We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Winter Festival 2012 (Yule Festival 2012)

Ok first things first :

How do i get there?

I think it gives an autoport or take the stables.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aabb0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]In pursuit of knowledge, for knowledge is power....[/i]

Went to Bree,Michel Delving and Thorin's Gate and found no NPCs and didn't see any destinations on the -now updated UI- tab of the Stable Masters there.
    And i didn't get an email either.

Oh it just auto-bestowed! 10 minutes after i logged in! Never mind!

LET'S PARTY!!!

New Deed: The More the Merrier
    Complete quests in Winter-home: 1 / 120

I did them all during the previous years. This is bullsh*t.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post

Bah! I was really hoping that they had decided to tone down the upper tier to something a little more achievable to the casual gamer. I can probably squeeze the time in if I wanted to, but tbh over the Christmas period I don't think I can bring myself to grind that out.

More to the point, you shouldn't have to.

Blah Blah Blah, I was going to rant but I've worn myself out reading about it in the Bullroarer forums.

I can't believe they didn't change it! Didn't enough people pass comment on how ludicrous those numbers are?
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post

I did them all during the previous years. This is bullsh*t.
    I intend to bug this, including a screen shot of my completed deeds for last year's festival.
    Silverlode refugee

How many times is that "Yule Festival is Here!" button going to keep popping up. I decline it and it comes back again later. I have no intentions of doing the festival. How can I get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallan1706 View Post
    How many times is that "Yule Festival is Here!" button going to keep popping up. I decline it and it comes back again later. I have no intentions of doing the festival. How can I get rid of it.
    Just go there and them zone back out

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Didn't enough people pass comment on how ludicrous those numbers are?
    They are waiting to see if enough people pass cash to justify the changes. If withholding of money = forum outrage, it will likely change next year Sadly, I think the wallets tend to open up, even when the mouths do... if a few people take advantage of this... it will likely stay this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallan1706 View Post
    Just accept it once. You will be ported to the festival area, but no new quests will appear and the deeds will not start. After that you can forget about the festival completely if you don't like it.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Just accept it once. You will be ported to the festival area, but no new quests will appear and the deeds will not start. After that you can forget about the festival completely if you don't like it.
    Q: If you go there to get rid of the auto-bestowed quest what starts the deeds?

Im confused because your answer implies if you start the deeds something else will start to hound you in-game. eg. A daily Festival Grind Message of reset or something similar.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Ok, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Q: If you go there to get rid of the auto-bestowed quest what starts the deeds?

Im confused because your answer implies if you start the deeds something else will start to hound you in-game. eg. A daily Festival Grind Message of reset or something similar.
    When you enter the festival village, you see a quest giver which asks you to walk around and talk to different NPCs. Only after you complete this get-to-know-everyone quest, you will see all the deeds open.

I know some players (including myself) who dislike any kind of unfinished deeds. Since I am not planning to participate in this festival I want to avoid any new deeds in my deed log. It is nice to know that the very first auto bestowed quest is not starting it
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

the bloody cost of things is about to make me sick. ok, so i have done all the quests countless times on my alts thru the years, now I get to do them all again just to get the high tier stuff for one char. the warsteed cost is out-bloody-rageous alone. I guess, i will just buy what i can with what tokens i have saved, then run one char thru ad nauseum to get the stupid gold token for the steed cosmetic. makes me sick and oh so very tired of this game

way to go and ruin a festival forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    I can't believe they didn't change it! Didn't enough people pass comment on how ludicrous those numbers are?
    The original quests numbers in beta were 300 - so they did actually lower them. But you are right, they are still rediculously high for a Festival, and as another posted has mentioned, some people who have already completed this deed and have it in their log as such with the title to boot, had the count resent to zero. Personally, I don't see myself even participating other than to get the autobestowal out of my hair. Not interested in grinding 120 quests for a comsetic alone. Maybe next year if I have more time over the holidays... for now, too disgusted to bother.

The 300 quests was just crazy. I still think 120 is a bit much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, the quests can only be done once per day now. I think I seen someone post there are 12 total quests (or around that). If that’s right, to get 120 quests it will take 10 days. The festival only runs 16 days according to the community calendar. With Christmas & New Year's falling in those 16 days, I'm sure I'm not the only person who will find it hard to log in the 10 days needed to get the deed completed. It’s really sad to see something that used to be fun just become another part of the grind. There's enough grind out there already, we don't need more.
    [center][color=white]Linwe ~ Elf Hunter[/color]
    [url=http://houseofelders.net/]House of Elders[/url] - Gladden
    [color=red]Clibni ~ R11 Stalker (retired)[/color]
    [/center]

9 days per char for the warsteed cosmetic. Anyone got an idea how long this fest will be on?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aabb0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]In pursuit of knowledge, for knowledge is power....[/i]

I'm not sure if people are overreacting without actually trying the quest, or if I'm missing something, but I did one round of all the quests in Winterhome, used the 2 free festival resets (assume they were free, I didn't buy em), and purchased one with VIP points... I have 20 quests completed, finished the first deed, and have over half the tokens needed to get the warsteed appearance...

86 Festival Tokens and 2 Golden tokens, the warsteed costs 150 Tokens, and 1 Gold Token.

The achievement for doing 120 quests rewards 2 Golden Tokens and a Yule Festival Frame for your char...

Again if I'm missing something I'm going to sound like an idiot, but perhaps try logging in and taking a look before complaining?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000047d0b6/01006/signature.png]Anukhet[/charsig]

At least the coins drop pretty fast. Just did 15 quests (had some reset tokens I had hoarded previously) and already have about 60 coins. It's 4 per quest, which is much better than the previous less-than-one that had to be converted. Not bad for an hour's work. If you have resets, I def recommend the keg delivery quest. Did it 3 or 4 times super fast.

Still think that starting with an empty deed, after completing it in full on all of my 7 alts, is ridiculous.
    Nimrodel: [color=tan]Lillianeth (LM), Heldene (CH), Bremarth (H),
    Mardenia (B), Marthriel (W), Zirazbund (RK), Lullabee (M)[/color]
    Landroval: [color=tan]Penwareth (RK), Swiftlet (M)[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Iorothiel View Post
    9 days per char for the warsteed cosmetic. Anyone got an idea how long this fest will be on?
    The forum calendar has the Yule Fest scheduled from today until Wed. Jan 2nd. That is 17 days total.

This morning I completed 13 quests very quickly, in around 30 minutes I think, and that was without the eating contest or snowball fight, so it seems like even if you miss 7-8 days, you can still get the Tier 3 deed done without too much fuss.

Also, everyone doesn't automatically get any quest resets. If you had any docs of mount ownership saved up, those convert to quest resets. I did not have any, nor do I feel the need to purchase any quest resets. It seems perfectly reasonable to complete Tier 3 without them, but then I only intend to do it on one or two characters.
    Last edited by WiltenRose; Dec 17 2012 at 03:15 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001d7bc7/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wow, to read some posts here, you'd think some people have no choice but to do the festival. Just like the cries of how expensive the Harvest Brew steed was, but they had to get it. If something which is supposed to be fun is not fun, the solution is obvious.

I did a dozen quests with one character in 30 minutes or so. Nothing as fun as the Hobbiton races in the summer festival, unfortunately, but not as annoying as the timed quests in the Haunted Burrow (which I did not do because I thought they were annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by Treize6 View Post
    I'm not sure if people are overreacting without actually trying the quest, or if I'm missing something
    Seriously, what do you think?
    Last edited by maxjenius; Dec 17 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Part of the issue of course for the deed is all the 1 time quests that you of course if you have done the festival in previous years wont go towards the deed.

No idea where people were getting 13 quests without the fight etc, I have 10. Oh and if those resets that were got were free its random chance from somewhere as nothing here.

I wouldnt mind so much if there was even something NEW to do.

Thankfully I saved up my festival tickets throughout the previous festivals and completed Tiers 1, 2, & 3 in just about 4 hours today. I just can't figure out where the new merchant is that is suppose to open when the 3rd is completed. I also haven't found anywhere to get tickets during this festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Mypromise View Post
    Thankfully I saved up my festival tickets throughout the previous festivals and completed Tiers 1, 2, & 3 in just about 4 hours today. I just can't figure out where the new merchant is that is suppose to open when the 3rd is completed. I also haven't found anywhere to get tickets during this festival.
    Only way to get tickets is buying them in the store.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast