We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sammath Gul - lvl 85

lol Turbine, just lol
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fmbT5TS.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL]http://www.blooddrunk.shivtr.com/[/URL] -> Officially sponsored by Ravezot.
    Leniency is for the weak, I'd rather die than show you mercy, Slaughter is yet to come.[/CENTER]

Wow that was constructive. . What is the problem with level 85 Sammath Gul?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Turbine likes a challenge xD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000df55a/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

4th try on first boss.

Urchír scored a critical hit with a destructive swipe attack on Samacerta for 12,855 Fire damage to Morale.

Urchír scored a critical hit with a massive ranged attack on Kapitain for 10,029 Fire damage to Morale.

Urchír scored a hit with a massive ranged attack on Gathaleth for 8,949 Fire damage to Morale.

Urchír scored a devastating hit with a massive ranged attack on Thorebane for 15,892 Fire damage to Morale.

... no matter your morale or mitigation's lawl.
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Elrendos View Post
    Wow that was constructive. . What is the problem with level 85 Sammath Gul?
    Where to begin

6k+ non crit hits from regular Guldur guards, 16k+ hits from the brute.(this is on a heavy armour class) granted tank should have all the agro but well, then the tank has survivability issues, but sharing agro with a champ won't work unless champ will trait tanking etc maybe.

First boss gives eye to light/medium armour classes, they run off and get one shotted there, if they don't they daze the group then get one shotted in the group. He randomly turns around dishing out 10k hits (2 targets if I noticed it correctly). and then the splash damage can crit for over 5k as well, think even higher cause I think it killed 2 of our fs (rk and mini, rk lived on 1.3k but died shortly after) who both have over 10k morale.

I think that the instances did indeed need some toughening up since 65 so it's not exactly the same, but well just giving any mob in the instance the ability to one shot people is not the way to go imo.

EDIT: as said in post above, ridiculous, just ridiculous.

so I repeat: Lol Turbine, just lol
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fmbT5TS.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL]http://www.blooddrunk.shivtr.com/[/URL] -> Officially sponsored by Ravezot.
    Leniency is for the weak, I'd rather die than show you mercy, Slaughter is yet to come.[/CENTER]

Aye, when he puts the eye on someone they automatically take 13K+ damage. You don't get time to move away.

Also when he does * Can you handle the burn * everyone takes 7-10K damage.

We got the boss to 15K because everyone went.
    Last edited by Thorebane; Dec 17 2012 at 11:36 AM.

What if you went in with a LM traited yellow line and proof of all ills (group wound/disease cure). He could keep tac mit debuff and wind lore (ranged debuff) on him full time as well as group cure wounds. That's what we did in the old days. Would this reduce the massive damage you're seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Amlost View Post
    What if you went in with a LM traited yellow line and proof of all ills (group wound/disease cure). He could keep tac mit debuff and wind lore (ranged debuff) on him full time as well as group cure wounds. That's what we did in the old days. Would this reduce the massive damage you're seeing?
    Well if your saying an LM is going to be needed to do SG, then I am shaking my head now.

this + keeping everyone stun immune...
    I would also take a RK which keeps the protection against fire up all the time. This protection is not as good as it was in Mirkwood, but it still mitigates some damage.

All the above should make the fight more doable, though it does not change the fact that the damage in SG was scaled very badly.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    this + keeping everyone stun immune...
    I would also take a RK which keeps the protection against fire up all the time. This protection is not as good as it was in Mirkwood, but it still mitigates some damage.

All the above should make the fight more doable, though it does not change the fact that the damage in SG was scaled very badly.
    We had a rk
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000df55a/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

We have the best LM in our kin with us ... one shotted along with the rest.

Done first boss. Second even worse XD

+ we had a RK aswell.

LM and RK were getting one shotted 2 seconds into the fight.

So sounds like they made it too hard. Ha ha. I'll have to wait and see for myself this evening. Hopefully it isn't impossible though. Has anyone made it past the first boss yet? If so what are the other bosses like?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

So sounds like they made it too hard. Ha ha. I'll have to wait and see for myself this evening. Hopefully it isn't impossible though. Has anyone made it past the first boss yet? If so what are the other bosses like?
    On the second boss now. The knockbacks he does are much harder, 2 people went flying + 2 others one shotted lol

Second boss down. Lightning hits for about 6K per hit. Healers get ready

Third down. He's so easy. Hardly any skeletons come compared to how they used to.

4th boss same as before but now with 550K morale.

&&&& of &&&& loot.
    Got nothing but meds, relics and bounties.
    Last edited by Thorebane; Dec 17 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Sigh. Damage scaling for certain attack types has been broken since RoR launched (try to do Dargnakh Unleashed or Fornost Wraith of Water and find out for yourself). It's clearly affecting both tactical attacks of all types and AoE physical damage attacks, while single-target physical damage attacks are working correctly.

I've /bugged this, and I started a thread in the BR forums a while ago asking if this bug would fixed before it was introduced into new (or newly rescaled) content in U9. I never got a dev response so I have no idea if this is even on their radar.

Damn shame, too, as I wouldn't have minded one bit if SG became the new Foundry.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

I don't recall. Is there a t2 version of SG or just one version with challenge mode? If there is a T2, were you guys doing T1 or T2 and getting 1 shotted?

How much morale did the LM and RK have? With cappy buffs my LM is mid 13.5k and tac mit is capped at 40%.

It sounds like they made it truely too hard or you have to already be really well geared (new crit jewelry and hybold/moors/maybe orthanc) to pull it off.

I'm looking forward to trying it out after work!

I don't recall. Is there a t2 version of SG or just one version with challenge mode? If there is a T2, were you guys doing T1 or T2 and getting 1 shotted?

How much morale did the LM and RK have? With cappy buffs my LM is mid 13.5k and tac mit is capped at 40%.

It sounds like they made it truely too hard or you have to already be really well geared (new crit jewelry and hybold/moors/maybe orthanc) to pull it off.

I'm looking forward to trying it out after work!
    We was doing T2 version. Who does T1
    Rk and LM both had over 12.8K morale on the try we did it.

Seems a bit random the first boss...2 wipes due to 2-shot and not getting chance to move, then 3rd try, easy, no silly one-shots or anything (no RK).

Second boss, melee just stayed with boss, ranged stood at pillar like old times, easy.

Bad loot also, well, i got a tome of fate V and a kinnie got a Star-lit @ 3rd boss - other than that, trash. Purple item stats are awful.

Nice medallion count also (293medals 31 seals for challenge, 60 for corpses quest, 29 for 1st boss 22~ for 2nd boss? very nice regardless). Will be interesting to see how BG is later on tonight given the changes so far.
    Last edited by Unisi; Dec 17 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000111ff8/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Les Adorables Kinsite @ [URL]http://alyx.sk/lotro/[/URL]

managed to do this fairly easy with a guard champ dps rune keeper another hunter and a mini the hardest part of the whole instance is that first boss onces hes done (took 5 trys) the rest of the instance is a walk over nothing has changed since it was 65 apart from the damage yea i got one shoted a few times buy crits and devs but only when i shot to quickly and tank didn't have agro. (this was a pug run aswell )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000025e6a2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sounds fun guys! SG was always one of my most favorite six player instances. I can't wait to give it a go. People are complaining about the loot but look at it this way... teal drops are now bind on equip, so worse case scenario you use all the Medallions, Marks, etc. to purchase things like Riddermark Scrolls, sell those, and get enough money to buy the drops you wanted.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Unisi View Post
    Second boss, melee just stayed with boss, ranged stood at pillar like old times, easy.
    Sad to hear this. I was hoping that they'd at least adjust it a bit so that every spot in the room would get hit with lightning at some point, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Sad to hear this. I was hoping that they'd at least adjust it a bit so that every spot in the room would get hit with lightning at some point, but apparently not.
    You could always try it without going to the pillar. I remember when we used to do guild runs in SG we wouldn't hide in the pillars like people usually do. We'd actually try to navigate the pattern and avoid the lightning. Made it alot more exciting getting zapped in the butt now and then. He he.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

You could always try it without going to the pillar. I remember when we used to do guild runs in SG we wouldn't hide in the pillars like people usually do. We'd actually try to navigate the pattern and avoid the lightning. Made it alot more exciting getting zapped in the butt now and then. He he.
    Yeah, that's how I liked doing it as well.

It probably confused people in pugs when I wasn't just standing still, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Yeah, that's how I liked doing it as well.

It probably confused people in pugs when I wasn't just standing still, but oh well.
    That's what I would do to. Then you'd get silly people saying things like "That's not how you do it! Stand against the pillar!" Hehe. Can't wait to try the instance out again though! Should be fun.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Seems not right to me everybody like a challenge but folk just getting one shotted all the time isnt much fun and they seem very random sometime he does it others not .

Try moving boss around, theres a small fire in addition to one moving around the room. It gives him +50% dmg and can stack. we were oneshoted when he had 3 of those but when we moved him around all those attacks did 1.8-2k dmg
    Galrandil
    Risen kinship on Eldar

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast