoid the running fear? Or did the instance just bug out on us? If not, why didn't we get the running fear on the first two runs and only on the 3rd? ( I think these were all T2, but the first might have been T1... Honestly can't remember. Thoughts?


    Oh, and no loot on any of these runs other than medallions,etc... Besides the fun of master this run, I'm not sure what the point is anymore...
    Thanks,
    Same experience with the fear. Our group last night was Guard/Healing Minstrel/DPS RK/DPS Minstrel/Hunter/LM

    Everything went dandy until the fear phase. Every 30 seconds or less, he would do his AOE fear and everyone was sent running back aimlessly. No fun at all to lose control of your character like that. On this phase, the Skeleton Summoners would start to hit the squishies for 3k ranged hits, meaning that by the end of the fear our healers were dead.

    Before you could avoid the fear by standing in melee range of the boss, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Bad luck or is there something i'm missing? We could wind-lore some of the summoners, but not all...
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    They completely nerfed this instance and made changes that were completely unnecessary. I don't like the meddling on one of the best 6-man instances I always thought they ever released.
    I agree with your "one of the best 6 mans" comment, but *completely* nerfed, clearly is untrue, the corruptions are an interesting addition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    First off the brutes and guards have 3 tiered corruptions that are removable and must be removed by the group quickly or else the tank will die and then the group wipes. They also changed up many of the mobs in all of the rooms throughout the instance, for the most part nerfing the original complexity of all the pulls.
    Isn't every instance "easy" if you know what to do, are geared well and with pro players??

    Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    The only difficulty of the instance now is from the first pull to the first boss. They completely nerfed all the pulls after that. Not to mention the 2nd boss you can now stand in the corner if your ranged or on the platform and kill the boss without the lightening affecting you. The healer can just easily heal through the lightening. And the 3rd boss wasn't even a challenge. Gorothul used to be a big challenge. Now he is nerfed so bad it was over before I knew it.
    ...and the mobs in the room before the last boss, that is a tough fight unless you have an LM and a burg with full CC.

    I have decided that I won;t run this instance anymore. I'm about risk / reward, I have beaten it on T2 3x now and other than ONE teal cloak from Gorothul it has been nothing but a few runes and relics and a pile of purple gear. Not worth it. This used to be THE instance for a great pocket item and earrings....
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    I have decided that I won;t run this instance anymore. I'm about risk / reward, I have beaten it on T2 3x now and other than ONE teal cloak from Gorothul it has been nothing but a few runes and relics and a pile of purple gear. Not worth it. This used to be THE instance for a great pocket item and earrings....
    This is exactly how I feel atm. It's just not worth the hassle... the one-shots on the first boss, the repairs, the time it takes to clear, etc. I'll keep my ears open once U10 hits. If I hear that the loot finally becomes worth the trouble, I'll run SG T2 once again. Perhaps this thread can be revived then and folks can post their loot results.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

  17. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    I agree with your "one of the best 6 mans" comment, but *completely* nerfed, clearly is untrue, the corruptions are an interesting addition.
    The corruptions were there all along - the brutes didn't hit like trucks with shadow damage back in the day though, so no-one bothered with them.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload